• We have upgraded the theme which will allow us to add a lot of useful add-ones.

You can dismiss this as you would probably be raging if not.
  • Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Our chances of ever winning the Scottish Cup..

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
One final post on the subject: This is the list of teams to make cup finals in the last 30 years:

Scottish Cup:

Celtic 14 finals 10 winners
Rangers 12 finals 9 winners
Dundee United 7 finals 2 winners
Aberdeen 5 finals 3 winners
Heart of Midlothian 5 finals 3 winners
Hibernian 3 finals 0 winners
Motherwell 2 finals 1 winners
Airdrieonians 2 finals 0 winners
Falkirk 2 finals 0 winners
Dunfermline Athletic 2 finals 0 winners
Kilmarnock 1 finals 1 winners
St. Mirren 1 finals 1 winners
Ross County 1 finals 0 winners
Gretna 1 finals 0 winners
Dundee 1 finals 0 winners
Queen of the South 1 finals 0 winners

League Cup

Rangers 18 finals 16 winners
Celtic 12 finals 5 winners
Aberdeen 7 finals 3 winners
Hibernian 5 finals 2 winners
Kilmarnock 3 finals 1 winners
Dundee United 3 finals 0 winners
Heart of Midlothian 2 finals 0 winners
Dunfermline Athletic 2 finals 0 winners
St. Mirren 2 finals 1 winners
Raith Rovers 1 finals 1 winners
Livingston 1 finals 1 winners
Motherwell 1 finals 0 winners
St. Johnstone 1 finals 0 winners
Ayr United 1 finals 0 winners
Dundee 1 finals 0 winners

Totals:

Rangers 30 finals 25 winners
Celtic 26 finals 15 winners
Aberdeen 12 finals 6 winners
Dundee United 10 finals 2 winners
Hibernian 8 finals 2 winners
Heart of Midlothian 7 finals 3 winners
Kilmarnock 4 finals 2 winners
Dunfermline Athletic 4 finals 0 winners
St. Mirren 3 finals 2 winners
Motherwell 3 finals 1 winners
Airdrieonians 2 finals 0 winners
Falkirk 2 finals 0 winners
Dundee 2 finals 0 winners
Raith Rovers 1 finals 1 winners
Livingston 1 finals 1 winners
Ross County 1 finals 0 winners
Gretna 1 finals 0 winners
Queen of the South 1 finals 0 winners
St. Johnstone 1 finals 0 winners
Ayr United 1 finals 0 winners

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Celtic are really poor in the League cup :shock:

Scottish cup they are no nonsense though, no surprise really.

micnic1875

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I've said all along our best chance of winning the Scottish cup was season 2006/2007 when a rank rotten Celtic just managed to beat Dunfermline 1-0 in the final and this was the Dunfermline team that beat us midweek semi replay thanks to Hogg giving away that stupid penalty, i'm positive if we had taken care of the Pars that night we would have beaten Celtic in the final.

Lexo

Optomistic Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I personally think that far from our chances diminishing, I think we have more of a chance than previous years. After last year we have gone unbeaten in 5 derbies, won through a very difficult cup draw this year to get to the final.2 cup finals back to back is an achievement in itself and if we can get back again next year we wont be moaning. Onwards and upwards for us I think.

hibs1986

Bounce Radge
I'm going against the flow here but

I think we've been dreadfully unlucky to come up against the old firm and an overfunded Hearts team in our last 5 finals. Without doubt it was pretty poor to go 79 to 2001 without a final, and three semis 2005-2007 should have produced at least a final for an exceptional group of players.

We were rubbish at semi finals for years - now Fenlon has changed that, and I do wonder what would have happened had we played Celtic in the semi rather than the final.

The 111 years thing is a red herring, or maybe a red albatross. One factor in it is our appalling Scottish Cup Record against Celtic with only 1 win since 1902 - our record against everyone else is fine. We've beat Celtic twice out of our last 3 meetings in the league cup in nearly 30 years. If we'd replicated that in the Scottish...

What I seen yesterday was very good in a lot of ways - and Fenlon isn't to blame for 111 years, and neither are the players, Rod Petrie or Tom Farmer. They were all desperate to deliver for us, and they will.

We're superbly placed now to kick on
Tried to like this, but my 'like' button isnae working.:thumbgrin
Completely agree.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
On a positive note we are one year closer to winning it :hmmm

Steviie

Bounce Radge
....are diminishing every year admittedly, but for me anyway, they depend entirely on getting to as many finals as we can and playing against a team in the final whom we are either on a level with in terms of ability, or better than. The two consecutive Scottish Cup Finals we have just reached show that we are at long last a decent cup side and Pat Fenlon seems to have the ability as a manager to get us through awkward cup-ties, with the exception of the Queen of the South League Cup tie which he just used to give fringe players a run out. Last year, by fair means or foul, we were up against a superior side who showed on the day they were a superior side, just as they had done in the derbies throughout that season. Yes, they had cheated and many of those players and their manager they couldn't afford, but there they were and there we were. We were a team made up of cast-offs, loanees, and losers and we had just escaped relegation by a ba'hair. For me, we were never going to win that game. This year we were up against Celtic who never lose Scottish Cup Finals at Hampden and bossed that game completely yesterday intimidating our young players and showing all their big-match experience. I didn't think Hibs played badly at all yesterday, we played as well as we were allowed to play IMO but the game was over when Celtic scored two quick easy goals within the first 11 minutes.

Not for us it would appear the luck of the likes of Hearts and Dundee United, playing teams like Gretna and Ross County in the Scottish Cup Final, or even Kilmarnock a few years ago playing Falkirk. Whenever Hibs reach a Scottish Cup Final, and we have only reached 5 in my 42 years of being a Hibs fan, we almost always end up playing an Old Firm team, or last year when we were a poor team up against a fired up gunts side with better players than us. We just have to strive now to keep improving the team year after year and keep on trying to get to more Scottish Cup Finals, and who knows we may end up getting to another Scottish Cup Final soon hopefully against a team we have a realistic chance of beating. If we did that, i'm sure we would win.
I swear to god it has to be removing the harp from the west stand.. It's the curse !

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I swear to god it has to be removing the harp from the west stand.. It's the curse !
Bollox, but just so you can prove your point - When was the harp removed from the West Stand [Clue: If the answer is anything other than 1902-03 season then I reserve the right to go back to my original statement].

Sir Albert

Bounce Radge
I seem to remember being told this is the reason for a jinx when I was a boy. A lot of rubbish though, it's simply at times we have been not good enough or unlucky.

A lot of people talking about mentality, but then that doesn't explain why we have won League Cups.

Blackbeard

Bounce Radge
I've said all along our best chance of winning the Scottish cup was season 2006/2007 when a rank rotten Celtic just managed to beat Dunfermline 1-0 in the final and this was the Dunfermline team that beat us midweek semi replay thanks to Hogg giving away that stupid penalty, i'm positive if we had taken care of the Pars that night we would have beaten Celtic in the final.
...and the referee was?
http://youngpars.co.uk/story.php?ID=2517&CATEGORY=7-Match%20Reports

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors