Noisey F$#*ING Neighbours

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £26.37

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Sorry to hear about your woes MSG. How big is your flat? Might sound drastic but cant you fire up some industrial strength soundproofing between their floor and your ceiling? Would need to replace the ceiling plasterboard after sound wouldnt be that cheap, but it would be a fix. Hope it works out.
Thanks. I'm not sure that'd work too well with my setup. Had a read about doing this and I think it's only really recommended for higher ceilings. As you said pricey as hell too.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Further twists in this saga. Wrote to the complaint advisers manager and told them I am not happy with the responses, actions and attitude of the person I spoke to who was imo incredibly rude. Asked how I report on to whoever regulates their department. Also threatened to go to my local MP and a solicitor. Got a call a couple of days later telling me they were now trying to contact the landlord and they have sent him a recorded letter the past week. I'm now at a stage 1 noise complaint but the problem is still gaining proof of thr noise as nothing I record can be used which is quite ridiculous. She used some ridiculous phrase like professional proof. Really? Beyond belief.

My neighbour above the offending flat is also reporting regular noise. For the time being I need to keep building the incident numbers with the police. Life is stressful enough as it is at the moment and to have this ongoing... This just seems like it'll never end.

BarcaHibs

New radge
I had a look and weirdly Ed Council doesnt have any regulation on levels of noise (in dBs) thats permitted during different times of the day. Either that or I missed them. I'm in Barcelona and we have a max noise of 60 dB daytime, 50 at night. Anything over that we can complain. There are some apps that will record dB levels using your phone and track them over time. They give a max/min level over a period. Would it be worth checking to see the levels and recording them? Would give you some evidence to back everything up. When the kids are running about for sure it will spike up.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I had a look and weirdly Ed Council doesnt have any regulation on levels of noise (in dBs) thats permitted during different times of the day. Either that or I missed them. I'm in Barcelona and we have a max noise of 60 dB daytime, 50 at night. Anything over that we can complain. There are some apps that will record dB levels using your phone and track them over time. They give a max/min level over a period. Would it be worth checking to see the levels and recording them? Would give you some evidence to back everything up. When the kids are running about for sure it will spike up.
60 decibels seems a bit extreme for daytime noise? Not particularly loud.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
Mine is going to seem very small fry but it’s annoying. They are decent neighbours actually but in the back yard, next to my bedroom, they have out this shelter over their patio and it’s like some kind of corrugated roof. When it rains, all I hear is drip drip drip drip drip drip. Infuriates the fuck out of me when trying to sleep

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I actually never thought to look for an app to measure the noise levels. I might do that thanks. I know Amazon sell devices that log dB level and had been thinking about ordering one.

The most insane thing about this ridiculous situation is that I can't provide any evidence. So I have a string of audio recordings and even video recorded in my own home. I can't use any of it.

I'm going to see what the council say this week. I'm very close to going to my local MP. Waiting to hear if the sh&%$ head of a landlord has received their recorded letter from the council which I should hear about in the next day or two.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here