• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Rewind | Time For Heroes

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Didn't bother with the rewind thing today, but I have watched the game in full a couple of times since 21/5/16 and also my memories of the day. A few things;

1/ It was probably the best Scottish Cup Final I can remember. A tremendous game to watch for any neutral. Both teams gave it everything. Hibs deserved the win because overall I just thought we were the better team on the day. Most huns I have spoken to since have admitted as such. We looked fitter in the last 15 minutes and Stubbs substitutions definately helped give us the edge during that crucial period.

2/ Sir David picked up a bad knock just before that goal. At the time I thought he was going off, and apparently Hibs were set to substitute him. Thankfully they didn't.

3/ In injury time, I thought we had conceded a foul and I was raging at us for giving them a lifeline...then the referee gave us the foul and I knew that was it.

4/ Anthony Stokes was the main reason we won that game. Probably the best individual performance from a Hibs player in a cup final since Paddy Stanton's in 1972. He was like a man possessed and clearly on a mission to down the huns. Brilliant individual performance from a hugely talented striker we were fortunate to have.

5/ You always need breaks and some good fortune to beat any Old Firm team in a cup final at Hampden, and we had some no doubt about it. Getting the huns in the final instead of Smellies... was the main one. We had a much, much better chance of beating a team we were at least on a level with if not better, than we would have had against Smellies.... Stokes and Henderson would not have been able to play for a start. Also Stokesy's wee push on the hun defender for the equaliser was not seen by the ref.

Last edited:

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
The abuse Cliff Pike and co were getting from Huns behind them at post-FT was unbelievable (but also depressingly believable?) Hadn’t heard the Hibs TV coverage to this point before so was a bit of a shock! 😳

Anyway the good guys won, what a day, what a performance! 🇳🇬💚

tricky

Bounce Radge
The abuse Cliff Pike and co were getting from Huns behind them at post-FT was unbelievable (but also depressingly believable?) Hadn’t heard the Hibs TV coverage to this point before so was a bit of a shock! 😳

Anyway the good guys won, what a day, what a performance! 🇳🇬💚
Quite enjoyed hearing the raging Huns

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Watchin it on a laptop and the wife’s just telt me tae get off it or she’ll smash my face off the keyboard.
She can go and get fucdrrz@%£#-&=

Admin
Some observations after Thursday's re-run:

Stokes was unplayable, superb.

Cummings had a mare.

We murdered them first half.

They had the second half right up to about 15 to go, when we raised our game, there really was only going to be one winner after that.

Fraser Fyvie got better and better as the game went on.

Bringing on Liam Henderson was a masterstoke.

Keeping a clearly winded Sir David Gray on was a second masterstroke.

I still get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I watch the post match celebrations.

The Hibs fans sang football songs the whole game and after.

The Huns songbook lost two if their rare fitba songs that day, the Halliday and Warburton songs are now Hibs songs.

The Huns behind Cliff Pike were disgusting. The Huns really do ooze filth from their mouths the whole game, Scotland's Shame indeed.

The 21st of May, 2016 was the best day of my life, bar none. 💚

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Some observations after Thursday's re-run:

Stokes was unplayable, superb.

Cummings had a mare.

We murdered them first half.

They had the second half right up to about 15 to go, when we raised our game, there really was only going to be one winner after that.

Fraser Fyvie got better and better as the game went on.

Bringing on Liam Henderson was a masterstoke.

Keeping a clearly winded Sir David Gray on was a second masterstroke.

I still get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I watch the post match celebrations.

The Hibs fans sang football songs the whole game and after.

The Huns songbook lost two if their rare fitba songs that day, the Halliday and Warburton songs are now Hibs songs.

The Huns behind Cliff Pike were disgusting. The Huns really do ooze filth from their mouths the whole game, Scotland's Shame indeed.

The 21st of May, 2016 was the best day of my life, bar none. 💚
A close 6th behind the births of my bairns 😉

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Both my sons were with me on that glorious day, what could be better.
My oldest was with me, he was 35 years auld then and said if we dinnae win it this time , your goin tae the next final yer fuckinsel 😂 This was at full time, I think he’ll come tae the next yin😂

Attachments

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old