Porteous (1 Viewer)

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The lads been extremely solid and looks a fantastic young prospect. One aspect of his game I really like and something we've lacked for quite a while. He's got a dirty cynical streak about him. When Mackay-Stevens beat Efe, Ryan just basically put him up in the air and took him out. Got booked, but danger averted. He did the exact same thing in one of the European games too. I'm not saying he's dirty in the sense that he goes out to injure anyone, he just takes no prisoners and gets the job done.

Reactions: joethehibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the emergence of Porteous probably means the end of Darren McGregor. Two very similar players but I don't think Lenny fancies them playing toghther.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Hibs invested heavily in refreshing our scouting and coaching methods after relegation. Ryan Porteous, along with Ollie Shaw are the fruits of those efforts. I expect Ryan to go on to captain both Hibs and Scotland. Another wee note is both laddies are Hibs supporters, daft as it sounds but its always good to have a few fans in the team.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I get the feeling that the emergence of Porteous probably means the end of Darren McGregor. Two very similar players but I don't think Lenny fancies them playing toghther.
Potentially, but I still think Porteous is in the development stage and will have the odd hopeless game as a result. Under those circumstances, McGregor is the obvious guy to step in and cover him, while providing a professional example.

I was a Shanlon guy. It's not something I'm happy about, but I'm comfortable admitting it because he developed into a player that proved me utterly wrong. I personally believe our current manager is much better equipped in regard to development than the dumplings that Hanlon carried the can for, and that can only be a good thing for Porteous.

I see a good future for the lad.

Reactions: joethehibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I was a Shanlon guy. It's not something I'm happy about, but I'm comfortable admitting it because he developed into a player that proved me utterly wrong.
I remember disagreeing with you. ;))

I still disagree, as I think the 'Shanlon' was unwarranted at the time. It's not that he has transformed into a decent player, he's just continued to improve.
Similarly I disagreed with those who deemed Squirrel hopeless, and Lewis 'not good enough'. Although both have improved, they were never so bad as to justify some of the criticism sent their way. Squirrel is heading for caps one way or another, and is MUCH improved, but I always appreciated his pace and enthusiasm from the off.

Louis has at last escaped from the clutches of the boo boys and isn't as regularly abused as he has been in the past. In his case I don't think he has improved markedly, but his stock has rocketed since Whitty took up the role of being feckin hopeless and not fit to wear the jersey ya bastird etc.
Stevenson is the second name Lewis looks for on the teamsheet.

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Reaction score

I still disagree, as I think the 'Shanlon' was unwarranted at the time. It's not that he has transformed into a decent player, he's just continued to improve.
Similarly I disagreed with those who deemed Squirrel hopeless, and Louis 'not good enough'. Although both have improved, they were never so bad as to justify some of the criticism sent their way. Squirrel is heading for caps one way or another, and is MUCH improved, but I always appreciated his pace and enthusiasm from the off.

Louis has at last escaped from the clutches of the boo boys and isn't as regularly abused as he has been in the past. In his case I don't think he has improved markedly, but his stock has rocketed since Whitty took up the role of being feckin hopeless and not fit to wear the jersey ya bastird etc.
Stevenson is the second name Louis looks for on the teamsheet.
Who'd have thought you and me would be totally on the same page eh:deal1:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

Similarly I disagreed with those who deemed Squirrel hopeless, and Lewis 'not good enough'. Although both have improved, they were never so bad as to justify some of the criticism sent their way. Squirrel is heading for caps one way or another, and is MUCH improved, but I always appreciated his pace and enthusiasm from the off.

Stevenson is the second name Lewis looks for on the teamsheet.
I disagree. Lewis is protected not only by the current Whittaker abuse but also the dislike many such fans have developed for Efe...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KC Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Hibs invested heavily in refreshing our scouting and coaching methods after relegation. Ryan Porteous, along with Ollie Shaw are the fruits of those efforts. I expect Ryan to go on to captain both Hibs and Scotland. Another wee note is both laddies are Hibs supporters, daft as it sounds but its always good to have a few fans in the team.
Agree with this. Porteous is a brilliant young talent, I just hope he lives up to expectations. Also I think having supporters play for the club makes a massive difference, especially in derby games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS