• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Recruit.... Again

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Again it seems like we went with the cheap option. Seem to say this every season, but it’s becoming more and more obvious. Losing out on both McNulty and Omeonga was a blow, then losing out to the lad at Aberdeen. Don’t know how he’ll turn out mind you, but he was our first choice.

What I’ve seen so far, not one player Heckingbottom has signed has improved us one bit. We need quality, not bang average English lower league players. We are down about 900 season tickets from last year. That’s down to the quality on the park, simple as. Based on this guff, we’ll be down another 1000 or so. We need quality and badly!

Also who’s decision was it to give SDG and McGregor four year deals. I understand they are doing things behind the scenes, but the product on the park comes first, there’s not sentiment in football. I’d trade everyone of Heckingbottom’s signings for an Efe Ambrose right now.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Totally agree mate, the recruitment this season has been very poor with the exception of Scott Alan. I wouldn't trust Heck & Co with anymore budget as his first choice signings (his words) has made us look weaker with maybe the exception of Jackson.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Garry Parker told me that only one player who we signed in January was wanted by the then management team. They were recruited by the recruitment team that the then management team had no faith in.

Last edited:

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Garry Parker told me that only one player who we signed in January was wanted by the then management team. They were recruited by the recruitment team that that management team had no faith in.
Questions need to be asked of our recruitment team.

Canon Hannan

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Try to get Effe back and another striker even if they are just on loan is a priority. Can’t have just 3 strikers for the season ahead with one being Doidge and the other Shaw. That’s madness!

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Try to get Effe back and another striker even if they are just on loan is a priority. Can’t have just 3 strikers for the season ahead with one being Doidge and the other Shaw. That’s madness!
Sadly Efe won't be back and TBH we need another 4 better quality players, although do you trust our manager or recruitment team to get us them, I don't.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Garry Parker told me that only one player who we signed in January was wanted by the then management team. They were recruited by the recruitment team that the then management team had no faith in.
That’s worrying.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
More worrying if we have a well paid recruitment team but ignore them and hire pals of the manager.
I'd agree. Worrying though too if the management team feel those that the recruitment team are identifying are not good enough.

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Exactly as I said on an other thread.

George Mathie alongside George Craig?

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Anyone mind if this story....

Surely don’t pick up shite like Newell at this?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That pic sums things up!! Fecking leggings?? Its Scotland, it gets cauld, run about more if you are cauld, instead they wanna turf up to training at 10 and get away at about 2pm, and go in the gym or cycle on their bikes or play table tennis when its wet. If we were in the Table Tennis SPL we would be top!!!

Scrap this indoor pitch shit, is a Saturday game on Saturdays indoors on AstroTurf, is it fuck, spend the money on players that actually want to train in rain or sun or thunderstorms!

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That pic sums things up!! Fecking leggings?? Its scotland, it gets cauld, run about more if you are cauld, instead they wanna turf up to training at 10 and get away at about 2pm, and go in the gym or cycle on their bikes or play table tennis when its wet. If we were in the Table Tennis SPL we would be top!!!

Scrap this indoor pitch shit, is a saturday game on saturdays indoors on astroturf, is it fuck, spend the money on players that actually want to train in rain or sun or thunderstorms!
Exactly! All this state of the art pish hasn’t benefited one bit. All it’s done is produce a bunch of soft young laddies whom for the most part don’t cut it. It’s hardly rocket science. Put a good product on the park and the fans will show up. This lot remind me off the Fenlon, Calderwood and Butcher era.

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Exactly! All this state of the art pish hasn’t benefited one bit. All it’s done is produce a bunch of soft young laddies whom for the most part don’t cut it. It’s hardly rocket science. Put a good product on the park and the fans will show up. This lot remind me off the Fenlon, Calderwood and Butcher era.
I am all for state of the art to help with injuries and recovery but training etc nut, get doon the sand dunes or up arthurs seat in the pishing rain with the promise of win your game on a saturday and you get a days rest from it, pretty sure you would be trying like a bastard to win the game, instead it does not matter to them, they have their comfy gym and facilities to goto.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’ve re read the article twice.....best bit is the quote about recruitment being global. If that’s the case how come our new recruits have all come from somewhere just a few hours drive away.

Surely we can turn up well scouted talent abroad that won’t cost us a fortune if we don’t have a home grown player ready to step in.

EFL rejects are not what is required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Our recruitment team are utter pony. I’d scrap the whole system and do it old school. Get five scouts, don’t even have to be scouts, just ex players that actually know the game. These old pros can actually spot a player better than anyone. Get them all taking in championship games every week, then in the office comparing notes on the Monday. You’ll find the talent that way, not watching YouTube clips.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Unless Ron Gordon takes immediate action to sort this crises he can forget “best of the rest” , he’ll be looking at bottom six mediocrity at best .
LD has done a good job over the last few years but this is tempered with our current situation . PHB is a bust I’m afraid and should be emptied forthwith .
His signings have on the whole been hopeless , yet he insists on playing them along with non-Hibernian tactics 😡
If our C.E.O cant fix it she’ll have to go as well, before all the recent good work goes down the pan 😩

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel