Reform Party Ltd: what it stands for | Frenchman's Cowshed | Page 4 | HibeesBounce
  • Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Reform Party Ltd: what it stands for

I doubt the followers of communism would give you these as being communist either, Cuba at a push.

I doubt the hierarchy of the other two care what you call them. They are dictatorships pure and simple.
"They are dictatorships" -- which is what communism IS. At least in practice, quite literally anywhere it's been implemented.

Furthermore, and to your first point, every communist I've ever encountered, to a man, finds it hard to grant any scenario that's actually ever existed as communism. Nor explain why or how their idea of it is meaningfully different.

As far as I've gleaned, in crude terms, nothing except the mythical state that will come into being following the dissolution of the dictatorship (there's that word again!) of the proletariat counts as actual communism. With a strong preference for the fully-automated luxury version.

Had a quick read through that. But times have moved on from a lot of the examples.

What I see in a lot of the examples is that the minority tail can then wag the dog.

There are a raft of laws protecting minorities now.

And what happens when the majority have decided what they want only to have it scuppered?

They then turn to others who will enact what they want.

Interesting that right back to the ancient world this has sometimes been framed basically as the plebs constraining the elite!

However it is clearly a problem, as is tyranny of the minority or minorities.
Tyranny of the minority perfectly describes the malign influence of the Scottish Green Party. Political influence out of all proportion to their actual share of the vote. And one of the downsides of PR. We can never get rid of moonhowlers like Harvie and Slater when PR guarantees list MSPs.

Tyranny of the minority perfectly describes the malign influence of the Scottish Green Party. Political influence out of all proportion to their actual share of the vote. And one of the downsides of PR. We can never get rid of moonhowlers like Harvie and Slater when PR guarantees list MSPs.
It's the SNP at fault, they had the ability to set the terms of the coalition or walk away. Greens were many things done good (free bus travel for young uns) some wacko (well rehearsed) but they never hoodwinked the SNP

Interesting that right back to the ancient world this has sometimes been framed basically as the plebs constraining the elite!

However it is clearly a problem, as is tyranny of the minority or minorities.
What do you mean by tyranny of the minority? FPTP? The US constitutional arrangements...?

What do you mean by tyranny of the minority?
FPTP? The US constitutional arrangements...?
Lots of disparate examples. For instance the influence exerted by the woke movement, or society operating to the benefit of a ruling class etc. In other parts of the world ethnic or tribal minorities have a grip on power.

As many variants as tyranny of the majority really.

Lots of disparate examples. For instance the influence exerted by the woke movement, or society operating to the benefit of a ruling class etc. In other parts of the world ethnic or tribal minorities have a grip on power.

As many variants as tyranny of the majority really.
So not necessarily just enshrined political power but power wielded through influence and coercion....in theory political institutions should act as a buffer against the power of interest groups. There's a lot could be done to improve things in that score in the UK and Scotland

So not necessarily just enshrined political power but power wielded through influence and coercion....in theory political institutions should act as a buffer against the power of interest groups. There's a lot could be done to improve things in that score in the UK and Scotland
Can be political or not. For example bolshevism is a poster boy example and of course that was exercised through a totalitarian state. The capture of politics by lobby groups is another example.

Political solutions are inherently authoritarian. I mean they are absolutely needed in places but should be last not first resort.

Can be political or not. For example bolshevism is a poster boy example and of course that was exercised through a totalitarian state. The capture of politics by lobby groups is another example.

Political solutions are inherently authoritarian. I mean they are absolutely needed in places but should be last not first resort.
So how do you correct for example on the tyranny of the lobby group without political/legal recourse?

So how do you correct for example on the tyranny of the lobby group without political/legal recourse?
Not have political solutions for them to lobby for!

Smart arsery aside (!) who knows. It's not just about money these days, with social media used to exert pressure

What am I reading on Xitter, Tice replaces Habib as Dep Leader already?

Unusual for very right wing parties to squabble even in the face of success?

Reform living up to its name? 🙂

What am I reading on Xitter, Tice replaces Habib as Dep Leader already?

Unusual for very right wing parties to squabble even in the face of success?

Reform living up to its name? 🙂
Shut rolls downhill as ever. Farage takes Tice job, he takes Habib's!

Tbf now they're actually in parliament it makes sense for MPs to hold the positions

Support The Bounce

Goal
£100.00
Earned
£48.75
Ends in......
0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds
  48.8%
Back