• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Proposed new Edinburgh indoor arena

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
8,000 capacity indoor arena proposed to be built at of all places ...Straiton.
I'm a bit sceptical that this will ever happen to be honest, but if it does it is long overdue, although it would be better if it were to have a bigger capacity.
Just a pity it would be in a place that is so difficult to get to.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
It's daft that all that land is sitting down the Docks with a Tram line on the way,loads of pubs/restaurants nearby and no-one is proposing building an arena down there.

The Arena at Straiton sounds like McDairmid park with a roof on it,difficult to get to by foot and no amenities nearby.
Driving to and from a concert must be the worst thing ever.

Last edited:

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
It's daft that all that land is sitting down the Docks with a Tram line on the way,loads of pubs/restaurants nearby and no-one is proposing building an arena down there.
That was my first thought when I heard about it. Then I remembered it's earmarked for housing/offices/commercial and probably more f'ing students accommodation lol

NGP

A message to you, radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Don't need this kind of venue, especially in a industrial & commercial backwater.
Edinburgh could do with a decent size venue for live events, (in Edinburgh), but this just feels like some kind of pissing contest with Glasgow.
More corporate blandness.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Don't need this kind of venue, especially in a industrial & commercial backwater.
Edinburgh could do with a decent size venue for live events, (in Edinburgh), but this just feels like some kind of pissing contest with Glasgow.
More corporate blandness.
I think we do need a large arena for major concerts. Every city in Britain has one except Edinburgh.
The problem is though as you have indicated, the Hydro is bigger and every major artist/band will still want to play there before any other arena in Scotland.

Reactions: NGP

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

The Scottish Cup Winners v Der Hun

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in