• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rule changes for the season

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score

Thought about putting this on GFC but I think more people will see it here and, of course, this directly affects Hibs.

First saw the sub rule changes at Carlisle where Stevie Mallan was subbed at the touchline on the far side of the park instead of the dug outs.

Going to take a while for these to bed in. There's still some folk dealing in offside old money ??

I read these last week, some interesting tweaks that will have the dafties going bonkers until they sink in.

• Haha
Reactions: SWH
This is good, though: "Players substituted off have to leave the field of play at the nearest point by the touchline/goal line unless the referee indicates otherwise. It is to stop timewasting."

I read these last week, some interesting tweaks that will have the dafties going bonkers until they sink in.

If EVER it sinks in.
There are still pundits frothing over the 'last man rule' which hasn't actually been changed, it just never actually existed!
Never ceases to amaze me that ex-professionals now commentating on the game they played apparently didn't actually understand the rules.

Im at the stage Im surprised if the EEN gets the date right. Whats happened to this once not bad paper?

some interesting changes though.

I think the drop ball change is a good one. Always frustrated me that a team attacking could lose good possession through a drop ball.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

I was hoping for a sin bin somewhere in the rule changes, but I suppose it's too radical for professional soccer players.
They've been trying this at grass roots level in England and apparently it's been working quite well.
It is 10 minutes in the bin. For dissent only.

If you get sent off do you need to leave by the nearest point?

This is good, though: "Players substituted off have to leave the field of play at the nearest point by the touchline/goal line unless the referee indicates otherwise. It is to stop timewasting."

St.Midden timewasters at there subs then.

Never went off shortest route? And never seen ref saying otherwise, then again he was useless.

Is it a bookable offence?

Some suggestions that Scottish games run at 10 minutes less actual playing time compared to English top league 55 mins to 65 mins.

St.Midden timewasters at there subs then.

Never went off shortest route? And never seen ref saying otherwise, then again he was useless.

Is it a bookable offence?
One didn't. The other 2 did

One didn't. The other 2 did
Is 1 no counted like? ?

I did actually think only 1

I was unaware there was one. Then someone went off at the East Stand-was it Horgan? I can see it causing problems; imagine if somebody like Morales comes off in front of our fans and he's got to walk along past them, or Porteous gets hauled off at Mordor? We want to stop coin throwing and such like,, this won't help.

I was unaware there was one. Then someone went off at the East Stand-was it Horgan? I can see it causing problems; imagine if somebody like Morales comes off in front of our fans and he's got to walk along past them, or Porteous gets hauled off at Mordor? We want to stop coin throwing and such like,, this won't help.
We could just not chuck things.

Yes but will it happen?

Yes but will it happen?
No sure but it stopped timewasting and speeded the game up when the St Mirren boy was subbed so in favour.

Yes but will it happen?
What will happen is this, the player being subbed will move to the centre circle. Then they can walk off whatever way they want. Sorted

There's a thread on all the new rule on GHC. Put it there to try and help people not miss it tucked away on a quieter board.

I'm sorry I didn't think to put it in GHC as I thought I was puting it in the right place as it was about football.I also didn't look in GHC first.

Changes to the rules for subs and goal kicks to try and stop time wasting. We still had 4 minutes added time at the end of the 2nd half?

Indeed. Not a fan of pandering to the behaviour of the lowest common denominator.

What will happen is this, the player being subbed will move to the centre circle. Then they can walk off whatever way they want. Sorted

Already seen this tactic being used in several games this season.

Players I believe can still be yellow or red carded before and after playing.

Its official changes needed...

Screenshot_20190804-160154_Chrome.jpg

Where is this OFFSIDE?

Its official changes needed...

View attachment 1195

Where is this OFFSIDE?

thats ridiculous , linesman has a perfect view too

Check this angle...
a558dfd726425d25f96888ab05ac98c5.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Check this angle...
a558dfd726425d25f96888ab05ac98c5.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Which also confirms it, and also that is wasn't Flo offside, perfectly good goal.

The changes around not being allowed to have attacking players in the wall is causing some bizarre set ups at free kicks. Last night you saw the defensive wall back the requisite length from the ball with an attacking wall standing one metre in front of it...absolutely bizarre.

This thread has been viewed 3753 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back