• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Reality Check.

mentalhibbyjohn

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Time we all acknowledged Hibs are just not very good. If Aberdeen hadnt dropped 28 points since New Year they'd be miles ahead of the Hibees. Yes, I get the irony if Hibs hadn't dropped so many but what ever way you dress it up Aberdeen and Celtic have been abysmal and way below their best.

Despite this there seems to be a large element of our support who thinks we should celebrate if we finish third but my God we flatter to deceive.

Years ago Alex Miller told the fans "if we stay at ER we will have to sell our best young players for years to come". The fans didn't want to move so we had to use the funds raised by selling to rebuild the ground and ultimately adding a training centre. A fact ironically held against Rod Petrie despite Alex' warning us all. Fickle fans eh 🙄

Decades later we have everything in place but we are still floundering around struggling to beat teams the size of St J, County and Livi. That's inexcusable given the investment in the clubs infrastructure.

It's simply beggers belief there are fans who still shrug their shoulders after results like today and don't question why we are not showing the benifit of all that investment. We must have more ancillary staff than St Johnstone have players in their squad! 🤨

As a footnote: did you watch last night's "view from the terrace"? It had a piece on Hamiltons win against Hibs in the 2014 play-off final. Full of their fans recollection of the day. The tears, the joy......

One quote was missing and it came on the day from their manager Alex Neil. While being interviewed he was obviously elated. He lifted his arm and gestured round the stands saying "Hibs have all this!"

He was right. Yet we were relegated and a club with 2000 fans, a plastic pitch and two stands, took our place.

There are no excuses now. No excuses whatsoever and I include covid given all the clubs are in the same predicament.

Imagine having a large element of our support who'd celebrate finishing 3rd for the first time in 16 years. Crazy fools.

So what’s your solution Mental?

Time we all acknowledged Hibs are just not very good. If Aberdeen hadnt dropped 28 points since New Year they'd be miles ahead of the Hibees. Yes, I get the irony if Hibs hadn't dropped so many but what ever way you dress it up Aberdeen and Celtic have been abysmal and way below their best.

Despite this there seems to be a large element of our support who thinks we should celebrate if we finish third but my God we flatter to deceive.

Years ago Alex Miller told the fans "if we stay at ER we will have to sell our best young players for years to come". The fans didn't want to move so we had to use the funds raised by selling to rebuild the ground and ultimately adding a training centre. A fact ironically held against Rod Petrie despite Alex' warning us all. Fickle fans eh 🙄

Decades later we have everything in place but we are still floundering around struggling to beat teams the size of St J, County and Livi. That's inexcusable given the investment in the clubs infrastructure.

It's simply beggers belief there are fans who still shrug their shoulders after results like today and don't question why we are not showing the benifit of all that investment. We must have more ancillary staff than St Johnstone have players in their squad! 🤨

As a footnote: did you watch last night's "view from the terrace"? It had a piece on Hamiltons win against Hibs in the 2014 play-off final. Full of their fans recollection of the day. The tears, the joy....

One quote was missing and it came on the day from their manager Alex Neil. While being interviewed he was obviously elated. He lifted his arm and gestured round the stands saying "Hibs have all this!"

He was right. Yet we were relegated and a club with 2000 fans, a plastic pitch and two stands, took our place.

There are no excuses now. No excuses whatsoever and I include covid given all the clubs are in the same predicament.
Good post as a club in general we very rarely punch above .
The football this year is one of the worst I have seen from a Hibs team.

As a footnote: did you watch last night's "view from the terrace"? It had a piece on Hamiltons win against Hibs in the 2014 play-off final. Full of their fans recollection of the day. The tears, the joy....

Great post

Good post as a club in general we very rarely punch above .
The football this year is one of the worst I have seen from a Hibs team.
I agree

Brilliant post and just makes you wonder

Makes me wonder where all these posters are when we win.

Makes me wonder where all these posters are when we win.
What a pathetic reply

The solution is simple or so you'd think..

When a team gets relegated it is because they are crap.. Nothing else to describe them , the league table never lies.. The dross that gets you relegated is then bit by bit cleared out , or so you'd think.. Not at Hibs though where we keep them on , give them testimonials and even further down the line hatch a plan to put them on the coaching staff.. The stench of failure is there for everyone to see and the rot of mediocrity is totally ingrained within in the club.. While the club is handing out contracts to players based purely on sentiment then we will never move forward....

Present day , we have a captain who was handed a 4 year deal despite having one of the worst injury records in modern time. Our present captain has to be one of the worst leaders I have seen.. Going into semi finals against Hearts quoting that ' its just another game ' is unforgivable. One of the worst things you can say to describe a game of this magnitude.. We lose the first goal in games and subsequently we fold and inevitably end up losing. A bunch of players who are not willing to take responsibility and attempt to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and have some positive influence.. Our captain has no leadership skills , I cannot remember at any point seeing him give someone a roasting or attempt to motivate the team during a match...

Guys like hanlon , gray , stevenson and mcgregor all have to be cleared out I am afraid.. All four of them played their part in seeing us struggle for three seasons in a pub league struggling against dross like QOTS , Alloa and Dumbarton to name a few... I know they helped win us the scottish cup but those days are past now , sentiment should not come into it.

The clubs fans then are accused by the daily record of assaulting all 11 rangers players and instead of making a fuss and banning the paper for its lies , they then proceed to give them a tour of the training facilities..

Also, in The Sun , a Hibs supporting journalist , Kenny Millar for those who don't his name prints exactly the story with the the same accusations and the club then give him a job at the club because his brother works there.. Talk about being soft as shit , how he got past the interview stage after that story is simply laughable..

People at the top of HIbs need to grow a set and stop being such a bunch of pushovers or we will always be soft.. Hopefully under \Ron Gordon this will change but I am not holding my breath......

Fuck me, I hope we dinnae end up in the bottom 6, there will be nae room under the Dean Bridge.

Got a link or text of the Kenny Millar article you mentioned @Pistol1981 ?

Fuck me, I hope we dinnae end up in the bottom 6, there will be nae room under the Dean Bridge.
That is the reality of it.....

That is the reality of it.....
:drop:

There is the headline

Attachments

• 6778C48C-AA1D-4E3D-9B0F-CF50575466E5.png
    6778C48C-AA1D-4E3D-9B0F-CF50575466E5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
On another note I see Colin Millar has left Hibs

Imagine having a large element of our support who'd celebrate finishing 3rd for the first time in 16 years. Crazy fools.

Is third guaranteed?

On another note I see Colin Millar has left Hibs
Saw that during the week. Was never sure what his job was?

Is third guaranteed?
No, did someone say it was?

No, did someone say it was?

Your original post would suggest you did, unless it was a tongue and cheek kind of post.

Your original post would suggest you did, unless it was a tongue and cheek kind of post.
Ir was a reply to a post criticising supporters who would celebrate if we finished third.

Changed role couple of times I think don’t really know what last one was, I found him to be a decent guy on few occasions met him

Was supporter liaison officer not (nominally) one of his roles?

Ir was a reply to a post criticising supporters who would celebrate if we finished third.

Fair enough, sorry I thought you were meaning something else 👍

Do you think we will finish 3rd?

Fair enough, sorry I thought you were meaning something else 👍

Do you think we will finish 3rd?
Not if we don't get the fecking finger out sharpish. We're relying on Aberdeen being shiter than us at the moment which doesn't inspire confidence.

Was supporter liaison officer not (nominally) one of his roles?

think he was named in that role but Hibs don’t seem to have done anything with the SLO position really

think he was named in that role but Hibs don’t seem to have done anything with the SLO position really
Indeed, it seems KP is doing a lot of what should be in that role.

Not if we don't get the fecking finger out sharpish. We're relying on Aberdeen being shiter than us at the moment which doesn't inspire confidence.

Ross doesn’t give me any real confidence either right now.

The fact is this isn't a normal season. Every team outwith huns and maybe Livi latterly has underperformed. Plenty of us supporters are struggling with lockdown, players are human too. To be honest I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a good game of fitba in any league.

Can't say I'm enjoying what I'm watching or particularly see strong signs of improvement but as is often said football is a results business. IF we get third that'll be job done from a results perspective. Sign a player or two who can actually score goals in the summer and I think we'll have a really strong squad. If we still don't have clear signs of progress by September / October then I'll start worrying. For the time being my knickers will remain dry.

A Hibernian Nursery Rhyme

Oh the Grand Old Team to play for
It had ten thousand fans
It raised them up to have great dreams
Then it smashed them down again
And when they were good they were braw
And when they were bad they were shite
And when they were neither good nor bad
Wait that never happened

Fuckin hell.
Bring back GrumpyJoe and CarlukeHibby.
These guys were rays of sunshine compared to some newbies on here.
Has the Samaritans site closed down?

Fuckin hell.
Bring back GrumpyJoe and CarlukeHibby.
These guys were rays of sunshine compared to some newbies on here.
Has the Samaritans site closed down?
It’s getting like the Hibs Facebook sites. There’s some right teapots on there.

We can’t rely on Aberdeen to continue to be shite BUT they’re doing a fantastic job. Fans raging and I read they’ve not scored from open play for over 10 hours.

We simply have to pick up a win in at least one of the next two games and we’re then in seriously good shape with 5 games left.

It’s too late now to hope for any decent free flowing fitba. Just battle like fuk and scrape a result or two by whatever means. If Murphy, Boyle or Nisbet want to show a flash or two of class then all the better. Allan won’t be getting the chance it seems for even a 15 min cameo to rescue a point 😢

Great post m8.

Stadium announcer Barrie Wilkins says it best .

Hibs. Our club, our team, the people, the sacrifice the passion the history. It’s what makes us who we are, it makes our club what it is is, if you don’t get it now you never will. It’s not about anyone else. It’s about Hibs. Your hibs. Or you’re not.

So what’s your solution Mental?
That's it in a nutshell.
Even though it requires a question mark after 'solution' .

There is the headline
Journos dont write headlines, which in any case are just bait and often bear no resemblance to content.
Any chance of reading the article?
I‘m disappointed if he made up lies about Hibs fans.
He‘s a massive Hibs fan and was on the testimonial committee of Lewis and Paul.

Thay may bring him even more criticism.

Journos dont write headlines, which in any case are just bait and often bear no resemblance to content.
Any chance of reading the article?
I‘m disappointed if he made up lies about Hibs fans.
He‘s a massive Hibs fan and was on the testimonial committee of Lewis and Paul.

Thay may bring him even more criticism.
The headline is actually bang on. It’s the 2nd and 3rd sub-headings that suck. Although perhaps the article was detailed how the Hibs fans ran on the pitch in ‘an understandable outpouring of joy’ while Hun yobs had spoiled things by coming on looking for a fight, and that the 3 huns that had to ‘see the doc’ were seeking treatment fo bruised egos?

I haven’t read a daily record article for about 30 years

This thread has been viewed 4665 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50