• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Ryan Porteous Earns Scotland Call-up!

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I hope he does well and keeps out the holiday trippers.

jetsam1

Radge McRadge of Radge End
Bounce Radge
Crocked in the first 5 mins then.

Never understood the point of international football.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Chuffed for him.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Well done Ryan:50::50:

vasco de gama

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge

I’m guessing you are younger than 50 then. The whole nation used to watch Scotland games back in the 1970s and early 80s.

International football has been largely ruined by the Champions League. Scotland being crap doesn’t help but I also partly blame the Champions League for that as well.

Norwayhibs

Norwegian Hibs Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Well done Ryan, well deserved :50:

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Great to see Ryan Porteous getting called-up to the full squad. Hope he gets some game time but even if he doesn't just to be involved with the full squad is a huge boost for him and the club, especially given what he has been through this year. Well done Ryan !

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce

It’s a sort of country versus country thing.

Pretty good when we won games.

Probably before your time.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’m guessing you are younger than 50 then. The whole nation used to watch Scotland games back in the 1970s and early 80s.

International football has been largely ruined by the Champions League. Scotland being crap doesn’t help but I also partly blame the Champions League for that as well.
Can you explain why Champion's leagues football takes the blame?

Hectorhib

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
International football, up to the 80s and 90s, used to be a chance to see the world's best, all playing for different countries.You only ever got to see them every four years, in the last sixteen of the World Cup, which was a footballing treat.All the best have been bought up by Europe's top clubs, and now they are all playing for four or five top clubs and we see too much of them.Where the World Cup used to be the glamour tournament, it's now been replaced by the CL and the big money it brings in

wrighty

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Still miss the Home internationals to be fair, dropping that tournament seemed to be the start of our International teams decline.

Scotland vs England on a Saturday afternoon, on BBC TV - The Streets empty, tumbleweed rolling around, Everybody! watching the match.

Guys saved up all year to head to Wembley if it was down south.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Still miss the Home internationals to be fair, dropping that tournament seemed to be the start of our International teams decline.

Scotland vs England on a Saturday afternoon, on BBC TV - The Streets empty, tumbleweed rolling around, Everybody! watching the match.

Guys saved up all year to head to Wembley if it was down south.
Wembley was always down south.Mind you never been.

jetsam1

Radge McRadge of Radge End
Bounce Radge
I am under 50 indeed.

And I never really managed to get into any international sport really. And I do think all the Sky etc money has ruined the game in many ways.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
While of course pleasing I find this call up at first glance just a little surprising as Ryan Porteous is far from the finished article and has only very limited first team experience.

I guess this is what happens when you have many years conditioning of Scotland managers afraid to take chances and gamble on young players rather than the old guard.

Its a brave call by Stevie Clarke and also a free hit as we really can't get much worse as a team and especially in the centre of defense.

One of the things I like about RP is the way he tries to learn from mistakes and move on quickly as he shows great maturity and it can only be of benefit to Hibs and his career to get international recognition so young.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
While of course pleasing I find this call up at first glance just a little surprising as Ryan Porteous is far from the finished article and has only very limited first team experience.

I guess this is what happens when you have many years conditioning of Scotland managers afraid to take chances and gamble on young players rather than the old guard.

Its a brave call by Stevie Clarke and also a free hit as we really can't get much worse as a team and especially in the centre of defense.

One of the things I like about RP is the way he tries to learn from mistakes and move on quickly as he shows great maturity and it can only be of benefit to Hibs and his career to get international recognition so young.
My God, you just about gave a few Hibbies a heart attack there!! Rod Petrie trying to learn from his mistakes and showing great maturity? Wow! You just about flooded your and @Sir Shrink's inboxes! (Or Bounce equivalent.)

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in