• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Police Incident in Willowbrae Road

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I am hearing there is a serious police incident in Willowbrae.

Those of you heading for Leith to catch buses or indeed anyone making their way to the Weej, there are no vehicles coming either way along Willowbrae Road at the moment. Incident took place around 1am so hopefully they'll open up again soon. People heading into town toward ER hoping to use Willowbrae Road will be affected as Portobello High Street and Seafield closed off already for the marathon.

Your roving reporter.

Police all over the area through the night. Yon big heat seeking helicopters were flying across a fair bit of the city that surrounds Willowbrae. :read:

Close to Abercorn tennis club apparently, so if your a Hertz @@$@ no going to Glasgow and thinking of a game of tennis this efty yer fucked!:pf:

There was a van driving at an insane speed around town yesterday. I mean, I saw it nearly crash 3 or 4 times. I've need seen anyone drive like that in town. Can't help but think its related.

Yours,
Professor P. Conjecture.

I am hearing there is a serious police incident in Willowbrae.

Those of you heading for Leith to catch buses or indeed anyone making their way to the Weej, there are no vehicles coming either way along Willowbrae Road at the moment. Incident took place around 1am so hopefully they'll open up again soon. People heading into town toward ER hoping to use Willowbrae Road will be affected as Portobello High Street and Seafield closed off already for the marathon.

Your roving reporter.

Don't think PHS is closed, marathon going along the prom mate

Don't think PHS is closed, marathon going along the prom mate

Just reporting what I was told Marky, Mark

Willowbrae Road still closed. Didn't look as though they were planning to open it any time soon (but who knows?).

Apparently a shooting, 1 dead 1 in hospital... :dunno:

Was a boy I was at school with.

Seems to have been a drive by style shooting, don't know the circumstances but it's horrible.

RIP Mo

Pissed off 1. Doesn't seem to have been locals and I'm getting a bit pissed off with all this imported crime that's happening in Edinburgh and elsewhere.

Pissed off 2. This quote from the police; "Additional policing resources are being made available and there will be extra patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community."

When something like this happens even the most stupid crim is going to avoid the fecking area like the plague. So what's the point of extra fecking resources? What we need is more officers wandering about the place.

How often has anyone seen the cops in their area providing reassurance as the norm?

Pissed off 1. Doesn't seem to have been locals and I'm getting a bit pissed off with all this imported crime that's happening in Edinburgh and elsewhere.

Pissed off 2. This quote from the police; "Additional policing resources are being made available and there will be extra patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community."

When something like this happens even the most stupid crim is going to avoid the fecking area like the plague. So what's the point of extra fecking resources? What we need is more officers wandering about the place.

How often has anyone seen the cops in their area providing reassurance as the norm?

Never !

Was a boy I was at school with.

Seems to have been a drive by style shooting, don't know the circumstances but it's horrible.

RIP Mo

Police are saying they're not local Hammi, was your mate not from this neck of the woods anymore?

Police are saying they're not local Hammi, was your mate not from this neck of the woods anymore?

He's been in Edinburgh for around 9/10 years I'm sure. That's when I met him atleast. I thought the police were saying the people they were looking for weren't local?
It's an absolute shame, he's always been brand new, didn't think he was mixed up in anything, but most probably knew people who were, don't want to ask his closer friends about it because it's just not right.
No idea who the other person found was, seems he was maybe running away from the first incident :dunno:

He's been in Edinburgh for around 9/10 years I'm sure. That's when I met him atleast. I thought the police were saying the people they were looking for weren't local?
It's an absolute shame, he's always been brand new, didn't think he was mixed up in anything, but most probably knew people who were, don't want to ask his closer friends about it because it's just not right.
No idea who the other person found was, seems he was maybe running away from the first incident :dunno:

Crazy stuff whatever it was that happened mate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22682687

Latest on this in the link.

Drove past today and the area is still cordoned off, with parts of it tented. 3 police armoured vehicles sitting side by side at the junction. There's more to this than we're being told at present judging by the scale of their presence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22682687

Latest on this in the link.

Drove past today and the area is still cordoned off, with parts of it tented. 3 police armoured vehicles sitting side by side at the junction. There's more to this than we're being told at present judging by the scale of their presence.

Finally named him then.
Seems the police still think they're in Edinburgh, going by the quotes yesterday they think the guys involved are laying low somewhere.
A lass I know, know's a lass that stays in the area and she said they're having to sign something when they come in and out. (but that could be the building she stays in, wasn't a very clear conversation)

According to a friend, it's been a drive by style shooting. But how he got his info I don't know, don't know if the guy in hospital is awake/talking or what :dunno: That article says it was a car chase?

Finally named him then.
Seems the police still think they're in Edinburgh, going by the quotes yesterday they think the guys involved are laying low somewhere.
A lass I know, know's a lass that stays in the area and she said they're having to sign something when they come in and out. (but that could be the building she stays in, wasn't a very clear conversation)

According to a friend, it's been a drive by style shooting. But how he got his info I don't know, don't know if the guy in hospital is awake/talking or what :dunno: That article says it was a car chase?

I stay just a couple of streets up the road from the road thats still blocked off, I can only think she must live on that road as my wife was able to get out onto the main street no problem, driving down the other side of the tennis courts out onto Willowbrae Road.

It was pretty mental here yesterday morning, when I woke up my wife was telling me about the helicopter as it woke her up so she went outside for a look. She said I slightly stirred with all the noise, amazing what 6 IPA's and a few whiskys will do :wink: There was police tape everywhere and me and my wee lad were told we couldnt get out past the tennis courts, only way out was back up the hill a bit. No cars were allowed out at all from the few streets around me. Police were still here when I got back about 9 last night, had to explain where I lived so I could get through the block they put up.

I was actually up and about until 2am but never heard a thing. I had my earphones in getting myself fired up for the final with a few tunes!

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/227057-mohammed-omar-abdi-was-arrested-on-drugs-charges-earlier-this-month/

People came over and had a wee look, then sped off down the road.
Would explain how the police knew they were looking for a white/grey hatchback the other day.

This thread has been viewed 4995 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back