• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Scottish teams in Europe

Funny as it was to see the huns gubbed last night....we have a taste of what VAR is going to be like when it is introduced into scottish football this season. In other words it won't solve anything and will create even more controversy and bad feeling than we have already. Add to that the "hand ball in the penalty box" rule which I have thought for many years is the worst rule in football, and you have the perfect storm. We are in for an interesting season.

Last edited:
So the Unionists got pumped by the Union SG!!

Oh the irony……..
First thing at work this morning, I had a wee dig at a hun workmate about last night , all I got was , “ you should want us to win, the coefficient” and all that bollocks. I disagreed of course, then we agreed to disagree.
Later in the day, after it died down, I started talking about Celtic in the CL , and he played into my hands by declaring that he hoped the smellies would get a doing every game.
”:what about the coefficient” I asked . ………silence 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh the irony……..
First thing at work this morning, I had a wee dig at a hun workmate about last night , all I got was , “ you should want us to win, the coefficient” and all that bollocks. I disagreed of course, then we agreed to disagree.
Later in the day, after it died down, I started talking about Celtic in the CL , and he played into my hands by declaring that he hoped the smellies would get a doing every game.
”:what about the coefficient” I asked . ………silence 😂😂😂😂😂😂

He didnae know what a coefficient was.

Dundee Utd's shot at Europe tonight
I'll miss it as I am going to be entertained by Noddy Holder at the fringe.

Long time since I had a fringe, nearly as long as I can remember the Arabs having that excellent shot at Europe.

Long time since I had a fringe, nearly as long as I can remember the Arabs having that excellent shot at Europe.
Two excellent shots - a European Cup semi-final and a UEFA Cup final. Not to be sniffed at.
And easily within the recall of the majority of the Bounce massif.

Two excellent shots - a European Cup semi-final and a UEFA Cup final. Not to be sniffed at.
And easily within the recall of the majority of the Bounce massif.
Cheated by a bent referee in the semi final iirc?
They were a good side to watch at that time.

Cheated by a bent referee in the semi final iirc?
They were a good side to watch at that time.
They were indeed. And all on a shoestring.

Will never happen again, for any of us 😕

I'll watch the Dundee United game tonight on BBC Scotland but genuinely can't see them beating Alkmaar over two legs. They're a good side and I think they'll have too much quality for United.

I'll watch the Dundee United game tonight on BBC Scotland but genuinely can't see them beating Alkmaar over two legs. They're a good side and I think they'll have too much quality for United.
I'm lookin forward to next Thurs to see the decider live. If the roof doesnae fall in before the final whistle.

They were indeed. And all on a shoestring.

Will never happen again, for any of us 😕
The year they won the league they used only 14 players.

I think this is the worst time possible to bin someone.

Motherwell will struggle

Is it televised?

Is it televised?
KO 8.00pm on BEEB.

Thought you needed a fringe so you could have a tattoo?

Thought you needed a fringe so you could have a tattoo?
Put out the fire Billy😎

KO 8.00pm on BEEB.

Cheers Doc 👍🏻

I hope I'm wrong.....cos I don't mind Dundee utd....but I've a feeling they may get skelped tonight.

I hope I'm wrong.....cos I don't mind Dundee utd....but I've a feeling they may get skelped tonight.

Be a toughy thats for sure. Wonder if they've sold out there tickets. Can't remember last time I seen Tannadice full.

Be a toughy thats for sure. Wonder if they've sold out there tickets. Can't remember last time I seen Tannadice full.
It used to be for European games.
The old terracing ( standing)was chock a block usually.

AZ get smaller average attendances than Hibs but in a country twice the size of Scotland will get a far bigger TV deal income so will be better equipped than us so United will be up against it over two legs.

AZ get smaller average attendances than Hibs but in a country twice the size of Scotland will get a far bigger TV deal income so will be better equipped than us so United will be up against it over two legs.

AZ turnover about 30mil a year.

Way, way, way more money than I thought.

The view from AZ's manager here in the press is that DU are a 'physical team' and will present problems.

So absolutely the same as every Dutch press interview with a Dutch manager before playing a Scottish side.

That's all the Dutch see in Scottish teams. One thing they never mention and that perhaps Scottish sides should concentrate more on is the much faster tempo in SPL games. If you can keep it going, Dutch defences can get disorganised as they lose control.

But the usually finer Dutch technique and tactical nous onfield generally gives them an advantage.

Still, early in the season for AZ too, so I'm going 2-2.

Motherwells conquerors 2 down after 8 minutes.

Yes apparently they have

United by far the better team here. I like United, less our bastard child like Celtc, more our successful wee cousin and was fine with boring Jack Ross. Hope they score soon.

United by far the better team here. I like United, less our bastard child like Celtc, more our successful wee cousin and was fine with boring Jack Ross. Hope they score soon.
They’ve been very impressive so far very aggressive performance by them not giving AZ time and space.

They’ve been very impressive so far very aggressive performance by them not giving AZ time and space.
Unlike Sligo, which shows you where Motherwell are!

1-0 DU, Middleton. No less than they deserve

1-0 DU, Middleton. No less than they deserve
Fully deserved been by far the better team.

Unlike Sligo, which shows you where Motherwell are!
Motherwell are pathetic. Look at Dundee Uniteds performance tonight against a top Dutch side compared to Motherwells 2 shambolic efforts.

That’s some win for Dundee United. Shows you what I know ffs 🤦‍♂️

Motherwells conquerors 2 down after 8 minutes.

Got beat 5-1 in the end. Sore one.

That’s some win for Dundee United. Shows you what I know ffs 🤦‍♂️
You're not alone. I thought Utd would lose..and lose by a couple.
They played well and thoroughly deserved to win.

You're not alone. I thought Utd would lose..and lose by a couple.
They played well and thoroughly deserved to win.
Alkmaar pushed Celtic close last season and looked a really good side I thought they'd have too much for United but it was a great performance by United. The goal was a cracking goal as well.

Very good performance and result from United last night.
Good organisation is crucial in Europe and they showed that last night.
A 1-0 win is a good one to take into the second leg.. Alkmaar know they have to score two to get through now.

Last edited:
Very good performance and result from United last night.
Good organisation is crucial in Europe and the showed that last night.
A 1-0 win is a good one to take into the second leg.. Alkmaar know they have to score two to get through now.
If United get the 1st goal over there it'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons. After watching them last night they are capable of it.

Scotland is nearly twice the size of Netherlands

AZ turnover about 30mil a year.

Way, way, way more money than I thought.
A lot of cash but I suppose it makes sense given the Eredivisie along with the French and Portugese Leagues are best after the usual massive 4.
Not popular on here but I will be interested to see Hearts turnover for this upcoming season. Given the turnover you have found for Alkmaar, you would imagine a consistent turnover of at least £20 million per year will be required for Scottish teams outside the OF to make a reasonable stab at European competition.

This thread has been viewed 45509 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50