Perfect analysis . (1 Viewer)

brianmc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
As I type this at 10:14pm I can't help wonder about the merits of time travel.....

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
From Irvine Welsh at 10.45 tonight on Twitter .
Waken up Peeps :)
Since when did Irvine Welsh become the oracle on all things Hibs? He's a fan like all the rest of us and, whilst he can produce a good book, he's no expert on football. Or are we to take it as gospel the random thoughts of any celebrity who has an opinion on all things Hibs at the moment?

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
From Irvine Welsh at 10.45 tonight on Twitter .
Waken up Peeps :)
Probably better if you could ask a relative to copy and paste it here.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I think he's talking nonsense.

How is changing manager after a shocking start to the season "accepting mediocrity"? We've been mediocre for four months that's why Neil "he's a winner®" Lennon had us languishing in 8th when he left. If anything Hibs are doing to opposite of accepting mediocre results by changing things.

Neil gave us two great seasons, and I get that having a celebrity in charge seems to have had some folks plums pumping even when we were total shite, but I'd implore fans like Irvine to have a sense of perspective. Its a managerial change, they happen all the time.

Electric Beach Joe

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I think he's talking nonsense.

How is changing manager after a shocking start to the season "accepting mediocrity"? We've been mediocre for four months that's why Neil "he's a winner®" Lennon had us languishing in 8th when he left. If anything Hibs are doing to opposite of accepting mediocre results by changing things.

Neil gave us two great seasons, and I get that having a celebrity in charge seems to have had some folks plums pumping even when we were total shite, but I'd implore fans like Irvine to have a sense of perspective. Its a managerial change, they happen all the time.
But everyone is talking nonesense....dozens of newspaper journalists, tv pundits, radio show hosts; current players, former players,managers now even celeb fans. Every single one of them is talking crap. It must be a record in Scottish football how so many people can get it all wrong at the same time. It can only be a massive conspiracy against Leannan and Rod.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
But everyone is talking nonesense....dozens of newspaper journalists, tv pundits, radio show hosts; current players, former players,managers now even celeb fans. Every single one of them is talking crap. It must be a record in Scottish football how so many people can get it all wrong at the same time. It can only be a massive conspiracy against Leannan and Rod.
What exactly are these millions of people saying?
That Lennon leaving was a mess? It was, but it's growing arms, legs and tails.

You're all about things that have nothing to do with Neil Lennon's situation.

Electric Beach Joe

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
What exactly are these millions of people saying?
That Lennon leaving was a mess? It was, but it's growing arms, legs and tails.

You're all about things that have nothing to do with Neil Lennon's situation.
You don’t know if it’s growing arms and legs or not because you don’t know what went on. For all you know all these pundits,players and journalists might be talking the truth but you don’t want to think that because it’s not your point of view

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Justify this seasons results.

You're right that the Lenny PR train is in full effect. I love the fact that some fans will insist the media in Scotland talk shite when it suits their narrative but all of a sudden idiots like Keith Jackson and Hugh Keevins are oracles of wisdom when it comes to how our club should be run.

Id be amazed if you could find me similar slaverings from the Lancashire press and pundits about Lennons time at Bolton.

Honest to god, I think there were North Korean's less brainwashed about a departure when Kim Jong-Il died.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
You don’t know if it’s growing arms and legs or not because you don’t know what went on. For all you know all these pundits,players and journalists might be talking the truth but you don’t want to think that because it’s not your point of view

So surely they don't know either?

Electric Beach Joe

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Justify this seasons results.

You're right that the Lenny PR train is in full effect. I love the fact that some fans will insist the media in Scotland talk shite when it suits their narrative but all of a sudden idiots like Keith Jackson and Hugh Keevins are oracles of wisdom when it comes to how our club should be run.

Id be amazed if you could find me similar slaverings from the Lancashire press and pundits about Lennons time at Bolton.

Honest to god, I think there were North Korean's less brainwashed about a departure when Kim Jong-Il died.
Head buried firmly in the sand gulping down every line the board throws him. Fingers in the ears at the sound of anything that tells him that the narrative he blindly follows might not be the right one after all......who's brainwashed?

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
It's not just journalists that are fighting Lennon's corner. Our own backroom staff backed him, our own captain came out and said it was a normal session. Ex players that know Lennon are backing him. It's a bit naive not to think, hey wait a minute MAYBE the club did fuck him over. Or MAYBE Lennon fucked Lennon over. Judging by the amount of people backing Lennon, I've decided that I think the club were in the wrong. I have absolutely fuck all to go on, but that's my opinion after weighing up what little facts I have.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Head buried firmly in the sand gulping down every line the board throws him. Fingers in the ears at the sound of anything that tells him that the narrative he blindly follows might not be the right one after all......who's brainwashed?
Find a post on here where I praise the board. This isn't about them, its about our previous manger.

Results were poor and our management team were "mutually consented". It happens all the time at every club on the planet. So, yes, I think you are buying a story where there is none - hook, line and sinker.

You can think what you like about my opinion but it comes from looking at the league table and nothing else. I'm certainly not the one regurgitating cliches and pish I've read on the internet

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
It's not just journalists that are fighting Lennon's corner. Our own backroom staff backed him, our own captain came out and said it was a normal session. Ex players that know Lennon are backing him. It's a bit naive not to think, hey wait a minute MAYBE the club did fuck him over. Or MAYBE Lennon fucked Lennon over. Judging by the amount of people backing Lennon, I've decided that I think the club were in the wrong. I have absolutely fuck all to go on, but that's my opinion after weighing up what little facts I have.
Or maybe it had nothing to do with the team meeting and everything to do with what happened between Leeanne and Neil.

More at play than one squad argument.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Or maybe it had nothing to do with the team meeting and everything to do with what happened between Leeanne and Neil.

More at play than one squad argument.
I think it's pretty naive to believe the suspension was due to the (usual) stormy meeting. As you say, much more likely to do with what may have been a heated exchange between the CEO and the Coach. Perhaps Lennon was already on a sticky wicket due to his erratic behaviour and the last straw came during that meeting. That sounds the most likely scenario.

Leith1975

Private Member
Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I really liked Lennon and I thought he was doing a great job up until this season. I get the impression that he was becoming a poisoness character in the the club when things weren’t going his way. From tynie last season it felt like it was more about Neil Lennon that hibs.
I don’t think Irvine Welsh is right that we’re accepting mediocrity, mediocre is what we are this season.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Since when did Irvine Welsh become the oracle on all things Hibs? He's a fan like all the rest of us and, whilst he can produce a good book, he's no expert on football. Or are we to take it as gospel the random thoughts of any celebrity who has an opinion on all things Hibs at the moment?
I just think what he said was spot on . I’m sure there are other things that he says I’m sure I wouldn’t agree with .

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel