• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Old Firm to bid for SPL TV rights.

TranentHibee

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
According to this article by Keith Jackshun.

OLD FIRM'S BID TO BUY SPL TELEVISION - The Daily Record

Fcuk.That.

No danger should the OF be allowed to dictate the footballing calender to suit their own means.Imagine the outcry from both clubs if Rod Petrie & Tommy Farmer saw the same opportunity and announced that Hibs would be running the TV deal in Scotland? It would never happen.

The SPL clubs should show some cojones on this one, see the long term gain in not cedeing to the OF and tell them to GTF.

They can get fucked. They were the two clubs who scuppered SPL TV because they didn't believe in the concept.

I think this is a great opportunity to get rid of the gruesome twosome. The rest of the SPL should resign from the league, and lets see how the tramps like watching an OF derby every week.

I wouldn't throw it out totally. The Sky ESPN joint bid is a total joke.

I wouldn't throw it out totally. The Sky ESPN joint bid is a total joke.

Anything that makes those two stronger cannot be entertained by the other SPL members.The ESPN offer may well be a joke, or a reflection on the current marketability of Scottish football, but it's a level playing field with regards to TV money.No danger can two of the football teams playing in the league have control of the TV deal....much like Murdoch/Sky when they tried to buy Manchester United and the monopolies commission told them to bolt, the SPL should tell the OF to bolt.

Yeah, but the key difference is it wouldn't be permanent like Murdoch's Man U bid. Personally, I would prefer any option to having the rights split over two subscription channels, especially when that option is for a paltry 13m a season. Sky are paying Burnley 60m for one EPL season FFS:banger:, and parachute money when as is likely they go down.

The best solution is an SPL tv on the Virgin Media platform using Setanta's staff and infrastructure. Better that than Murdoch's carve up or the OF offer. Would mean fronting start up costs and forgoing up front payments for future subscription and advertising revenue.

I think this is a great opportunity to get rid of the gruesome twosome. The rest of the SPL should resign from the league, and lets see how the tramps like watching an OF derby every week.

Sounds like a good laugh.

Don't they already run the TV coverage in Scotland?
Bluenose Bastard Corporation/Strathclyde TeleVision
TV cameras must be a permanent fixture at darkheid and greyskull.
1 reason I didn't get Setanta was one of them were on every week, Hibs are only on if we were playing the huns or tics or yams sometimes the odd other game , they were only televised at away games unless they were playing each other in a mould firm game huge hype for a nil-nil game.

at least SKY vary their coverage of different teams as well as the "big4"

bring back Arthur Montford, and highlights on a saturday night/sunday afternoon

They can get fucked. They were the two clubs who scuppered SPL TV because they didn't believe in the concept.

Spot on.

Despite indicating their agreement right up until the eleventh hour.
A total (and cynical) betrayal of their fellow clubs.

I'd rather see the Clubs with NO DEAL than one controlled by them.

Tell them to bolt.

As somebody already said, the other 10 should resign from the league if this happens or force Celtic and Rangers to put up or fuck off.:coffee:

Tell them to bolt.

As somebody already said, the other 10 should resign from the league if this happens or force Celtic and Rangers to put up or fuck off.:coffee:

remember when that happened last time? Everyone but Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen shat their bricks and went back to them.

This deal cannot, and will not go through. Any deal needs to be agreed by an 8-4 majority, are six teams really going to believe that being dictated to by the old firm is viable.

Also this shows how much of a joke the "old firm hatred" is. The two of them are clearly business partners willing to do NOTHING about sectarianism, so that they can exploit it for financial gain. I hope both of them fuck off and go bust. As soon as possible

remember when that happened last time? Everyone but Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen shat their bricks and went back to them.

This deal cannot, and will not go through. Any deal needs to be agreed by an 8-4 majority, are six teams really going to believe that being dictated to by the old firm is viable.

Also this shows how much of a joke the "old firm hatred" is. The two of them are clearly business partners willing to do NOTHING about sectarianism, so that they can exploit it for financial gain. I hope both of them fuck off and go bust. As soon as possible[/QUOTE]

Fecking A.

Twa cheeks of the same Arse.

We dont need them, they need us. A 10 team SPL is viable.(or 12 if we invite Dumphy and Dundee ).

Let them host a weekly bigotfest....

There's no way I wanna see a Hibs match (or any other non OF club) on HunTic TV. Jeez. Has it really come to this? I know that ESPN and/or Sky want to shaft the SPL but do we really want to watch games on the Bigot Brothers Corp?

Fair make me wanna puke. A**eholes! :banger:

Usually in a thread there is something that is arguable and if I find it, I argue about it.

Not so on this thread because I agree with everybody - even the Doc - and that in itself is unusual.

Fukk Rantic and their bigotted ideology and fukk their idea for a Bigot Bros run SPL TV show which would be nothing more than a glorifed hun and dodger extravaganza.

Usually in a thread there is something that is arguable and if I find it, I argue about it.

Not so on this thread because I agree with everybody - even the Doc - and that in itself is unusual.

Fukk Rantic and their bigotted ideology and fukk their idea for a Bigot Bros run SPL TV show which would be nothing more than a glorifed hun and dodger extravaganza.

The more I think about it, the more excited I get about an OF free SPL. They bring absolutely nothing to Scottish sport (Unless you count them disgracing the rest of us on European TV on and off the pitch). I dont go to games at ER when they are playing us because of the hassle I would get on the train from , especially , the Rangers bams.

Saying that, I can remember getting on the train at falkirk high through to the capital after an OF game (not wearing Hibs colours), to be met with almost the entire train being full of both sets of OF fans in roughly the same numbers. And believe it or not, they were pretty cordial to each other , both agreeing with each other that each team was "Shite" (The game was a draw I think). One drunk Hun was intent on starting the "Sash" etc, but he was hushed by his fellow fans! Must be a much better class of OF fans in Edina!

No it isn't.

:coffee:

Don't ever read the rag, not even going to look at the link, esp written by that hun fecker.casper
I just bet they are talking it right up, totally ignoring the thoughts of the rest of the clubs, would be very surprised if there is any one saying that it might not be in the best interests of Scottish footballdanni
They can feck right off.

Fuck them and all who sail on them.

Let them play each other every week.

After all they keep telling us ita a 2 team league

That Lying Hun Bastard Jackson said:

Both Old Firm clubs are furious that most other SPL teams seem willing to accept the "derisory" s65million, five-year deal on offer from ESPN and Sky.

Rangers and Celtic are preparing to offer more than s25million to buy the rights for two years.

They claim that the other 10 clubs will each earn more cash if they accept their deal.

Now correct me if am wrong but when does 65M over 5 years(Mickey Mouse deal= 13M) become less than 25M over 2 years(Hun/SDB deal= 12.5M) :dunno:

And what does the s in "s25million" mean, is that "sweeties" :coffee:

Now correct me if am wrong but when does 65M over 5 years(Mickey Mouse deal= 13M) become less than 25M over 2 years(Hun/SDB deal= 12.5M) :dunno:

:thumbgrin

I'm not sure I understand the offer.

Does it mean that the Bigots pay the rest of the SPL for the rights - and then try and cut their own deal?
In which case presumably none of the cash they offer will go back to them.... effectively they take a hit and then hope to recoup that cash via their own tv channels?
Or maybe not....

I can't believe the OF are cynical enough to call other offers derisory and then offer less. I sincerely hope and believe the other SPL clubs will tell them to gtf.

This offer shows the degree of collaboration that exists between these two clubs. Despite the pedigree of mutual hatred their fans have displayed over generations, their respective boards can cook something cute between themselves when it serves them and nobody else.

The non-OF clubs are probably going to be split over this unless someone comes up with an alternative offer. Time is the crucial factor, but there is an opportunity for someone enterprising to step in and clean up.

same points i was going to make

I'm not sure I understand the offer.

Does it mean that the Bigots pay the rest of the SPL for the rights - and then try and cut their own deal?
In which case presumably none of the cash they offer will go back to them.... effectively they take a hit and then hope to recoup that cash via their own tv channels?
Or maybe not....

I was thinking the same thing.

just dinny let their TV crews into ER. That'll stop the feckers

Fcuk right off!

These two disgraceful excuses for football clubs should take thier brainwashed, secterian fans and GTF for gid.

The niavity of them, stating that the ESPN deal is "derisory" and then offering less. shhhh

Twats :boxing:

No it isn't.

:coffee:

I think you'll find you are wrong Doc:dub40:

I read on the bus earlier on a superb piece by Bill Leckie in The Sun.

I can't find a link but he calls it spot-on. Tells them to GTF and refers to them as 'Bigot Brothers'.:applause:

I'd urge everyone to drop a wee email to Rod Petrie urging Hibs to oppose this 100%.

They only need another 6 clubs to agree though and IMHO they'll get it...

Should it happen then it is IMHO 110% confirmation of the death of Scottish Football.

I read on the bus earlier on a superb piece by Bill Leckie in The Sun.

I can't find a link but he calls it spot-on. Tells them to GTF and refers to them as 'Bigot Brothers'.:applause:

I'd urge everyone to drop a wee email to Rod Petrie urging Hibs to oppose this 100%.

They only need another 6 clubs to agree though and IMHO they'll get it...

Should it happen then it is IMHO 110% confirmation of the death of Scottish Football.

And thus their mission completed.

Always thought that was what they have been trying to do for ages, the collapse of Scottish football would leave the way open for them to saunter down south.

Is scottish football going to do what is right for the game, or a quick buck.

Sky offer is shocking, as someone said on here, if burnley even get relegated this season, they will get 60million quid, compared to 65m for SPL OVER 5 years.
But the bigot two too offer less, albeit over only 2 years, is just unbelievable and fecking insulting to every club.

It cannot happen.

This thread has been viewed 2997 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50