• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Petrie must go

hibeebenji

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Got to admit I'm ashamed, I heard those singing the "Petrie must go" chant in the East and never joined in. Even thou I feel exactly the same way.

Thinking now maybe it will take a chant, banner or demo of that like, to get a reaction from Petrie and his cronies. It might make some unhappy reading in the back pages for Rodders & Sir Tom.

I'm nae saying we start acting like greet in faced Jambos (But I like to think if we were in their situation, we'd have rioted in the stands long ago).

Rodders has sold the family silver and is charging us more than ever, to watch some dire excuse for football. Yes, Mixu must take the blame for the results on the pitch. But Petrie must take his responsibility for his appointment of manger & the lack of quality players at the club.

Rodders likes to bang on about profits made, not realising that the majority of fans don't give a feck what fee we get. If the money is never reinvested on the pitch.

So next time the chant starts up nae matter what looks head in my direction, I'll join in at full volume "PETRIE MUST GO"!!!!!

As standing silent will get us nae where.

Was us chanting "Petrie GTF"

Just think that its time we had somebody else in charge who wants us to do well and willing to cough up when needed, as even the most loyal petrie lover can see thats what we need.

PETRIE GTF :tuttut:

Was us chanting "Petrie GTF"

Make a banner next time :wink::giggle:

been saying he should go for months!

been saying he should go for months!

Correct me if am wrong....... is that you ryan........ should you no be in your bed by now :rollfloor

I've never liked the GTF chant. Just seems so........schemie!

I prefer the polite indignation and Must Go! :detective:

How can you blame Petrie. Do you think Killie who are top of the league spend a fraction of what we spend. It's the managers job to get the right players within the budget set. Mixu's problem is that he plays a system which does not work and never will. He refuses to change it and now the players have lost confidence. It's a pity because Mixu is a decent guy but I fear he will be the first casualty of this`season.

Rod Petrie will be at Easter Road for as long as Tom Farmer is the owner of Hibernian Football Club. The only other way he will leave would be if he is offered a higher paid job somewhere else.

How can you blame Petrie. Do you think Killie who are top of the league spend a fraction of what we spend. It's the managers job to get the right players within the budget set. Mixu's problem is that he plays a system which does not work and never will. He refuses to change it and now the players have lost confidence. It's a pity because Mixu is a decent guy but I fear he will be the first casualty of this`season.
good point.

Rod Petrie will be at Easter Road for as long as Tom Farmer is the owner of Hibernian Football Club. The only other way he will leave would be if he is offered a higher paid job somewhere else.[/quote]
Asda?

If Riordan ends up at Hearts Petrie will deserve all he gets! I hope he gets it tight every Saturday, whatever the result.

Rod Petrie will be at Easter Road for as long as Tom Farmer is the owner of Hibernian Football Club. The only other way he will leave would be if he is offered a higher paid job somewhere else.

The day the majority of the support turns against him he'll not last long.

Because it is Petrie who will not meet a perfectly reasonable price for a 20 goals a season lifelong Hibs fan. Simple really.

Because it is Petrie who will not meet a perfectly reasonable price for a 20 goals a season lifelong Hibs fan. Simple really.

Hibs daft....
a proven goal scorer, which we drastically need, don't tell me we're strapped for the cash it would take to bring him back to hibs.......
Surely even Petrie can squeeze the last few quid out the club to bring riordon back to the club

A proven goal scorer who plays well regularly, not a 1 in 4 like Mr Nish. If we lose Riordan to Hearts, Petrie must go and take Mixup with him.

I hope we get Riordan but if we keep playing the same system we will continue to struggle.

sorry but i feel mixu was hired to be petries puppet and it has worked for him.
when you think about the money brought in for the likes of thomson, brown and whittaker and then compare it to the money mangers have spent lately it doesn't sum up.
:pullhair:either he parts with some cash or he has to go in my mind:approve::worthy

Has there been a "...Must Go!" chant since Miller?

Yes, Duffy!!

And you have the details of this 'perfectly reasonable price'.

That wouldn't be the same perfectly reasonable price as "I want every last penny we've paid for him in wages"
:shrink84:

I don't understand what Petrie has to do with it. He wasn't even playing today.

Well if he would stop selling the soul of the club and start investing some of the cash gained to improve the squad we wouldnt be half as pish as we are!!

Well if he would stop selling the soul of the club and start investing some of the cash gained to improve the squad we wouldnt be half as pish as we are!!

We're paying as much in wages than anyone else (within reason) and have a decent squad of players.

I can't believe I'm arguing for the current board and really I'm not but the problem at the moment isn't about investment. The "Petrie out" folk should find better reasons to slate him. There are plenty.

We're paying as much in wages than anyone else (within reason) and have a decent squad of players.

I can't believe I'm arguing for the current board and really I'm not but the problem at the moment isn't about investment. The "Petrie out" folk should find better reasons to slate him. There are plenty.

Have to agree with you. As you say we probably pay as much as any team outside the old firm in wages maybe not too individuals but squad wise we do. Mixu has been backed more so than any other manager that we have had recently. We're not playing bad football at the moment and I think things will fall in to place but we have to realize that the Mowbray Era has gone.
They say Petrie sold all the assets that we have but IMO he got us the best price he could for these players,like it or not these lads were going to leave Hibs one way or another. We have invested in a new training centre that was badly needed and it might take a few years to see the benefits.

Just look at Hearts right now they spent spent spent and are upto there neck in dept. Id rather a few mid table finishes than the club I love being under threat of going under because we wanted to spend fortunes. No one player is bigger than the club Deeks included if they dont want what they are being offered they can GTF.

Anyone else? what about Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and h***ts? They pay better wages than Hibs!! Also a decent squad of players? Which team have you been watching or did you mean 'sold a decent squad of players'?

And you have the details of this 'perfectly reasonable price'.

Nope. I was basing that statement on the reported fee of 250,000. Which is a reasonable fee for a proven striker IMHO.

I don't want the club to be held to ransom over this possible signing FWIW, but I think a quarter or a million is a fair price.

Exactly.
Roll on the AGM (October)

The day the majority of the support turns against him he'll not last long.

Cue dramatic entrance by STF.
Or perhaps not. when we were relegated in 98 he was conspicuous by his absence. At least Lex Gold did the honourable thing.

A) we are ? (wages)
B) have we ? (decent squad of players)
C) you aren't ? (not arguing for the board)
D) you're having a laff ! (problem isn't investment)

My thoughts exactly. Jumbo Jay has done wonders with a lot less than us.
A good manager plays players to their strengths. Also discipline and organisation has to be there.

I think Mixu's a great guy but ...

The problem is, I can't for the life of me think of a ready replacement.
Yogi? :dunno:

While I think RP's doctrine hasn't helped our cause on the park, I think the squad we have is currently punching well below their weight.

Got to admit I'm ashamed, I heard those singing the "Petrie must go" chant in the East and never joined in. Even thou I feel exactly the same way.

Thinking now maybe it will take a chant, banner or demo of that like, to get a reaction from Petrie and his cronies. It might make some unhappy reading in the back pages for Rodders & Sir Tom.

I'm nae saying we start acting like greet in faced Jambos (But I like to think if we were in their situation, we'd have rioted in the stands long ago).

Rodders has sold the family silver and is charging us more than ever, to watch some dire excuse for football. Yes, Mixu must take the blame for the results on the pitch. But Petrie must take his responsibility for his appointment of manger & the lack of quality players at the club.

Rodders likes to bang on about profits made, not realising that the majority of fans don't give a feck what fee we get. If the money is never reinvested on the pitch.

So next time the chant starts up nae matter what looks head in my direction, I'll join in at full volume "PETRIE MUST GO"!!!!!

As standing silent will get us nae where.

Me who started it and not ashamed of it, until petrie gets his finger out his arse we're going to keep going down hill...Soon we'll have the whole terracing singing it.;

Exactly some people never wake up and smell the fresh air we are pish we have not and probaly never will replace the good attacking minded player we had before as we have replaced them with pish, as soon as Petrie gets his finger out his arse and gives some proper money in modern day football then we might sign and do alot better than we are going to do this season...

The thing is there are people within the Hibs support who think Petrie is a good guy, hes a businessman and is only interested in the big cheques in front of him...we need someone who actually has a interest in the club.

Petrie Must Go!!

Me who started it and not ashamed of it, until petrie gets his finger out his arse we're going to keep going down hill...Soon we'll have the whole terracing singing it.;

Headline for the hibs game in the Sunday Times was

'Hibs Fans Turn on Petrie'

Well done to the people who started the chant and joined in

:ura:

Very good summation of the game as well can't find the article online or
would link.

I think Mixu's a great guy but ...

The problem is, I can't for the life of me think of a ready replacement.
Yogi? :dunno:

i really dont get the yogi love in some people have.

out of interest can someone tell me how falkirk are doing this season and what position they are in the league?

mixu has to be backed by petrie, if he allows riordan to go to hearts ill not be at easter road again this season

i really dont get the yogi love in some people have.

out of interest can someone tell me how falkirk are doing this season and what position they are in the league?

mixu has to be backed by petrie, if he allows riordan to go to hearts ill not be at easter road again this season

Yeah agree...

Mixu needs the backing but like previous managers it doesn't look like hes going to get it..

The Yogi thing is a joke as hes the same sort of manager as Mixu.

Petrie out!:banger:

Petrie out!:banger:

You want Mixu out and you want Petrie out.

However, you're not prepared to get your wallet out.:tuttut:

You want Mixu out and you want Petrie out.

However, you're not prepared to get your wallet out.:tuttut:

I defo don't undertand anyone wanting Mixu out.

I want Petrie out I don't really want to pay anymore cash than I have allready,However is their some kind of box we can put money into to top up Petries salery and give him a nice wee 10% bonus when he leaves ,

Do people think that would get Petrie out ?

Petrie will leave when Tommy Farmer leaves and not before.

the thing about the Petrie chant was that it only started after Motherwell scored, a goal that came from a scrappy bit of play and a scrappy bit of defending. it was just one of those things. if Hibs had taken one of our chances and won the game I'm guessing there wouldn't have been any 'Petrie must go' chants. so effectively you're blaming Petrie for a couple of seconds of scrappy defending, and Fletch and Deano not being able to finish in front of goal? if you're going to chant about Petrie at least do it from the start of the game, don't wait until we have a bit of bad luck on the pitch and then somehow blame it on Petrie

that probably doesn't make a lot of sense but all I'm saying is, we should have beaten Motherwell, that we didn't isn't Petrie's fault, we were just unlucky and thats how football goes sometimes. if we were playing them again today we would probably beat them comfortably

This thread has been viewed 2696 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50