• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rocky No Renewing

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Seen thing on FB, apparently he’s no renewing his contract.

He's been a good goalie for Hibs. Wish him all the best if he doesn't stay

He has been at Hibs for four years.

I don't blame him for wanting to move on now.

He has been a superb goalkeeper for Hibs, best since Leighton IMO.

One of Neil Lennon's best signings for the club.

Seen thing on FB, apparently he’s no renewing his contract.

No sure is a fact, more an article in the evening news that came out today.

Good luck Rock, you have served us well for many seasons now and you deserve the chance of a massive wage increase.

Shame to see the wife go tbh 😢

We don't know that yet.

He has been as good a keeper as we could've asked for though.
Every time he dipped and lost his place he came back better and stayed there.

I thiught he would have left last year, covid probably ended that, shame he goes for free if he does leave.

Have a feeling he'll end up at Celtic

Yep I was actually surprised they didn’t sign him at the beginning of the season after failing to retain Forster. Still there’s always a chance he might stay...

Have a feeling he'll end up at Celtic

I always thought Lennon was going to take him, but now I've no idea what will happen over there.
I reckon they'll go for Fraser Forster again? And there will surely be a lot of spending, bigwig stepping down and being spanked to the league this year will need to be answered by whoever takes the seat?

I think I heard somewhere that he was looking to go play for one of the Tel Aviv's or Maccabi teams (I know technically one team is both of those names, but I can't remember who said or if I read it and keeping the options broad)
No idea of Israeli money for their top teams, but I see their name in Europe regularly

Thought this would happen as no way Macey at 26 was coming up here as just back up.

I’ve always thought he was good but not great. Sorry to seem him go though and not sure Macey is going to be good enough consistently albeit has looked solid enough in his few appearance.
I really liked Adam Bogdan and if he hadn’t got that injury in his first spell (against Elgin at ER) I think he would have pushed Rocky to be our number 1. I wonder if we could get him back for a third spell 🤔

Thought this would happen as no way Macey at 26 was coming up here as just back up.
Macy looks a good keeper from what little we've seen. If Rocky does go he has to be a top choice as a replacement.

Macy looks a good keeper from what little we've seen. If Rocky does go he has to be a top choice as a replacement.
Think he will be our keeper next season.

Rocky is as good a keeper Hibs are going to get for the money we can pay and the league we play in and it will be sad to see him go if that turns out to be the case.😥

Rocky, his agent, his wife and his wee kid all know that this is his last chance to make serious money out of football so you would expect him to sit and sit and sit throughout summer as the English, European and Israeli clubs all sort out their budgets and goalie options.

That doesn't put Hibs out of running but knocks us a bit down the queue.🤔

4/5 years is a long time to spend with one club but he has been a fine keeper and an excellent employee who really seems to respect the club and the supporters.✅.
There are a few lessons in contract management here that could be learned by other players who are barely in the 1st team or are just 6 months in the building and already angling hard publicly to get oot the door.😥

Last edited:
Not very often when we hear of someone signing a four year contract that we ever expect to see them at ER for four years. He has been good for us despite his early problems with crosses. Some people might prefer he had went after 2 years and we got money, but would we have been able to afford as good a keeper for what we got?

we've got five years of him playing alright at worst and brilliantly at best and how rare is it for that to be said of a hibs keeper?

He'll be looking for a payday and that's fair enough. He's been a good servant and he's never played silly buggers with his contract. Best of luck to him.

If Macey's being lined up for next season, I hope we get to see a bit more of him in action first. Coming from Arsenal I doubt he'll be on pennies so it'd be nice to try before we buy

Confirmed. He’s off.
No new contract.

Will be sad to see him go as he's been a good keeper for us. Will be difficult to replace.

I think most Hibs fans would have realised his departure this summer was going to be inevitable. He is 31 years old, a full internationalist, and has been at Hibs for five years. It's time for him to move on and get his last big contract.

As I said earlier, for me he has been a superb goalkeeper for Hibs, and IMO the best one we have had since Jim Leighton in the early 90's. He has his faults...so does every goalkeeper. We are never going to have a goalkeeper who does everything right all the time and never makes any mistakes. We done really well to get him in the first place and our former manager Neil Lennon deserves credit for bringing him to the club. Good luck to him in the future when he leaves. Just help us get into Europe before you go Rocky.

The question is now who will be our number 1 for next season and beyond. I have a feeling Matt Macey was brought to the club in January because they knew in their heart of hearts that Rocky was not going sign a new deal and would be moving on in the summer. He arrives with a good pedigree and he will have benefitted from having played a few games in January and having six months to get used to the squad, the goalkeeping coaches etc. I suppose it all comes down to whatever wages we can offer him and if they are acceptable.

They may have someone else in mind, and maybe they will think Dabrowski is now ready to make the step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't see us spending a significant transfer fee in the summer on a new goalkeeper. Might be wrong though..

Last edited:
They may have someone else in mind, and maybe they will think Dabrowski is now ready to make the step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't see us spending a significant transfer fee in the summer on a new goalkeeper. Might be wrong though..

Given the rave reviews he's had on loan I'd like to see Dabrowski integrated into the squad in a similar fashion to Doig i.e. as a genuine apprentice to an old hand with the view to eventually taking their place. If we could get a been there done it Scottish Prem goalie in, a Lewis between the sticks, that would be ideal.

I think most Hibs fans would have realised his departure this summer was going to be inevitable. He is 31 years old, a full internationalist, and has been at Hibs for five years. It's time for him to move on and get his last big contract.

As I said earlier, for me he has been a superb goalkeeper for Hibs, and IMO the best one we have had since Jim Leighton in the early 90's. He has his faults...so does every goalkeeper. We are never going to have a goalkeeper who does everything right all the time and never makes any mistakes. We done really well to get him in the first place and our former manager Neil Lennon deserves credit for bringing him to the club. Good luck to him in the future when he leaves. Just help us get into Europe before you go Rocky.

The question is now who will be our number 1 for next season and beyond. I have a feeling Matt Macey was brought to the club in January because they knew in their heart of hearts that Rocky was not going sign a new deal and would be moving on in the summer. He arrives with a good pedigree and he will have benefitted from having played a few games in January and having six months to get used to the squad, the goalkeeping coaches etc. I suppose it all comes down to whatever wages we can offer him and if they are acceptable.

They may have someone else in mind, and maybe they will think Dabrowski is now ready to make the step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't see us spending a significant transfer fee in the summer on a new goalkeeper. Might be wrong though
Read a lot of fans on here and dot.net saying he's best keeper since Leighton. Ironic really given both were/are what were described as "for the camera" shot-stoppers. Rocky is a competent keeper but given his age and record the SPL will likely be the pinnacle of his career. Hes played in Israel for the bulk of his time, out on loan for a season in the Belgiun league, then straight out again on loan to Hibs (before he signed with us) If he was as good as he and others think he would still be in Belgium. He is more likely to end up in Glasgow or lower leagues in England. Can't blame him looking for a move given potential life changing money away from Hibs but first pick at an EPL club? Leave it out. He may live to regret leaving the Hibees. Another who will be shuffled into the memory banks but I will immediately recall an overweight irishman, long after Rocky. Wish him and his family well nonetheless.
Shalom aleichem Ofir. 🇮🇱

PS Why Leighton? Goram was outstanding in a Hibs shirt.

Read a lot of fans on here and dot.net saying he's best keeper since Leighton. Ironic really given both were/are what were described as "for the camera" shot-stoppers. Rocky is a competent keeper but given his age and record the SPL will likely be the pinnacle of his career. Hes played in Israel for the bulk of his time, out on loan for a season in the Belgiun league, then straight out again on loan to Hibs (before he signed with us) If he was as good as he and others think he would still be in Belgium. He is more likely to end up in Glasgow or lower leagues in England. Can't blame him looking for a move given potential life changing money away from Hibs but first pick at an EPL club? Leave it out. He may live to regret leaving the Hibees. Another who will be shuffled into the memory banks but I will immediately recall an overweight irishman, long after Rocky. Wish him and his family well nonetheless.
Shalom aleichem Ofir. 🇮🇱

PS Why Leighton? Goram was outstanding in a Hibs shirt.
Leighton came after Goram.

He has been a very good keeper for us. Plenty wonder saves, probably my favourite was his double save against Sevco earlier this season.

Kicking, crosses, and ball-to-feet were an issue but you never get the full package with a keeper unless you’re talking the very elite - and even the best in the EPL don’t always tick all the boxes. Wish him all the best.

Read a lot of fans on here and dot.net saying he's best keeper since Leighton. Ironic really given both were/are what were described as "for the camera" shot-stoppers.
Probably about as far away from an accurate description of Jim Leighton as you can get.

Been an excellent keeper for Hibs

Good luck to him

One of our best keepers in a long time, will be missed massively, I also hear Mackey wants back to England which is a real kick in the stanes if true as good keepers are hard to come by.

One of our best keepers in a long time, will be missed massively, I also hear Mackey wants back to England which is a real kick in the stanes if true as good keepers are hard to come by.
Maybe be swayed by European football? We surely only need another 2-3 wins now to cement 3rd but you never know with Hibs. Can't see Aberdeen winning all 6 remaining games.

Plenty time to sort out the keeper situation.

Whoever it is will have a difficult task.

Im sure we will all miss Shelly.

Quality double save

Swung the game

Reactions: Zab
Maybe be swayed by European football? We surely only need another 2-3 wins now to cement 3rd but you never know with Hibs. Can't see Aberdeen winning all 6 remaining games.

Rocky has been honest and let Hibs know he won’t be signing a new deal, I am sure he will have offers he is a very good keeper, but to also lose Macey at the same time is a huge kick in the balls, I know the young Polish keeper is rated but me personally would have Macey as our No 1 and the Polish kid is the number 2 if he is ready 👍

Rocky has been honest and let Hibs know he won’t be signing a new deal, I am sure he will have offers he is a very good keeper, but to also lose Macey at the same time is a huge kick in the balls, I know the young Polish keeper is rated but me personally would have Macey as our No 1 and the Polish kid is the number 2 if he is ready 👍
We should have kept Bogdan. Kept Marciano out of the team on merit.

I think we brought him back as Marciano was expected to go? Doubt he'd come back again, probably felt a bit messed around. Would've been a decent keeper for us too.

I seen Marciano said in one interview, he knows what he's worth, I reckon he's has contracts put in front of him before and they'll all be more than we can pay.

Doesn't look as though he's never got off the bench for Ferencváros apart from a couple of cup games in the early rounds.

Transfermarkt doesn't show when his contract expires.

As it stands we have no first team goalkeepers contracted to the club beyond the end of this season... that’s a concern. Marciano is leaving, we need to make a decision on Macey & Dabrowski.

This thread has been viewed 3641 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back