• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Predictable press coverage ahead of pound extortion event tomorrow...

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
So it's off to visit the Soapies tomorrow for the first time in what seems an age. Hunners o wee extortionists lie in wait the length of London Road, ready to extract pounds for car protection rackets geared at allowing them to fuel up on crisps and ginger from the Celtc Supporters Club nearby.
Predictable press coverage has been Lennon love in saturated with a smatter of Leigh.
Hibs are waiting on the fitness progress of Brandon (hip problem) and Sir David.
Ofir is off and you'd think that's mean Bitton is too. Broony's hammy wisnse happy midweek and it would be good if it is still causing him jip.

I'm less concerned than I was 10 days ago but still anxious about our ability to cope with the speed of the Soapie front line. Especially Whittaker who has been short of pace all season.

Ach well, it's a free hit at the champions in their own boxing ring. Let battle commence...first up the wee scallies and their protection racket...

Hopefully we can cause an upset. It's not a free hit though, teams can overtake us, including Hearts, and teams can pull further away from us. No league games are free hits.

Hopefully we can cause an upset. It's not a free hit though, teams can overtake us, including Hearts, and teams can pull further away from us. No league games are free hits.

It's a free hit because there are no expectations.

So it's off to visit the Soapies tomorrow for the first time in what seems an age. Hunners o wee extortionists lie in wait the length of London Road, ready to extract pounds for car protection rackets geared at allowing them to fuel up on crisps and ginger from the Celtc Supporters Club nearby. Predictable press coverage has been Lennon love in saturated with a smatter of Leigh. Hibs are waiting on the fitness progress of Brandon (hip problem) and Sir David.Ofir is off and you'd think that's mean Bitton is too. Broony's hammy wisnse happy midweek and it would be good if it is still causing him jip. I'm less concerned than I was 10 days ago but still anxious about our ability to cope with the speed of the Soapie front line. Especially Whittaker who has been short of pace all season. Ach well, it's a free hit at the champions in their own boxing ring. Let battle commence...first up the wee scallies and their protection racket...
I'm not feeling confident. Could get pumped our defence worries me. Or we will win. Won't be be something in between. Hopefully we don't lose and early goal.

Broony's hammy wisnse happy midweek and it would be good if it is still causing him jip.

Brown & Armstrong are out. :yeah:

And for Scotland too....:sad

Brown & Armstrong are out. :yeah:

And for Scotland too....:sad

Cheers Smurf.

When you are playing against a team on their own patch who are better than you are and have better players than you have, all you can do is try to make life as difficult as you can for them and try to stop them playing their natural game. Our only chance of a result is frustrating our opponents and hope we can take whatever few chances will come our way. We won't have much possession of the ball so it's important we try to keep it for as long as possible and hit them on the counter-attack. As always against Celtic we have to avoid losing the first goal to have any chance and we certainly have to avoid losing early goals. They will as always try to finish the game off as quickly as possible so we really do have to have full concentration from everyone right from the word go till the final whistle. Celtic's pace and movement in the last third is what concerns me the most against a makeshift Hibs defence, especially coming from wide areas.

Hard work, good organisation, full concentration for the whole game, and a bit of luck. If we get all four of those from Hibs then we have a wee chance of a result. The odds are stacked against us but let's just have a go. These big games against the best are what it's all about and if nothing else it will give us some idea just how far we have to go as a team.

Barker declared himself "back n better" on twitter this morning

Hibernian (1875) v GlesgaThellickFitbaClub (1888)

Mon the Cabbage!

Barker declared himself "back n better" on twitter this morning

Better than recently? He has been poor at best.

I am going undercover at the game tomorrow... for the third time at CP!

Will be an interesting barometer of our progress.

P

I see Barts playing a huge part tomorrow, helping break up their attacks. We mustn't let our defence get exposed for pace especially Efe and Whittaker. I would say S Murray front and defend from the front.

No Brown or Armstrong, possibly no Bitton, and the likes of Griffiths & Roberts playing the full 90 midweek should give us hope... that is until realising that they still have Ntcham, Rogic, Forrest, Sinclair & Dembélé... this wont be easy, but no team stays unbeaten forever.

I see Barts playing a huge part tomorrow, helping break up their attacks. We mustn't let our defence get exposed for pace especially Efe and Whittaker. I would say S Murray front and defend from the front.
Big chance for Marv to really his worth. Speed of play and big pitch could see him exposed

Efe is pretty fleet of foot. It's his heid that needs to work quickly tomorrow :dub:

Severe disruption on the railways from Edinburgh to the weege and loads of other routes.

Check here down the page a bit at live updates.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/#

As long as we go at them, they're not all that great, just teams are scared n buy into their unbeatable pish.
2-1 Hibs

As long as we go at them, they're not all that great, just teams are scared n buy into their unbeatable pish.
2-1 Hibs

So close :-(

This thread has been viewed 2245 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back