• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Referee "apologises" to Orcs for goal

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Hootsman seem to be regurgitating a claim from the bastion of truth so it's dubious as to the certainty with which it can be viewed. They're claiming McLean called Gerrard to apologise for not giving the foul in the lead up to the game.

The pressure being brought to bear by the biggest name in Scottish football is ever more clear. No wonder Freddo never gets penalised for the things other people would be.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
McLean give the wrong handshake pre match?
Not giving a penalty when the ball entered the Hibs box?
Or, is the Sun trying to steal the Daily records thunder?
Pathetic shite.

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If it's true, it's a total disgrace and further undermines the integrity, such as it is , of the game.If he feels the need to apologise, he'll also feel the need to do them a favour to make up for it

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Wait till VAR comes in...this sort of thing will be a weekly occurrence.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I don’t think it’s that uncommon for a referee to own up to a mistake which ‘cost’ a team.
I’ve no real issue with it, we all make mistakes and to take ownership isn’t a bad thing.
The difference here is that rather than a private conversation between ref and manager, as usually happens, Jabba chose to tell the world.
It’s part of his strategy to continue the myth that they are always the victims.

Never defeated. Always cheated.

They really are obnoxious.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I don’t think it’s that uncommon for a referee to own up to a mistake which ‘cost’ a team.
I’ve no real issue with it, we all make mistakes and to take ownership isn’t a bad thing.
The difference here is that rather than a private conversation between ref and manager, as usually happens, Jabba chose to tell the world.
It’s part of his strategy to continue the myth that they are always the victims.

Never defeated. Always cheated.

They really are obnoxious.
Can we, therefore, expect an apolgy from the same Ref for the penalty we didn't get? When McNulty put Horgan clean through in the 56th minute he should have scored, we know that, but when the ball rebounds out to McNulty, McGregor, contemptible to the end, trips Horgan, resulting in Horgan falling to the ground, as Horgan tries to get in position for a(nother) ball from McNulty. In the parlance of the "pundit", "not enough contact to put him down", but contact is contact. The same McGregor obviously has no awareness of irony, as seen by his histrionics when McNulty went for the ball late in the game and made slight "contact" with McGregor's midriff. His attempt to get McNulty booked was absolutely disgraceful, given what he did to Aberdeen's Lewis Ferguson, a dyed-in-the-wool New Gers fan.
But, opinions, eh?

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Can we, therefore, expect an apolgy from the same Ref for the penalty we didn't get? When McNulty put Horgan clean through in the 56th minute he should have scored, we know that, but when the ball rebounds out to McNulty, McGregor, contemptible to the end, trips Horgan, resulting in Horgan falling to the ground, as Horgan tries to get in position for a(nother) ball from McNulty. In the parlance of the "pundit", "not enough contact to put him down", but contact is contact. The same McGregor obviously has no awareness of irony, as seen by his histrionics when McNulty went for the ball late in the game and made slight "contact" with McGregor's midriff. His attempt to get McNulty booked was absolutely disgraceful, given what he did to Aberdeen's Lewis Ferguson, a dyed-in-the-wool New Gers fan.
But, opinions, eh?
Just watched highlights fae last nights game and he gets McGinn booked for fuckall. Widnae be surprised if they practice ‘gettin hurt’.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
But, opinions, eh?
I've obviously not made my point clear.

We've no idea whether we got an apology or not - because we keep private conversations confidential. Jabba makes sure that the private call was made public.
Referees make such 'private calls' quite often I'm told. It's just classless crayon wielders like Jabba who 'shop' the details as part of his campaign to ,make the The Huns the perennial victims.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
I do not get the bias referee shite. Never have done over 5 decades. Hibs, Hertz, Tims, Huns fans have got their jollies off with he was against us utter rubbish.
BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
I do not get the bias referee shite. Never have done over 5 decades. Hibs, Hertz, Tims, Huns fans have got their jollies off with he was against us utter rubbish.
BIG G
I appreciate there are more competent refs than others,however the day I accept aresoles like Sutton et al giving decisions, this way or that whilst, embarrassingly not having a basic cllue about the rule book the Refs play by .

BIG G 8

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I've obviously not made my point clear.

We've no idea whether we got an apology or not - because we keep private conversations confidential. Jabba makes sure that the private call was made public.
Referees make such 'private calls' quite often I'm told. It's just classless crayon wielders like Jabba who 'shop' the details as part of his campaign to ,make the The Huns the perennial victims.
I think you made your point very clear, as would be expected. That does not preclude others from commenting on, or expanding upon, your premise of the ref having a quiet word, even perhaps with the New Gers goalie, who undoubtedly "got away with one". I ended my post with "... opinions, eh?" as I have a long-standing low opinion of this particular player. Indeed, your own penultimate line, "Never defeated. Always cheated", applies particularly well to his egotistical nature. How he was ever allowed to play for Scotland again defies logic.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Quite so.

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
I love Stephen McLean. Ref for final did a grand job. Never gave a penalty tae the huns at ibrox before Stevenson goal.
And he's f##### them over again.
I'd be building a statue ootside the east for him. Who's in? :15:

Last edited:

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce

Canon Hannan

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You’re in Scotland now Paul and you need to pander to the Huns especially since they are being denied their rightful place don’t you know!

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Defo the Refs fault that the Huns can’t defend for Toffee...

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Good work by Hecky putting the pressure back again

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Never a season goes by and 'Scotland's Shame 2012', Celtc, Aberdeen and Gunts will issue statements throughout the season criticising referees mistakes and demanding apologies and that the particular referee is demoted or suspended or doesn't referee any more of their games and their pressure often works.

Sadly even when it pretty much cost a shout at promotion (Falkirk play off handball) Hibs never ever utter a word . Petrie couldn't rock the boat as he moved through the SFA ranks so its good to see our manager at least highlight the issue.

I am not hopeful but it will be interesting to see what happens next time we are on the wrong side of a shocker and whether PHB decides to make a stand with the Chief Executives full backing....depends on who we were playing but it wont be happening against Sevco that's for sure.

Last edited:

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel