• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Questions to the Board

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I will certainly ask that question for you. I vaguely remember when they came in and believe they were watched but I don’t want to give you false information so will get that confirmed.

Do you feel that’s the market we should be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we should have six scouts watching every game in the championship. Just need to look at Livingston right now. There's a couple of good players in that team right now that would improve us. Much rather us try to unearth the next John McGinn than gambling on foreign players and loan deals.

traceyhibs

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think we should have six scouts watching every game in the championship. Just need to look at Livingston right now. There's a couple of good players in that team right now that would improve us. Much rather us try to unearth the next John McGinn than gambling on foreign players and loan deals.
Fair point. Thanks for that

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Thanks everyone.

Just adding the last few questions and will submit with our report for Tuesday’s board meeting.

Thanks again for all your input.

Tracey

Thanks Tracey, it will be great to see any feedback you can bring on these questions. On that point, if there are some that you and your colleagues are unable to answer for whatever reason I'd personally much rather hear "we can't answer that one as it's commercially sensitive and may impact on x" than a bland fudge type response. I do appreciate that we can't necessarily know everything about the internal workings of the club for commercial / competition / legal reasons or whatever but I do find it frustrating when concerns seem to be ignored rather than confronted honestly with a "we can't tell you and here's why".

Loyalty points is a good example of that (and by the way I think I'm in a minority of one on here in understanding, if not necessarily wholly agreeing, with Leeann's position on that). A clear statement that said we've scrapped loyalty points because we reckon that's the best way to maximise income from season ticket sales would be preferable to repeatedly saying she's already answered that question when no one is actually sure what the original answer was!

Those are just my personal thoughts so I don't know if they're representative of everyone on here but I do get the feeling that everyone would like to see more openness and honesty.

Thanks again for taking these forward.

traceyhibs

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Thanks Tracey, it will be great to see any feedback you can bring on these questions. On that point, if there are some that you and your colleagues are unable to answer for whatever reason I'd personally much rather hear "we can't answer that one as it's commercially sensitive and may impact on x" than a bland fudge type response. I do appreciate that we can't necessarily know everything about the internal workings of the club for commercial / competition / legal reasons or whatever but I do find it frustrating when concerns seem to be ignored rather than confronted honestly with a "we can't tell you and here's why".

Loyalty points is a good example of that (and by the way I think I'm in a minority of one on here in understanding, if not necessarily wholly agreeing, with Leeann's position on that). A clear statement that said we've scrapped loyalty points because we reckon that's the best way to maximise income from season ticket sales would be preferable to repeatedly saying she's already answered that question when no one is actually sure what the original answer was!

Those are just my personal thoughts so I don't know if they're representative of everyone on here but I do get the feeling that everyone would like to see more openness and honesty.

Thanks again for taking these forward.
Thank you for putting this up. Any that can’t be answered will ensure there’s a reason as to why it can’t be.

Thanks again.

Enjoy the game tonight

Tracey

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Thank you for putting this up. Any that can’t be answered will ensure there’s a reason as to why it can’t be.

Thanks again.

Enjoy the game tonight

Tracey

Can I ask a couple? Not major things.

1 - is there any plans to give Easter Road a “face-lift”? The sound system is particular very poor (not that I want money wasted like at Celtic Park)

2 - what’s the plans for the catering? The current offering is very poor. Also things like merchandise could be sold in the concourse, and we should be able to pay with card!

3 - is there likely to be more/improved content from the media team? The little videos recently have been good, but more stuff like what Tom Zanelli used to do would be good.

traceyhibs

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Can I ask a couple? Not major things.

1 - is there any plans to give Easter Road a “face-lift”? The sound system is particular very poor (not that I want money wasted like at Celtic Park)

2 - what’s the plans for the catering? The current offering is very poor. Also things like merchandise could be sold in the concourse, and we should be able to pay with card!

3 - is there likely to be more/improved content from the media team? The little videos recently have been good, but more stuff like what Tom Zanelli used to do would be good.
You’re lucky was just about to send. Have added these in. Thanks

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I think if you met George and Graeme you'd probably have a better understanding of what they do - if you look at any clubs recruitment I think you'd be surprised and ours has been good for the last five years - not everyone is going to be a success and we've certainly moved away from the horror signings like Michael Hart who was spectacularly poor value for money.

Edit: My feeling is that they are understanding of the constraints the club works with - and are always pushing to get the marginal gains over their rivals.

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
You’re lucky was just about to send. Have added these in. Thanks

I have a question @traceyhibs - probably one you can answer without going through the board discussion -

Do we have a business plan and/or five plan?

I'm not particularly fussed for what's in it, I just wonder if we have a culture commercially of plan/do/review because I feel that it does exist on the playing side.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
I have a question @traceyhibs - probably one you can answer without going through the board discussion -

Do we have a business plan and/or five plan?

I'm not particularly fussed for what's in it, I just wonder if we have a culture commercially of plan/do/review because I feel that it does exist on the playing side.
I wish someone would breach the delicate subject of what happens to Hibs when STF dies....

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I wish someone would breach the delicate subject of what happens to Hibs when STF dies....
M, it doesn't need to be delicate - it simply needs framed as:

STF or HHC have owned Hibs for 28 years. At some point this ownership will change. Is there a succession strategy, and if so, what is it?

I'm virtually certain there is, and I suppose there may be good reasons why its not shared.

stairways_second_coming

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I will certainly ask that question for you. I vaguely remember when they came in and believe they were watched but I don’t want to give you false information so will get that confirmed.

Do you feel that’s the market we should be looking at?

Replying to every radge isn't sustainable. We should have a process to like ask hibs on all platforms, setting the fans reps up for abuse if you have to answer every nutter

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Did we have players like Nelom and Mavrias watched before bringing them over. I don't know what our scouting system is like, but rarely do we tap in to the Scottish championship for players.
were they not Lennon signings through one of his agent contacts ?

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
No idea if that's true or not. Sounds a bit shady if true. Sign up two players and then not give either a chance.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
No idea if that's true or not. Sounds a bit shady if true. Sign up two players and then not give either a chance.
Both were signed out with the transfer window to provide cover (or make up the numbers, depending on how you want to phrase it) during a mid season injury problem.

Neither were probably on the radar as long term options, but were reactive signings.

My criticism of the football department & coaching team would be so much why those two individuals in particular were signed, but why didn’t we already have adequate cover in the first place.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Both were signed out with the transfer window to provide cover (or make up the numbers, depending on how you want to phrase it) during a mid season injury problem.

Neither were probably on the radar as long term options, but were reactive signings.

My criticism of the football department & coaching team would be so much why those two individuals in particular were signed, but why didn’t we already have adequate cover in the first place.
Those two players weren't needed. We had young Mackie available, and Whittaker and Boyle could both cover the RB position. I seriously think our recruitment is dreadful. We give guys like Rherras and big Dave money for what? Every season we spunk money on players that maybe play a few hours a season max. Also the last window. Surely we should be buying players to improve the squad? The two midfielders if good enough, should be starting. McNulty has come straight in.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd empty both George and Graham tomorrow if it was up to me. I just simply think they miss the mark far too often. I'd scrap this whole digging foreigners out on YouTube, and employ scouts to take in games from the lower divisions.
There is nothing wrong with Hibs scouting system. Believe me, we have some of the best scouts in the country working for us and they take in lots of matches from all over the country and abroad.

Last edited:

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
They would have likely been recommended to the club by various people. They were signed as experienced cover and as they were free agents it made sense to bring them in for that purpose. Thankfully we have not really needed either although I think Nelom will get some game time between now and the end of the season. Mavrias was another injury crock and was allowed to leave months ago.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
It's an annoying by product of fixed transfer windows that you need to sign a bunch of players who are essentially insurance policies and may never actually appear on the pitch.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Those two players weren't needed. We had young Mackie available, and Whittaker and Boyle could both cover the RB position. I seriously think our recruitment is dreadful. We give guys like Rherras and big Dave money for what? Every season we spunk money on players that maybe play a few hours a season max. Also the last window. Surely we should be buying players to improve the squad? The two midfielders if good enough, should be starting. McNulty has come straight in.
Say we have two players for every position plus a development team. Only 11 can play at any given time. You need this many because of the potential of injuries and other factors. Unfortunately if you don’t need them they play little. Rherras was cover for a particular injury but thankfully wasn’t needed but the risk of no cover at right back meant he was the best option at the point.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Boyle right back?! Not sure about that..

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel