• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Scottish Cup Friday Night?

Gunnerhibby

Freeloading Admin Radge
Admin
Reaction score
Hearing that our next round will be played on friday night, as bigot bros will be given preference for their euro ties(huns wed & SDBs thurs).
We will play Inversneckie on Friday, Hertz v Huns sat 12.00, SDBs Sunday early ko, and 4 way tie Sunday pm.
Us or Hertz cant go Sunday because of derby on tuesday., and they wont have Huns and SDBs on same day, both on Premier TV.

Hibs v Sneckie Friday on BBC Scotlandshire

Hearing that our next round will be played on friday night, as bigot bros will be given preference for their euro ties(huns wed & SDBs thurs).
We will play Inversneckie on Friday, Gunts v Huns sat 12.00, SDBs Sunday early ko, and 4 way tie Sunday pm.
Us or Gunts **** go Sunday because of derby on tuesday., and they wont have Huns and SDBs on same day, both on Premier TV.

Hibs v Sneckie Friday on BBC Scotlandshire

I am fine with that, I just wish they would say so.

Enjoy Friday games, bit tight on ICT fans though

Enjoy Friday games, bit tight on ICT fans though
Yeh, fuckin brutal for them on Friday nights, but theyll have the consolation of watching it on zittelli

Hope it's a miserable night's viewing for them.
No offence to ICT.

Apart from that wee fat bastard Robbo.

Hope it's a miserable night's viewing for them.
No offence to ICT.

Apart from that wee fat bastard Robbo.
He'll probably watch it in the pub

Not keen on Friday night football to be honest. Why can't they have the Hearts v Huns game at noon on the Saturday with Hibs v Inverness at around tea-time ? At the end of the day though as long as we win who cares ?

Piss take for Caley fans, will not get home to well after 1am?

Was the same for us with midweek games v ross c and ict when they were in the top flight, does no encourage fans to go. Pishy typical scottish fa.

Was the same for us with midweek games v ross c and ict when they were in the top flight, does no encourage fans to go. Pishy typical scottish fa.

Probably play Ross County three times this season, two midweek

Nothing confirmed at the moment.
There is a few fixtures either side of the Scottish Cup weekend that complicate it - should know tomorrow/Thursday.

Nothing confirmed at the moment.
There is a few fixtures either side of the Scottish Cup weekend that complicate it - should know tomorrow/Thursday.

Fixtures either side are more or less set in stone mate.

Wed/thurs Europa >> fri/sat/sun Scottish >> Tues live sky derby.

Cannae see any of that changing to accommodate Scottish, even although, by SFA rules, Scottish cup games take precedence over league.

Will they move sky derby? Dinnae think so.

Probably play Ross County three times this season, two midweek
Aye piss that tae, our powers of be have no clue what they are doing. Away games over 1-2 hours away should be played on Saturdays.

Aye piss that tae, our powers of be have no clue what they are doing. Away games over 1-2 hours away should be played on Saturdays.
In that case Ross County would only be playing on a Saturday

Or the hibs fans from inverness,dingwall and beyond who do it all the time..

Or the hibs fans from inverness,dingwall and beyond who do it all the time..
Quite correct mate, total respect for those coming to ER from afar. ?

Taking its time

Confirmed by Hibs. Friday 28th Feb!

Don't like Friday night games but what the hell...as long as we win.
Hall of Fame night having to be put back a month as a consequence of this

Long day for me that day, work in Dundee in the morning, works function in the efty in Edinburgh, fitba at night.

Long day for me that day, work in Dundee in the morning, works function in the efty in Edinburgh, fitba at night.

I get back from Murcia about 2pm-3pm so a scramble for me tae.

No consideration for Inverness fans though , a decent noisy away support makes it so much more of a cup tie

Reactions: Boo
£20 and £10,happy wi that

Cracking prices. Friday beer tae :happy-1:

Decent prices for a Scottish QF, I'm in. And Friday night beers :beer-1-prv:

Added tae card, hopefully it will work this time :giggley:

Last edited:

Magic! Love Friday night games. ????

Don't like Friday night games but what the hell...as long as we win.
Hall of Fame night having to be put back a month as a consequence of this

commercial department onthe ball again?

commercial department onthe ball again?
Don’t think you can blame our commercial dept. for sfa moving a cup game to the Friday night

Don’t think you can blame our commercial dept. for sfa moving a cup game to the Friday night

I don't know if the coms were involved, but setting a date for an event for a date there was a chance of a football game being on doesn't strike me as being terribly competent. Of all the weeks that there was virtually certainly not going to be a Friday night game, that wasn't one of them.

The game wasn't "moved" to the Friday, it was one of 4 games that weekend that would be shown on television between Friday and Sunday. It wasn't exactly unforeseeable.

I don't know if the coms were involved, but setting a date for an event for a date there was a chance of a football game being on doesn't strike me as being terribly competent. Of all the weeks that there was virtually certainly not going to be a Friday night game, that wasn't one of them.

The game wasn't "moved" to the Friday, it was one of 4 games that weekend that would be shown on television between Friday and Sunday. It wasn't exactly unforeseeable.
That says ‘weekend of 29th’ so in my opinion they weren’t planning on playing a game on the 28th so can’t blame our commercial department for this one.

Attachments

• 949E6BBF-117C-4EA0-81CC-F587F4D78332.jpeg
    949E6BBF-117C-4EA0-81CC-F587F4D78332.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 12
That says ‘weekend of 29th’ so in my opinion they weren’t planning on playing a game on the 28th so can’t blame our commercial department for this one.

An event has been postponed at a fortnights notice, just as well it wasn’t a wedding, or people had made plans to come from abroad for the hall of fame event.

Friday night football isn’t a new phenomenon, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expected someone somewhere along the line to have said there might be an issue with the date.

There's been a Friday night game every round of the Scottish Cup this season, apart from the last round - but only because there was a full premiership card wednesday midweek. That's why Hearts and Falkirk ended up with the prime time Saturday slot.

I believe the event is sold out - you can’t tell from the website - which leaves an awful lot of people who have paid an awful lot of money having to change arrangements and I’d be extremely surprised if they were warned about this possibility at the time of booking. This isn’t a football match being moved for telly - and nothing I’m reading makes me think this is “okay” or “not our fault”. It’s simply not the professional standard of care I’d expect.

I don’t believe anyone would be so accepting if it was their function that had been postponed.

Last edited:

Agree

This thread has been viewed 3837 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back