Q magazine to close for good.

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
I bought it regularly in the 90s along with Melody Maker and NME, so it is sad to see all three dead but I'd be lying if I said I remembered the last time I bought one (it was an issue that had big retrospective on The Cure that took up almost the entire mag).

The likes of Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound and The Quietus do the same thing better on the internet for free and have done for quite some time.

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
It's not for free, though. It's at the cost of magazines like Q.
I don't necessarily agree with that. They are competition to Q, only not in print. They still employ journalists and make their money through ads just like the magazine's they replaced.

What was once niche in the world of music journalism is now popular and vice versa.

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Used to love this magazine and was a subscriber for a while. Did lots of features on my favourite band R.E.M. and the "cash for questions" section was often really funny. Mainly bought it for the reviews though and they gave out 5 star reviews so sparingly that you knew the album would be something special and you had to own it (Be Here Now was an obvious exception). They also had some quite well known editors over the years.

Can't say I bought it much recently except maybe at the airport, will still be missed though, need to find a new source for reliable music reviews :cryy:

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of Ā£100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£40.00
This donation drive ends in

The Bounce is 19 Years Old