EastMeetsWest

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
We could in theroy sign him anytime - but the deal won’t go through until the window reopens in January.
Gotcha thought you meant he would be at hibs earlier.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Sep 5, 2002
standing on the brink of history
I got the impression from Lennon that he wasn’t ever that confident of Scotty joining us. Although he acknowledged that he ‘fitted Hibs’ and had performed well when there, he had little confidence that the deal was ‘ever on’ due to a number of things – Celtic’s attitude being one. There was also mention of Emerson becoming available, which maybe reduced our willingness to bend over for Lawell.
He didn’t rule it out in future though. (Not thebending over bit, the first bit.)
My guess is that if Emerson continues to pick up his game and is available to play after January then that’ll be that from Hibs viewpoint.
I would expect Scott’s agent isn’t putting all his eggs in the Easter Road basket either.
much rather have Allan signed than Hyndman on loan..

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 26, 2007
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I think he'll be better suited to this squad of players than last year's. I think this is a team he'd do good work in. So long as he's still trying to prove a point.

FTJT

Registered
Jul 27, 2005
Manchester
I don't know if hyndman and allan are an either/or. Allan Mallan Hyndman +/- Slivka for two positions isn't overkill

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 26, 2007
I don't know if hyndman and allan are an either/or. Allan Mallan Hyndman +/- Slivka for two positions isn't overkill
If we extend, he'll be expected to continue playing.
Our formation will change with McLaren fit I'd hope, so it would be, Milligan, Bartley, Mallan, Hyndman, Allen, Slivka all competing for either 2 or 4 central spots. If it's 4, add Boyle, Horgan and Agyepong to the attacking midfield role potentially.

With the wide players we have, I'd expect it to be 2 places though. That, is a lot of players.

jock3

Registered
Monthly Radge
Nov 18, 2012
Edinburgh
wtf are Thellick playing at? They desperate SA doesn't play for us he'd do some damage

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Scotty is done at the Smellies.

He’s made a few quid so I hope he signs for his spiritual club now. Like it or lump it, the floppy haired maestro is a Hibs man. Andy Fucktitup is just going to find unother erotic dream boy.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
If we extend, he'll be expected to continue playing.
Our formation will change with McLaren fit I'd hope, so it would be, Milligan, Bartley, Mallan, Hyndman, Allen, Slivka all competing for either 2 or 4 central spots. If it's 4, add Boyle, Horgan and Agyepong to the attacking midfield role potentially.

With the wide players we have, I'd expect it to be 2 places though. That, is a lot of players.
I'll be surprised if Hyndman is still at Hibs beyond January. Hibs wanted him for the season but Bournemouth insisted only to January. I think Hyndman is a good player who is probably only now just getting to full match fitness. He needs to find consistency , but if we do manage to get his parent club to agree to extend his deal till the end of the season then I can't see Scott Allan arriving. We might sign Scott on a pre-contract but then we would be getting a player next summer who hasn't played a competitive game in a year.

Electric Beach Joe

Registered
Aug 19, 2018
edinburgh west
I'll be surprised if Hyndman is still at Hibs beyond January. Hibs wanted him for the season but Bournemouth insisted only to January. I think Hyndman is a good player who is probably only now just getting to full match fitness. He needs to find consistency, but if we do manage to get his parent club to agree to extend his deal till the end of the season then I can't see Scott Allan arriving. We might sign Scott on a pre-contract but then we would be getting a player next summer who hasn't played a competitive game in a year.
From what I've seen Allan is a better player than Hyndman. The yank is not bad but he is yet another non-tackling lightweight midfielder we have on our books. He is the sort of player that will get eaten alive by the gunts if he plays on Wednesday. Allan can control a midfield but you can't really say that about Emerson. If his departure makes way for Scottie's arrival I will be delighted.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Registered
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 12, 2008
The Capital
Hopefully Allan will be back in January as we need his creativity.

jock3

Registered
Monthly Radge
Nov 18, 2012
Edinburgh
I really want Scotty Allan back at Hibs but think it's optimistic. It seems insane that the boy week after week disnae even get a place on the bench, but I just can't see Thellick letting him play for us,

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
May 15, 2003
Suburbia
Watching that shambles on Wednesday I kept thinking if Allan was on the park....

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Jul 3, 2002
Glenrothes
I really want Scotty Allan back at Hibs but think it's optimistic. It seems insane that the boy week after week disnae even get a place on the bench, but I just can't see Thellick letting him play for us,
Nowt they can do about it eventually

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 26, 2007
And after watching another shambles today I kept thinking exactly the same.
Definitely in this camp today.
With one up top we need some drive from midfield. Bartley, Hyndman, Milligan, Slivka and Mallan all have their own positives and negatives, but none of them drive forward in a way that'll open up gaps for a lone striker or the wide men.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Jul 3, 2002
Glenrothes
Definitely in this camp today.
With one up top we need some drive from midfield. Bartley, Hyndman, Milligan, Slivka and Mallan all have their own positives and negatives, but none of them drive forward in a way that'll open up gaps for a lone striker or the wide men.
Our passing yesterday was woeful , how many passes were almost good ?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Registered
Sep 22, 2002
peterhead
Better hurry up and sign him before he's off on loan elsewhere
It seems to be his MO. A career on loan.