Poker (1 Viewer)

Haruki

Registered
Reaction score
I'm slowly becoming obsessed with this game. I've always enjoyed watching it on tv and can sit watching it for hours but have never really played it. Recently I've sat at a couple of tables at work days out though and am now craving it. Alas non of my mates are particularly into it and anytime I've sat them down to play they just play ridicuously aggressively and go all-in every hand and accuse me of cheating when I eventually take their chips.

There's a few schools in certain local clubs but I fear I'm a tad naive to sit down with the more professional element.

So can anyone recommend a decent on-line poker site and give me some advice. I can't afford to gamble a lot and only know how to play Texas hold em. A quick Google gives me names of sites offering 100s of free chips but I'm sceptical.

Anyone got any advice on where best to try first or indeed any general advice on poker?

hfc1875

Radge Donator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm slowly becoming obsessed with this game. I've always enjoyed watching it on tv and can sit watching it for hours but have never really played it. Recently I've sat at a couple of tables at work days out though and am now craving it. Alas non of my mates are particularly into it and anytime I've sat them down to play they just play ridicuously aggressively and go all-in every hand and accuse me of cheating when I eventually take their chips.

There's a few schools in certain local clubs but I fear I'm a tad naive to sit down with the more professional element.

So can anyone recommend a decent on-line poker site and give me some advice. I can't afford to gamble a lot and only know how to play Texas hold em. A quick Google gives me names of sites offering 100s of free chips but I'm sceptical.

Anyone got any advice on where best to try first or indeed any general advice on poker?
Carbon poker is a good site I highly recommend it. Look out for there initial depositors bonus is pretty good.

Always play within your budget, bank roll management is crucial.

Buy a book ...Doyle brunson super system is good so is Harrington on holdem.

I have peaked and burned with the pokerz does ma nut in sitting for 6 hours to burst out on the bubble winning a measly few bucks. I only really interested in playing when the stakes are high.

May the poker gods be with you.

Haruki

Registered
Reaction score
Carbon poker is a good site I highly recommend it. Look out for there initial depositors bonus is pretty good.

Always play within your budget, bank roll management is crucial.

Buy a book ...Doyle brunson super system is good so is Harrington on holdem.

I have peaked and burned with the pokerz does ma nut in sitting for 6 hours to burst out on the bubble winning a measly few bucks. I only really interested in playing when the stakes are high.

May the poker gods be with you.
Registered with them and couldn't even work out how to play a free game.

I freely admit I'm a bit thick but don't think I'm entirely so. Couldn't work that site out at all and it's not the first time it's happened with me with a poker web-site. And I can generally navigate most sites no bother :dunno:

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
PokerStars is the best site for tournaments. Lot of small stakes entries with good prize money. Can fund it with card or paypoint which helps too.

strathy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Haruki

I play poker on a daily basis on various different sites. Before you download any poker software I have a poker forum that will not only guarantee you the best rakeback deals around they also have daily freerolls and a pokerschool which is very useful. Not to mention a great community and a daily lotto draw.
I will send you the details via pm now

Flasher

Radge Donator
Registered
Reaction score
I think the main thing is you gotta know when to hold them. It also helps if you can work out when to fold them. Also learn that there are times when you need to run from a game, not just walk away.
What else? Hmmm. Oh aye. Never count your money at the table. Its very rude. Basically, the secret to surviving is knowing what to throw away and what to keep.

Hope this helps:thumbgrin

dangerousdavid

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I've a load of Poker books to study in pdf format, PM yer e-mail address if you want me to send you them

darren_l_

TICKET TOUT
Registered
Reaction score
I think the main thing is you gotta know when to hold them. It also helps if you can work out when to fold them. Also learn that there are times when you need to run from a game, not just walk away.
What else? Hmmm. Oh aye. Never count your money at the table. Its very rude. Basically, the secret to surviving is knowing what to throw away and what to keep.

Hope this helps:thumbgrin
:laff:

cabbage

Red Rose Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I play a lot of free poker and I've tried a fair few - Yahoo had a reasonable one a while ago - but I stick with Zynga Texas Hold 'Em via Facebook. The problem with free poker is it's free- nobody loses anything, so going all in on 7,2 is quite normal. Zynga poker does have a limited supply of free chips, the prestige comes from the size of your stack (phnar phnar !!) and your rank.

However, no matter how good free poker can be as a gaming experience, nothing prepares you for playing for real cash - chalk and cheese, a completely different game. Dabble on the wee tables and learn your probabilities and risks. Take your time, and if the tables you play have a chat function, then use it.

Bambino

Registered
Reaction score
Would recommend facebook poker till you learn to play a bit.

I use ladbrokes poker ALL the time! Got the GF playing now too so she doesnt go radge at me for being on it all the time. :Sparkle_Cool:

Bob1875

Lets play PKR radge
Registered
Reaction score
Ive played regularly on PKR.com and have made a fair bit in a few years including a seat at PKR Live in London just over a year ago. The graphics are 2nd to none and the reason I like PKR is the great community on the site, and they have a great forums section where there is good advice available and community meet ups etc. They are always giving away free stuff and the staff are really close to community. If you dont deposit there are 10 cents giveaway sit n gos and regular freerolls. If you fancy pm me and ill refer you as a friend and we both get money if you do deposit and play a certain amount.

strathy

Registered
Reaction score
Could still do with some fellow Hibees joining me over on pokerspace.

Here is the link again http://www.pokerspace.com/?u=colebex

If you do get around to joining hit me up and I can show you around and help get you up and running. Pokerspace has recently added 3 poker rooms offering free no deposit cash. Ultimate bet, Absolute poker and Power Poker. Come on help me get pokerspace bouncing

Glazed

Part of Bounce
Reaction score
If your looking for a decent 'real life' game check out the nuts poker league, there's games in pubs all over the place and it's free to play. Since it's a league people tend to take it more seriously than the play money games online, so you learn a lot more.

Haruki

Registered
Reaction score
Could still do with some fellow Hibees joining me over on pokerspace.

Here is the link again http://www.pokerspace.com/?u=colebex

If you do get around to joining hit me up and I can show you around and help get you up and running. Pokerspace has recently added 3 poker rooms offering free no deposit cash. Ultimate bet, Absolute poker and Power Poker. Come on help me get pokerspace bouncing
Have joined your site Strathy and I've concluded you're on commision for members joined. Fair enough but I joined and didn't know how to mention you . And am still unsure how you're benefited me. Prey tell, do tell.

But back to the sport that is Poker.

It's the new Rock'n'roll. Has been for about a decade to be fair. But I'm slow.

From the innocent I was in my first post from 6 months ago I've learnt so much. I've taken down MTTs. I've doubled my initial stake on Full Tilt.

But I'm not in profit. Not even close. Don't expect to be for a few years at least. But every mistake teaches me a lesson. And I'm going to take down a big one soon.

Won my first B&M one short ago. Small stakes but it means I'm starting to be able to adapt my skills to the live game. It's so different it defies beief. The internet game is notoriously hard to beat. But I think I can master the cash games there too.

So, so much to learn. But for the first time in my life, I'm commited. Read and re-read Harrington's opuses. And many other unheard of ones. Haven't done Boyle's one yet. I'm scared of it strangely. Brillianty as they both are, they're probably quite dated now. You now have to expect the double barrel with air. Which means the much lauded aggressive style might be able to be beaten by tightness. Hell, I dunno. It changes every year. You need to be original. It's possible. Ask Ivey, he's the best. By miles. He reads minds.

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel