• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Rod and the SFA

mc_hibs

Bounce Radge
So it looks Rod is likely to get the top job at the SFA.
No one has challenged him so far, so on 12th June he could take control.
My worry here is that this next step up could well take his eye off the ball at Hibs. Many folks from the F@&£ Petrie campaign will be doing cartwheels.
I really hope that Sir Tom has a plan B for a steward of the club, as no matter how much I trust Leanne and think she’ll stay for a couple more years, I don’t think she’ll be here for the long run. Her stock is rising and the offers keep coming in.
Sir Tom has kept Hibs going without any real football interest via his ‘conduit’ and luckily we haven’t had a daft investor recently pushing the club to its limits.
All the more reason why Hibernian Supporters Ltd should really push ahead with getting fans to raise ownership to over the 50% mark. What I don’t understand is why HSL are so passive. At the start I joined, paid my £18.75 a month for a year, then stopped as I had my share. Why don’t they offer extra incentives to keep payments going? It’s selfish of me to stop but I’m sure I’m not the only one.
All looks rosey for now, but we do need to look forward and plan for the future.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
If Petrie becomes anything like in control of the SFA, then it strengthens my football departure from two years ago.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If as expected Rod Petrie becomes the new SFA President I'm assuming that means he relinquishes all ties with Hibs ? He is the second biggest individual shareholder at the club with something like 15% so his individual shareholding would have to be diluted I would have thought, possibly to HSL.
Might be wrong, but I just have a feeling we are going to see some considerable changes behind the scenes at the club over the summer.

James Stephen

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
So it looks Rod is likely to get the top job at the SFA.
No one has challenged him so far, so on 12th June he could take control.
My worry here is that this next step up could well take his eye off the ball at Hibs. Many folks from the F@&£ Petrie campaign will be doing cartwheels.
I really hope that Sir Tom has a plan B for a steward of the club, as no matter how much I trust Leanne and think she’ll stay for a couple more years, I don’t think she’ll be here for the long run. Her stock is rising and the offers keep coming in.
Sir Tom has kept Hibs going without any real football interest via his ‘conduit’ and luckily we haven’t had a daft investor recently pushing the club to its limits.
All the more reason why Hibernian Supporters Ltd should really push ahead with getting fans to raise ownership to over the 50% mark. What I don’t understand is why HSL are so passive. At the start I joined, paid my £18.75 a month for a year, then stopped as I had my share. Why don’t they offer extra incentives to keep payments going? It’s selfish of me to stop but I’m sure I’m not the only one.
All looks rosey for now, but we do need to look forward and plan for the future.
You ask why Hibs fans are so passive, but you've answered your own question when deciding to stop monthly contributions. Why did you stop? The answer to that will in all likelihood be the same reason many Hibs fans don't contribute.

James Stephen

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Petrie has done a very variable job at Hibs. But regardless of whether you see his role as being, on balance, positive or negative, surely nobody can deny that he has enough blemishes and question marks over him that he shouldn't he an unchallenged candidate for one of Scottish football's most powerful roles.

Highlights so much that is wrong with the SFA, an organisation that is failing in almost every way it can, and has been for a few decades.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
In many ways I think Scotland (football) is very like Hibs in our relegation year.

Maybe as the most powerful man in Scottish football he'll do the same as he did at Hibs.

Bring in a CEO that will, as their first job sack the manager then carry out a root and branch review of the organisation. No idea where he could find such a person :53:

I'm not holding my breath.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Personally think too much is made of who is at the top of the SFA and how the organisation is run. It was run exactly the same way in the 70's and 80's when we were producing world class players and qualifying regularly for major tournaments. If you don't have the players you don't have the players it's as simple as that.

lespenny

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Personally think too much is made of who is at the top of the SFA and how the organisation is run. It was run exactly the same way in the 70's and 80's when we were producing world class players and qualifying regularly for major tournaments. If you don't have the players you don't have the players it's as simple as that.
The problem is that when things started falling away the SFA didn't change anything. Other countries that had the same problems (including England) made changes, some worked some didn't, but they kept at it until the benefits came through. These changes may not make any of them the best but it has made them better. As a wise man (Einstein I think it was) once said "You can't keep on conducting the exact same experiment and expect a different result", or words to that effect. There ain't no magic wand (patent holder Warburton) but a start would be to analyse what other countries have done and cherry pick some ideas. It will be a long term strategy but the sooner started........

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
If as expected Rod Petrie becomes the new SFA President I'm assuming that means he relinquishes all ties with Hibs ? He is the second biggest individual shareholder at the club with something like 15% so his individual shareholding would have to be diluted I would have thought, possibly to HSL.
Might be wrong, but I just have a feeling we are going to see some considerable changes behind the scenes at the club over the summer.
I thought it was the other way about? You needed a 'club connection' to keep your SFA blazer?
I recall that idiot George Peat swapping his Airdrie tie for a Stenny one when Airdrie were going breast skywards just so he could continue to climb the greasy SFA pole.

This is the buffoon who appointed Harry Potter to boss the national side. An appointment just as ridiculous as the recent Judas one.

Boo

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
hi - do you have any idea who hold what % of the equity of the club - I be really interested . thanks

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
hi - do you have any idea who hold what % of the equity of the club - I be really interested . thanks
No idea of the exact details. Farmer clearly has the vast majority of them, and Rod Petrie is the second biggest individual shareholder, that's all I know. HSL currently has about 20%.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
There was a list kicking about not so long ago listing all shareholders and, ooo err, what their holding!

@Greenmachine I'm fairly certain that RP had 10% of the shareholding before HSL and the share issue stuff. When that came about his % shareholding would have halved meaning he still 'owns' around 5% of the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors