One Neil Lennon (1 Viewer)

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Registered
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks Neil for being our manager and standing up to the board even though that's what ended your time here. Disgusted at other Hibbys with all the shite they posted about you, you were a winner that brought the glory days back to our club, Europe, finishing close to Second/Third in the league. You got Hibs and we loved the way you stuck it up the scum with your celebrations etc.

" Our board we will never be as ambitious as you"

You will be very hard to place but I thank you for being our Manager!!

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Thanks Neil for being our manager and standing up to the board even though that's what ended your time here. Disgusted at other Hibbys with all the shite they posted about you, you were a winner that brought the glory days back to our club, Europe, finishing close to Second/Third in the league. You got Hibs and we loved the way you stuck it up the scum with your celebrations etc.

Qualifying for Europe and finishing 4th in the league , come on mates its hardly glory days . Decent manager without a doubt but only a winner at Celtic if we're honest

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Overall his record will dictate that he will be remembered as a success. However, along with Stubbs, Mowbray and McLeish in my lifetime very much a case of "What if" and "Not quite".

Bigjimjr.1875

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score

Sorry I don’t agree either.
Promoted from championship and a good finish the next season (which tends to happen with a team promoted and having a winning mentality)was good! But 8th in January and 2 wins in 14? Not good enough...
we had a good squad already - yes
We lost good players-yes
Hibs as a club are abit tight as per-yes
The argument will rumble on I’m sure but he totally lost his way in my eyes with team selection /formation/attitude
plus almost every manger has a short shelve life
2.5years is good so thanks Neil but we move on GGTTH

Reactions: WJC1848

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Registered
Reaction score

Well said he was a warrior who wouldn’t take second best or let people bend us over a ram us

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

Crikey!

That's the very opposite of what Neil said - both when he was our man, and also in his joint statement with Rodders!

Bit harsh to call him a liar, or imply that he has bent over for cash, or Rodders.

I liked Neil - sorry the roller coaster ride is over.

I do agree that some of the shite written about Neil is very poor patter.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Neil Lennon overall was very good for Hibs, and Hibs were very good for him...however the fact is that when it came time for him to build his own team for his third season and maintain the standard set, he fell well short. First two seasons were excellent, but what he achieved in those two seasons is what I would have expected any Hibernian manager to have achieved given where we were when he arrived.
Really sorry it has ended in this shitey way but that's football. Hopefully our next boss can drive the club forward, get the club back into Europe and land a trophy.
All the best Neil and Garry and thanks for everything.

Reactions: greencol

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I think the fact that many on here have pretty regularly questioned his selections , substitutions and tactics tells you he is replaceable . Those things along with our win rate and league position I think back this up

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Well if you believe in the theory of parallel universes that may not be strictly true.There may be many Neil Lennons.

Bossie

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I think the fact that many on here have pretty regularly questioned his selections , substitutions and tactics tells you he is replaceable . Those things along with our win rate and league position I think back this up
Exactly where I'm at - really sad that it ended this way but I'm nowhere near as gutted as I was when Stubbs walked.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Exactly where I'm at - really sad that it ended this way but I'm nowhere near as gutted as I was when Stubbs walked.
It did take the shine off the cup win being so soon after , nice we're on the same page about something i guess

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Overall did a reasonable job at Hibs and thank him for some good times especially two wins at Ibrox, with hindsight probably should have gone last summer, 8th place in January is extremely disappointing.

Alarm bells were ringing a while ago after some comments a first team player made about his style of management.

Bossie

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
It did take the shine off the cup win being so soon after , nice we're on the same page about something i guess
We're all Hibees, we all want the best for the club. All we do is debate the details of how we get there - no one is right or wrong.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
We're all Hibees, we all want the best for the club. All we do is debate the details of how we get there - no one is right or wrong.
Reported.

Far too sensible.

Reactions: WJC1848

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Good luck Neil. But truth is had a better offer came for him he woulda jumped ship anyway. Gave us lots to be happy about for a time though

Power

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
All great fun.

Promotion.

Heading to Glasgow expecting big performances. Two wins at Ibrox in one season and setting up to win 6-0 at home.

Win rate against the ‘bigger teams’ favourably.

Two semi’s in two seasons.

Highest points total.

European run.

Next head coach will follow on from two managers with levels of success that will be hard not to compare against as much as you really shouldn’t.

C4MMY

Registered
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
When it was going good it was great but when it wasn’t it wasn’t exactly brilliant. 2 wins in 14 is sackable on its own and already think we are probably 3 points better off after Sunday as I’m not sure the change of formation would have been mads

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
He was one of the better managers we've had recently. I don't quite understand the "best in my lifetime" adulation thats come from some corners.

Anyway, he's gone now.

Next.

Reactions: FTJT

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I like Neil Lennon, I was delighted we appointed him and I'm glad he managed us and improved a very good side. He made them more accomplished winners and gave alot of you some great trips abroad.

But that was before. It's painfully obvious it's not working this season, we can blame the players that left all we want. At the end of the day it's his job to put a team out there to perform. Find me someone that wasn't dumbfounded at that Kilmarnock lineup?
He knew his budget and if everything is to be believed, he fought to get a better budget in the summer and won... Mind he said he'd leave if his ambitions weren't met.
He didn't leave. He signed players and didn't make it work.
He's not the same guy as last season, he doesn't ooze passion, it was a constant battle for him.
Him moving on was probably for the best, it won't be the end of the world.
The circumstances are a bit of a disaster however.. But thats another matter.

Cheers Neil

wonder whats next

Reactions: 1875 and HibeeZab

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel