• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Public Toilets

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
As someone who is suffering from incontinance problems I am getting really fed up with the lack of public toilets in Edinburgh now.The toilets have been closed down,the ones that are open are boggin',and I'm suffering because of it.Quite often I have been caught short,and have had to skuttle off up an allyway or behind a bush,or the alternative is I've got to head to a pub or restuarant where I'm obliged to buy something.It must be worse for people who are wheelchair bound or have mobility problems.This is one council cut that shouldn't happen.

It's a link Moaty.
Click on it when you get back from the bog.

As someone who is suffering from incontinance problems I am getting really fed up with the lack of public toilets in Edinburgh now.The toilets have been closed down,the ones that are open are boggin',and I'm suffering because of it.Quite often I have been caught short,and have had to skuttle off up an allyway or behind a bush,or the alternative is I've got to head to a pub or restuarant where I'm obliged to buy something.It must be worse for people who are wheelchair bound or have mobility problems.This is one council cut that shouldn't happen.
I put a couple of quid on the footie during the season .
But rarely go into a bookie’s shop .
A pal of mine pointed out to me that if you’re caught short , a bookie’s is yer answer .
I’d put a couple of quid on saying he’s right .

But why the hell am I having to go into Bookies, Pubs and Restuarants.There should be adequate public facilities throughout the city, they should be welcoming, clean and free.If me and the rest of the populce who need to use the facilities walked into the city chambers and pissed up the paintings the councilors would take notice.

Im sure I once read some councils abroad subsidise cafes/other places to open toilets to the public to save council money. Something we should look at perhaps?

I've no exactly got the strongest bladder myself and regularly get caught short when I am out. Bookies shops are definitely the best for getting access to a bog in an emergency, but I agree public toilets are a basic human necessity and should not be closed in Edinburgh or anywhere else for that matter. However closing things that the citizens of this city actually need seems to be the order of the day with this council

On a similar subject, I used to know a toilet attendant. He used to tell me got paid his wages time in loo. Must have been an inconvenience for him.

Im sure I once read some councils abroad subsidise cafes/other places to open toilets to the public to save council money. Something we should look at perhaps?

Some do this here too, get paid a few hundred quid to do so.

Just take a piss or shite in a phone box..... Oh wait a minute, they are even harder to come across :doh1:

Just take a piss or shite in a phone box..... Oh wait a minute, they are even harder to come across :doh1:

True enough.
Phone boxes used to be every few streets apart - now you hardly find one - I don't know how many are still in use?
The rise of the mobile phone has replaced them virtually everywhere.
But if you take a shit on your mobile it doesn't do it much good.

True enough.
Phone boxes used to be every few streets apart - now you hardly find one - I don't know how many are still in use?

3,840 roughly.

I'm not sure how many of those are suitable for non phoning activities.

That map must be an old one, quite a lot of those toilets are no longer there.

But why the hell am I having to go into Bookies, Pubs and Restuarants.There should be adequate public facilities throughout the city, they should be welcoming, clean and free.If me and the rest of the populce who need to use the facilities walked into the city chambers and pissed up the paintings the councilors would take notice.
There should be, but it comes down to money. There's plenty of things that should be provided by the council for the population, but they all cost money, and on the whole, folk are not prepared to pay more tax to allow for services to be offered.

hopefully the new tourist tax will see changes...

Today was a typical one,got the 25 from Sleigh Drive to Princes St-fine. Am waiting on a 14 on North bridge,thinking will i wait for 9 minutes for bus?,no wait I could really go for a pee.Walk up to the Tron,Tron public toilet is shut,so head down the Royal Mile and go down a close.Go in the close, then turn round and two tourists pass me and give me a look.Not great.

Today was a typical one,got the 25 from Sleigh Drive to Princes St-fine. Am waiting on a 14 on North bridge,thinking will i wait for 9 minutes for bus?,no wait I could really go for a pee.Walk up to the Tron,Tron public toilet is shut,so head down the Royal Mile and go down a close.Go in the close, then turn round and two tourists pass me and give me a look.Not great.

Be quicker just walking hame and taking a piss there :102:

:popcorn3::rolleyes::cheeky-smiley-031::cheeky-smiley-031: Livin each step wi ye moaty boy

No real excuse for taking a pish down a close during the day. Just wander into a pub or a bookies ffs.

Some toilets are being closed down because gay men are gathering there and performing sexual acts on each other. The toilets on the mound were closed for this reason.
I’m someone who has to use them and I find it disgusting that I have to witness that sort of thing. I’ve nothing against gay men, but I don’t want to witness them in action or have look at jizz in the urinal when I’m having a piss.

Be quicker just walking hame and taking a piss there :102:
Walking to Moat Hoose?I dinnae 'hink so!

No real excuse for taking a pish down a close during the day. Just wander into a pub or a bookies ffs.
Go into pub and you have to buy something and I think the nearest bookies is well into Nicholson St,by that time I've wet myself.

Moaty.....just saying.... didn't you mention that you had a Lidl wetsuit that ye hadnae used.....

Go into pub and you have to buy something and I think the nearest bookies is well into Nicholson St,by that time I've wet myself.

You don’t have to buy something. I’m sure the publication would prefer you to, but it’s not a law.

I bet you would

Thought there was a bookies beside the Mitre etc in royal mile could be wrong.

Yip it
's a disgrace but I heard there is a new municipal one down Gorgie road, it holds thousands apparently.
Failing that you can get a grant to have a colostomy bag fitted (they are quite in vogue I believe)

True enough.
Very true. I'm surprised football teams haven't gone the same way with the rise of the PS2!!!!!

My understanding is that pubs have to let you use them and can't actually insist you buy something. Obviously it wouldn't be much fun having to argue the letter of the law but if you politely ask would many just flat turn you down?

I think McDonalds policy is also to let non-customers use them as long as they're not disruptive or getting in the way of customers or whatever.

My understanding is that pubs have to let you use them and can't actually insist you buy something. Obviously it wouldn't be much fun having to argue the letter of the law but if you politely ask would many just flat turn you down?

I think McDonalds policy is also to let non-customers use them as long as they're not disruptive or getting in the way of customers or whatever.

In the McDonald's I've been in over the last few years, home and abroad, there's a code on the receipt for the toilets.

I'm sorry but the point is there should be adequate public toilets.If a library closed down you wouldn't be saying you can buy a book in Blackwells.

I'm sorry but the point is there should be adequate public toilets.If a library closed down you wouldn't be saying you can buy a book in Blackwells.

From your earlier postings I don't think there could ever be an adequate supply of toilets Moaty.

You should just wear Tena for men. 1875 checks to make sure I'm wearing mine if he's giving me a lift.
He wished he hadn't, that time I forgot to put them on.

Thought there was a bookies beside the Mitre etc in royal mile could be wrong.

Used to be a Ladbrokes there, dunno if it’s still there

In the McDonald's I've been in over the last few years, home and abroad, there's a code on the receipt for the toilets.

There is in some. You just have to ask them to open it, the point being that they will almost always do so whether you're a customer or not.

Used to be a Ladbrokes there, dunno if it’s still there
Was last time I passed.

This thread has been viewed 7451 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back