Perfect analysis . (1 Viewer)

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I think it's pretty naive to believe the suspension was due to the (usual) stormy meeting. As you say, much more likely to do with what may have been a heated exchange between the CEO and the Coach. Perhaps Lennon was already on a sticky wicket due to his erratic behaviour and the last straw came during that meeting. That sounds the most likely scenario.
Sounds like logical reasoning . I’m going to yet another game tomorrow and we’re meeting a pal that I’m sure will be able to shine some light on things .

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Sounds like logical reasoning . I’m going to yet another game tomorrow and we’re meeting a pal that I’m sure will be able to shine some light on things .
Hope the pal's good-looking. Doubt you'll take him or her seriously if not.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
It's not just journalists that are fighting Lennon's corner. Our own backroom staff backed him, our own captain came out and said it was a normal session. Ex players that know Lennon are backing him. It's a bit naive not to think, hey wait a minute MAYBE the club did fuck him over. Or MAYBE Lennon fucked Lennon over. Judging by the amount of people backing Lennon, I've decided that I think the club were in the wrong. I have absolutely fuck all to go on, but that's my opinion after weighing up what little facts I have.
I believe you’re pretty much correct .
“ Lenny too big for small timers running show at ER . For over a year he’s been moaning to a mutual friend that the board doesn’t match his ambition .
Petrie and him never got on .
That said he’s a mercurial character , even difficult at times but brought a buzz about the place .
PS - I’m usually at all the home games but can’t make it today . See you soon at another game soon “
From a friend of mine who should know .

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Ah.
That explains it.
A lack of ambition.
I kind of guessed it would be that.
Good inside info there.
:sparkle-cool:

Administrator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I think it's pretty naive to believe the suspension was due to the (usual) stormy meeting. As you say, much more likely to do with what may have been a heated exchange between the CEO and the Coach. Perhaps Lennon was already on a sticky wicket due to his erratic behaviour and the last straw came during that meeting. That sounds the most likely scenario.
I agree, and as you know, I am not particularly fond of the board or Leeann. I think both were at fault here, its been a disaster for us.

Reactions: Smurf

Bal74

Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I agree, and as you know, I am not particularly fond of the board or Leeann. I think both were at fault here, its been a disaster for us.
Agreed.

If you'd asked me 2 and a half weeks ago I would have had concerns about our performance this season and about Lennon's apparent commitment or ability to turn things round but I was a long way of thinking we should get shot of him - I'd have been in the 'be careful what you wish for' camp. His departure is a disaster in its timing, but it's important to remember that things were far from great - he's gone, we need to move on.

I also don't buy the Lennon and Parker getting a £300K payoff. Whilst it's unclear exactly what happened, we do know with some certainty, given Lennon's routine press conference shortly before it all kicked off, that his departure clearly wasn't anticipated and that something kicked off that afternoon. Given the club immediately suspended him they must have thought they had reasonable grounds for dismissal - in which case no payoff. That would have left Lennon looking a complete liability to any future employer so he'd have had little to lose from dragging it through the courts to at least muddy the waters over blame by engaging in some public mud-slinging. Hibs will not have wanted the cost, time or reputational hit of that so I'd expect the bland statement enabling him to leave with his reputation intact will have been in exchange for him walking away with a greatly reduced or no payoff without a fight. However, not convinced going so far as to absolve him of any blame in the statement was wise at it's handed him a PR victory so I sincerely hope they've saved a significant sum in exchange.

It's done, onwards and upwards

C4MMY

Registered
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I believe you’re pretty much correct .
“ Lenny too big for small timers running show at ER . For over a year he’s been moaning to a mutual friend that the board doesn’t match his ambition .
Petrie and him never got on .
That said he’s a mercurial character , even difficult at times but brought a buzz about the place .
PS - I’m usually at all the home games but can’t make it today . See you soon at another game soon “
From a friend of mine who should know .
To me that screams talking pish. Usual board not matching NL ambition pish. Loved NLs time in charge but can’t say I’ll miss him.

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Loved the Lennon years. Especially his windups versus der hun. Brought some classy players to Easter Rd too and tried to play attacking fitba the Hibs way.

But his bizarre formations and team selections in recent months were a joke. It was like he was fucking about with our chances of winning ganes to make childish points to the board about the lack of depth in the squad.

Next.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Loved the Lennon years. Especially his windups versus der hun. Brought some classy players to Easter Rd too and tried to play attacking fitba the Hibs way.

But his bizarre formations and team selections in recent months were a joke. It was like he was fucking about with our chances of winning ganes to make childish points to the board about the lack of depth in the squad.

Next.

Great post, and sums up the total of my recent interminable ramblings perfectly.

Duns_Hibby

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
NL has always been a divisive character. He gave us two great years but he clearly no longer wanted to be here and the parting was inevitable. Both NL and LD have obviously handled this badly but it's time to move on. NL leaving is no reason for throwing the toys out the pram with all the board rubbish again. We are a club that lives within our means, those means clearly do not give NL the 'quality' he requires - no reason to rip up a very successful few years and the business model that delivered. I'm more concerned at NL's recruitment and inability to get the best out of what he had. He was a decent manager but no Stein or Turnbull. NL is clearly a master at getting the 'Celtic Clique' in full flight to speak for him. That actually works against him, makes him look like a petulant child. Time to move forward, welcome the new manager whoever he may be and let's not implode as a club about a situation none of us (including Irvine Welsh) know a thing about.

Reactions: WJC1848 and aggie

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

Next.

Good post. Don’t mind IW but some of his twitter Hibs pals are the absolute dregs of the support, not to be taken seriously.

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel