• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ron Gordon - Why Did You Bother To Buy Hibs?

If we're floundering mid table by Christmas I'll be amazed - I fully expect us to be firmly in a relegation battle by then.

Though I'd be delighted to be wrong.

We'll all be delighted if you're wrong.

But I'm not confident you will be.

STF always said he wanted to sell to someone who could take us to the next level. Welll is this the next level? Ron is going to have to pony up and splash the cash. (no not like Man City) But like your Aberdeen. The next level is challenging for 3rd/2nd.Why did he bother to buy hibs? Everyone can see our team isn't good enough. We didn't buy doidge when RG was here by the way. So we haven't splashed the cash on RG's part. Either he makes things happen or her can GTF with Hecky.

2 weeks later I'm still wondering. Not a peep.

It's like keep quiet and we will ride it out, crowds are down home and away I dont think next week will be a sell out either.
Dempster or someone should be vocal at this point.

It's like keep quiet and we will ride it out, crowds are down home and away I dont think next week will be a sell out either.
Dempster or someone should be vocal at this point.

I think that's exactly the tactic being employed.

I can see the point - anything that's said just now when we are all thoroughly pissed off/angry/dejected is going to be rounded upon and interpreted in various ways - probably none of which will match the intended message.

Unless swift action is taken - and for me that's getting in a couple (or more) talismatic signings (Leigh needs 'minutes' doesn't he?) or binning the management team, or maybe both, then the ill feeling from the terraces is going to grow and grow. The Gunts are equally despondent and next weekend is mega.

As @Bossie said somewhere - the derby is a sack race.

Pure genius that.

A wee theory of mine...with let me add absolutely no evidence to back it up.

I think the takeover talks, talks which let's not forget started nearly a year ago, have unsettled everything at the club on and off the park and made us lose focus. Look at the collapse of the marketing strategy, loss of sponsor and failure to get a new one, ticketing problems which never seem to be resolved, major problems with basic things like fans entering the stadium, the HSL shares fiasco, rumours of Dempster and Mathie leaving, the recruitment which seems to have faltered etc...I could go on. All of this has led to the most important thing at the club, the team, suffering and as a club we look at the moment like we are back to the train wreck early 2014 days. What a tragedy that so much good, progressive work over the last five years seems to be being chucked away. Standards have fallen big time both on and off the park from I and i'm sure most others can see.

In any organisation when there is an impending takeover looming it creates uncertainty and fear with people not sure of the future etc. I suspect this may have happened at Hibs. Most people within the club will have known about the talks taking place so will have been aware of things happening. Heckingbottom however said he only found out about the new owner the day before it was announced publically. That seems a very strange way to run any business. Why wasn't the manager kept up to date with things ?

For me , the sooner Mr Gordon comes out publically with his plans for Hibs we are going to continue stumbling along. The fans, and the employees of the club have a right to know as a matter of urgency what the future holds for them and the club.

Last edited:
Heckingbottom has said a lot of things that have turned out to be pish, in some cases in less than 24 hours.

I think the takeover talks, talks which let's not forget started nearly a year ago, have unsettled everything at the club on and off the park and made us lose focus. Look at the collapse of the marketing strategy, loss of sponsor and failure to get a new one, ticketing problems which never seem to be resolved, major problems with basic things like fans entering the stadium, the HSL shares fiasco, rumours of Dempster and Mathie leaving, the recruitment which seems to have faltered etc...I could go on. All of this has led to the most important thing at the club, the team, suffering and as a a club we look at the moment like we are back to the train wreck early 2014 days. What a tragedy that so much good, progressive work over the last five years seems to be being chucked away. Standards have fallen big time both on and off the park from I and i'm sure most others can see.

In any organisation when there is an impending takeover looming it creates uncertainty and fear with people not sure of the future etc. I suspect this may have happened at Hibs. Most people within the club will have known about the talks taking place so will have been aware of things happening. Heckingbottom however said he only found out about the new owner the day before it was announced publically. That seems a very strange way to run any business. Why wasn't the manager kept up to date with things ?

For me , the sooner Mr Gordon comes out publically with his plans for Hibs we are going to continue stumbling along. The fans, and the employees of the club have a right to know as a matter of urgency what the future holds for them and the club.

Excellent post. I'm concerned about possible collapse in commercial revenues. No shirt sponsorship (I don't at all buy the club spin put on this) and two weeks ago no match sponsorship had been secured for the visit of Celtc the end of this month. Unsold inventory all over the stadium. This all costs the club money.

Excellent post. I'm concerned about possible collapse in commercial revenues. No shirt sponsorship (I don't at all buy the club spin put on this) and two weeks ago no match sponsorship had been secured for the visit of Celtc the end of this month. Unsold inventory all over the stadium. This all costs the club money.

You think it's possible he's talking to American companies to fill those spaces and or Sponsorship for next season?

Maybe there’s a connection between the staff churn and the income stream?

I suppose we fans can make up the shortfall as usual.

You think it's possible he's talking to American companies to fill those spaces and or Sponsorship for next season?
Who knows

Maybe there’s a connection between the staff churn and the income stream?

I suppose we fans can make up the shortfall as usual.

Definitely. Been a high turnover of staff in that department.

I think the short sponsorship is pretty unremarkable regardless of the takeover. If there were no good offers, as has been stated outright, better to avoid a multi-year commitment. And there's plenty folk who'll be interested in a sponsor-free shirt - not so mwny that our cut of sales would make up the lost revenue, but it won't hurt if shirt sales are up when we're negotiating the next contract with either sponsors or kit manufacturers.

I think the takeover talks, talks which let's not forget started nearly a year ago, have unsettled everything at the club on and off the park and made us lose focus. Look at the collapse of the marketing strategy, loss of sponsor and failure to get a new one, ticketing problems which never seem to be resolved, major problems with basic things like fans entering the stadium, the HSL shares fiasco, rumours of Dempster and Mathie leaving, the recruitment which seems to have faltered etc...I could go on. All of this has led to the most important thing at the club, the team, suffering and as a club we look at the moment like we are back to the train wreck early 2014 days. What a tragedy that so much good, progressive work over the last five years seems to be being chucked away. Standards have fallen big time both on and off the park from I and i'm sure most others can see.

This wouldn't surprise me. Again going back to my own experience of working through a takeover the paranoia and tribalism that takes hold throughout the staff is scary and it does result in folk getting apathetic, angry and unfocused.

It took about a year and a half for everyone to calm down and get on with things the new way.

Hello Ron or should nickname you ‘mute’ ?
We are still patiently waiting for you to speak
And explain why you are here and what your
Plans are. You have a background being successful, your start here is peculiar and the initial excitement has disappeared and our club that your the custodian of is failing badly in every department.
Please show us you care and that you mean business

With Brexit and the possibility of lots of American products etc stocking our market, most likely.

Our future is becoming more hazardous as each “nothing happening “ day passes ?

I think they will want the new manager getting an ‘easier’ start? So heck in for killie and maybe Celtic and caretaker for Aberdeen?? Just a guess

To be fair, he popped a million blabs intae the Hibs. On record as saying we can do what we want with it. (the fact that dempster & co seem to have ringfenced this for Project Brave is not of wee Rons doing).

So he appears to have done somethings... he has wiped our dept. Were no paying Farmer a wad for the next few years, and hes given the club a million quid. With the cash for Super, and huge numbers of Season Ticket holders etc etc... we should be a lot fucking healthier than we are.

I still give our owner mair time. Dempster has less.... and the Slaver head coach has fuck all time.

This thread has been viewed 7532 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back