• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

only an excuse..

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I tried.. it is the last year and I did try...but please just put this peice of shite to rest

I tried.. it is the last year and I did try...but please just put this peice of shite to rest
Its deed now thankfully. So bad

Never even gave it a chance

I watched it. Damn fine research to find a number of bits that were actually funny.

I decided to give it a miss.I saw someone actually said it was good this year.Must have been drunk.

BBC Glasgow at it's absolute worst.....thankfully it has now been put out of it's misery.

Didn't watch it, stopped watching years ago, it is typical of the BBC where they trot out the lazy jobs for the boys programming relying on what might have been amusing years ago. There is some good stuff being produced for BBC Scotland - Scot Squad and Two Doors Down are good.
But it seems that nobody checks content for relevance on Only an Excuse, i gather last year, not sure about this year's version, they still had Frank McAvennie on twenty plus years after he was in the news.....

It had become a kind of replacement for Scotch and Wry, and tapping into the older generation, and it became dumbed down because of it.

I think it suffered from a couple of things; the increasingly litigatious society which meant that some of it was cut by BBC lawyers and secondly they couldn't get away with cutting edge humour like Scotch and Wry did about Rangers and their non catholic signing policy. Different Eras. Anti Catholic Bigotry is more subtle in Scotland today, and there seems much less will to satirize. Fear of upsetting people, perhaps.

I seen the stage show at Edinburgh Playhouse what must be at least 25 years ago, and it was much more than the annual show. I think using the name was a mistake, and I hope it gets resurrected in a form truer to its original form at some point in the future.

It's a bit like off the ball, which whilst perhaps a welcome contrast to the other sports output of the BBC, is now so dumbed down, and a simple formula that it's far removed from what it was originally. "Here's team of the week, and first player in is Tommy Ring of Clyde" - It was funnier when Shellsuit Bob and Grado took it over for a while, even although they are both orcs.

Didn't watch it, stopped watching years ago, it is typical of the BBC where they trot out the lazy jobs for the boys programming relying on what might have been amusing years ago. There is some good stuff being produced for BBC Scotland - Scot Squad and Two Doors Down are good.
But it seems that nobody checks content for relevance on Only an Excuse, i gather last year, not sure about this year's version, they still had Frank McAvennie on twenty plus years after he was in the news.....
Aye, when you think of some of the really good stuff being produced by Scots and all that BBCweege could think of for Hogmanay is that fossilised drone and his totally unfunny crap - the same t.u.c. year after year after bloody year.

Now, one of the very funniest movies I've seen this year was directed by a Scotsman - Ianucci's 'Death of Stalin'. That's what I watched first off in 2021. I recommend it.

This thread has been viewed 721 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50