Parking up town..

My mum had never seen Hibs play until two season ago, brought up in a Leith family, she has been a Hbby her whole life, she has now saw it and claimed it, she is Hibs daft. On Sunday my mum will tick off another dream in her wish list, to see the Proclaimers live, add to that its at the castle, as yet again, the Hibernians prove, we own the Capital.

Now my mum is a fit auld dear, but I dinnae want her taking a wee turn, I want her hoooooooooooking up the loaby all night.

So, where could I park, near the esplanade that would make it easy for Mum 1875 to meander to and from the castle without a wee turn and no costing a bomb? Do you pay for parking in the auld toon on Sundays?

My mum had never seen Hibs play until two season ago, brought up in a Leith family, she has been a Hbby her whole life, she has now saw it and claimed it, she is Hibs daft. On Sunday my mum will tick off another dream in her wish list, to see the Proclaimers live, add to that its at the castle, as yet again, the Hibernians prove, we own the Capital.

Now my mum is a fit auld dear, but I dinnae want her taking a wee turn, I want her hoooooooooooking up the loaby all night.

So, where could I park, near the esplanade that would make it easy for Mum 1875 to meander to and from the castle without a wee turn and no costing a bomb? Do you pay for parking in the auld toon on Sundays?
Going by the restrictions in place for Weller, the nearest you'll get with a car is George IV Bridge or Johnston Terrace. Might be worth dropping her at George IV and then going to park on Chambers Street? It won't be as much of a climb as the other route.

Sounds like a good idea as we plan to eat first, could head to Cafe Andaluz.

Bear in mind that the Castle is a dry venue and there will be loads of folk looking for alcohol/grub before the gig in the immediate area. Worth going in plenty time. Lawnmarket was hoachin' last week.

Booked 4 seats at Cafe Andaluz on the back of your suggestion, do you pay for parking on Chambers Street on a Sunday? Is it cash?

Not at that time of night?

Plan now in place, thanks. You Sabado o Domingo?

Sunday. It's a family birthday tonight and we'd other plans. Didn't intend going because of that and so have been to see them already on this tour at other Scottish venues like the Alhambra, which was like a Hibs convention. They didn't sing Streets of Edinburgh that night though, hoping that is an obvious one for the set list tomorrow. When they announced the Sunday option, we decided to go. 5 tickets later...

Hibs v St.Johnstone