RIP Steve Priest

moathibby

Bounce Radge
Sweet and a few other bands remind me of going to the ice rink,and pulling on these old skates that hurt like fuck.Then you got on the ice and you were less like Robin Cousins and more like Bambi.Trying to impress the girls,and yes it was girls back then,and going to the cafe and having a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer and a white coffee with two sugars.Happier times.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Sad news but not unexpected, he had suffered from bad health for years.
Used to love The Sweet when I was a lad. They were regulars on Top of the Pops and they had some great songs.
Steve was a real character on stage....camp as anything....but it was all just part of the image. He was totally straight. Only one left now from the classic line-up is Andy Scott.

RIP Steve.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Sad times, think they were still touring up until recently? Presume he was the only surviving member. My favourite track ??

Guitarist Andy Scott is now the sole surviving member of the classic 70's line-up.
In recent years there have been two versions of the band touring...Steve Priest (who had lived in LA for many years) had his own band, and Andy Scott likewise over here. It was the usual thing with copyright disputes and such.

Last edited:

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Guitarist Andy Scott is now the sole surviving member of the classic 70,s line-up.
In recent years there have been two version of the band touring...Steve Priest (who had lived in LA for many years) had his own band, and Andy Scott likewise over here. It was the usual thing with copyright disputes and such.
Must have been the Andy Scott incarnation of the band my Mum saw in Jedburgh a few years ago!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£40.00
This donation drive ends in

The Bounce is 19 Years Old