• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

No more funds

westsidehibs

Private Member
Reaction score

Going to be a long season everyone.

Going to be a long season everyone.
Nah.
If we're pish, it will be quite short.

Let's hope Hecky knows how to polish turds.

Something stinks.

Something stinks.
Yip said that the day , something doesn't add up

Nah.
If we're pish, it will be quite short.

Can see myself being in the pub on a Saturday Afternoon more times than at the actual games this season.

Something stinks.

Looking at what’s went out player-wise, and what’s come in player-wise, and then adding in SJM money and clearance of debt etc, I’m at a loss - even with my fag packet calculation?

Unless we are paying these new guys megabucks, I can’t see how we’re busted in terms of budget? Unless it’s smaller than last year’s?

Bit bizarre. Even more concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we released far more players and brought in 7 and the budget has been spent, something no right here!!

There possible scenarios here..

1) Heckingbottom has spunked the budget on our latest galacticos from down South.

2) He is bluffing.

3) The budget is not particularly competitive and we are happy with a top 6 place.

We are Beige FC at the moment..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Fuck off.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I can reassure the budget isn’t smaller than last year.

What the club has done is replaced a lot of short term back ups, youth and loans plus Mark & Marvin with first team players (some commanding a fee), minimal loan deals.

Ideally we’ll see some of that trust and investment returned from Saturday onwards.

In: Scott Allan, midfielder (Celtic); Joe Newell, midfielder (Rotherham United); Adam Jackson, defender (Barnsley); Josh Vela, midfielder (Bolton Wanderers); Christian Doidge, forward (Forest Green Rovers, undisclosed); Tom James, defender (Yeovil Town).

Loan: Chris Maxwell, goalkeeper (Preston North End). Glenn Middleton, midfielder (Rangers).

Out: Marvin Bartley, midfielder (Livingston); Ross Laidlaw, goalkeeper (Ross County); Mark Milligan, defender (Southend United); Miquel Nelom, defender; Gael Bigirimana, midfielder; Jonathan Spector, defender; Lewis Allan, forward (Raith Rovers); Kane O'Connor, defender (Brentford); Callum Donaldson, defender; Kevin Waugh, defender (Berwick Rangers); Ruari Paton, forward (East Kilbride).

Loan ended: Marc McNulty, forward (Reading); Ryan Gauld, midfielder (Sporting Lisbon); Stephane Omeonga, midfielder (Genoa); Thomas Agyepong, midfielder (Manchester City); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Liverpool); Darnell Johnson, defender (Leicester City).

That Brian McLaughlin think it is does my fucking tits it. Fucking tool. Ban the *&*^, just a shit stirrer.

What the club has done is replaced a lot of short term back ups, youth and loans plus Mark & Marvin with first team players (some commanding a fee), minimal loan deals.

Ideally we’ll see some of that trust and investment returned from Saturday onwards.

In: Scott Allan, midfielder (Celtic); Joe Newell, midfielder (Rotherham United); Adam Jackson, defender (Barnsley); Josh Vela, midfielder (Bolton Wanderers); Christian Doidge, forward (Forest Green Rovers, undisclosed); Tom James, defender (Yeovil Town).

Loan: Chris Maxwell, goalkeeper (Preston North End). Glenn Middleton, midfielder (Huns).

Out: Marvin Bartley, midfielder (Livingston); Ross Laidlaw, goalkeeper (Ross County); Mark Milligan, defender (Southend United); Miquel Nelom, defender; Gael Bigirimana, midfielder; Jonathan Spector, defender; Lewis Allan, forward (Raith Rovers); Kane O'Connor, defender (Brentford); Callum Donaldson, defender; Kevin Waugh, defender (Berwick Huns); Ruari Paton, forward (East Kilbride).

Loan ended: Marc McNulty, forward (Reading); Ryan Gauld, midfielder (Sporting Lisbon); Stephane Omeonga, midfielder (Genoa); Thomas Agyepong, midfielder (Manchester City); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Liverpool); Darnell Johnson, defender (Leicester City).

It still doesn't clear up why so many players have left (freeing up their wages), our ST sales, the McGinn money and his promotion money and whatever money HSL are bringing in, your not telling me that all that money has gone on short term back ups, or has the budget been taken up by bigger wages for the ones brought in,

Sorry mate, not having a go at you but something isn't right.

I have to admit that I am disgusted at Hibs , If this is true

Seems about right to me. Wage budget will be similar to last season.

We’re still sitting on a right few quid for the new indoor felly.

Last year was worse but nae cnut fukn questioned things as we had the Euro run. We sat on the McGinn transfer dough and pocketed around 400k for each of three euro games (UEFA and gate money before expenses).

Lemmings

It still doesn't clear up why so many players have left (freeing up their wages), our ST sales, the McGinn money and his promotion money and whatever money HSL are bringing in, your not telling me that all that money has gone on short term back ups, or has the budget been taken up by bigger wages for the ones brought in,

Sorry mate, not having a go at you but something isn't right.

Who apart from Doidge did we pay a fee for i wonder ?

Who apart from Doidge did we pay a fee for i wonder ?

Reported 250/300k Daz but even with that it doesn't account for the income that was saved and brought in.

Reported 250/300k Daz but even with that it doesn't account for the income that was saved and brought in.

Fuck knows mate , i had high hopes for this season but unless we improve massively the top 6 will once again be a fuckin struggle and any team on a losing streak will end it against us .

Fuck knows mate , i had high hopes for this season but unless we improve massively the top 6 will once again be a fuckin struggle and any team on a losing streak will end it against us .

If those players don't improve then questions need to be asked to Heck & Co and the recruitment team as the budget could have been spent on much better players and don't ask that Puppet Cliff at Hibs TV to question them as he may greet whilst doing it.

I am concerned about our season mate I really am

Loan: Chris Maxwell, goalkeeper (Preston North End). Glenn Middleton, midfielder (Huns).

Out: Marvin Bartley, midfielder (Livingston); Ross Laidlaw, goalkeeper (Ross County); Mark Milligan, defender (Southend United); Miquel Nelom, defender; Gael Bigirimana, midfielder; Jonathan Spector, defender; Lewis Allan, forward (Raith Rovers); Kane O'Connor, defender (Brentford); Callum Donaldson, defender; Kevin Waugh, defender (Berwick Huns); Ruari Paton, forward (East Kilbride).

So the budget is the same as last year even though more money has been saved with all the released players and mginn money plus money due to farmer ?

Can somebody with football manager do a breakdown of the budgets this year and last ta

A Celtic player,A Hun player,4 Championship players and 2 lower league players.
That isnae cheap.

Reactions: Zab
That isnae cheap.

Fair enough but so far it looks like its been a bit of a waste

That isnae cheap.
Signing on fees too for new recruits. Even with that it's still alarming to hear we have no more funds unless Oli goes out.

Despite HSL and season tickets it's like it still isn't good enough for Hibs. Considering what's happened at the club with the whole Lennygate saga and the disappointing season which has passed they are lucky to have sold nearly 13K ST's. The fans have done their part for the club, it's time for them to repay that faith in assembling a decent team and providing the results.

Fair enough but so far it looks like its been a bit of a waste
Aye,time will tell i suppose.
Oot the door if they’re pish and we start again.

Signing on fees too for new recruits. Even with that it's still alarming to hear we have no more funds unless Oli goes out.

Despite HSL and season tickets it's like it still isn't good enough for Hibs. Considering what's happened at the club with the whole Lennygate saga and the disappointing season which has passed they are lucky to have sold nearly 13K ST's. The fans have done their part for the club, it's time for them to repay that faith in assembling a decent team and providing the results.

That’s the reality of where we are as a club,it’s a bit gash but we need to wait and see what plans Ron and the board come up wi.

Aye,time will tell i suppose.
Oot the door if they’re pish and we start again.

Aye once again , we rarely seem to do anything else

If this is it I think we'll struggle badly, neither the team nor the performances have matched the managers chat, chat is all it has proven tae be so far. Even if I still thought he knew what he was talking aboot I'm even less sure this current squad is anywhere near capable of carrying it off. I think we're in for a lot mair dull pedestrian sideways fitba.

Nice wee hidden and clever agenda from the journalist Brian Mclauglin (who is really rather good) as he drew out of PHB that Hibs are finished in the transfer market this season.

Its a follow up to his question of a few weeks ago when he directly asked PHB if the new owner had increased the players budget to which PHB replied with a categoric No.

The obvious question though isn't this deflection that "Is the player budget the same as last year"? because of course it is.

The question is why after a so called injection of £1.5m in working capital and a £600,000 saving in Mr Farmers loan repayments and arguably the Villa promotion bonus money is the player budget still the same?

The answer could be that its early days and the new owner is looking around and weighing up all his options or the answer could be that we were sold a complete dummy.

Of more interest though was the good news that Lewis is very close to game time so if he doesn't make Saturday then he will make the Saintees game as Mackie will be suspended.

It was also a revelation that they want Oli out (on loan initially) but only if they can get a replacement in.

Oli really is the 3rd choice striker and PHB didnt really seem all that bothered if Oli was to leave permanently and for his part a loan or otherwise seems to be Oli's preference as well as he seems to be the one pushing to leave.

Last edited:
Nice wee hidden and clever agenda from the journalist Brian Mclauglin (who is really rather good) as he drew out of PHB that Hibs are finished in the transfer market this season.

Its a follow up to his question of a few weeks ago when he directly asked PHB if the new owner had increased the players budget to which PHB replied with a categoric No.

The obvious question though isn't this deflection that "Is the player budget the same as last year"? because of course it is.

The question is why after a so called injection of £1.5m in working capital and a £600,000 saving in Mr Farmers loan repayments and arguably the Villa promotion bonus money is the player budget still the same?

The answer could be that its early days and the new owner is looking around and weighing up all his options or the answer could be that we were sold a complete dummy.

Of more interest though was the good news that Lewis is very close to game time so if he doesn't make Saturday then he will make the Saintees game as Mackie will be suspended.

It was also a revelation that they want Oli out (on loan initially) but only if they can get a replacement in.

Oli really is the 3rd choice striker and PHB didnt really seem all that bothered if Oli was to leave permanently and for his part a loan or otherwise seems to be Oli's preference as well as he seems to be the one pushing to leave.
Hecky did say he'd like Oli to stay and fight for his place. Realistically we need a better player in.

The accounts will be interesting.

I am astonished with this no more money left for signings statement.With the current squad as it stands we will not make top six.The more I hear Hecky the less I like.

Hecky did say he'd like Oli to stay and fight for his place. Realistically we need a better player in.

Agreed but I didn't think there was that much conviction in his argument on behalf of someone his boss thought was one of Europes top prospect.

I was surprised as well that Hibs are going to try to see the 1st half of the season out with just the three strikers all of whom are your characteristic "big man up top".

Where is Simon Murray when you need him? (HaHa) but in all seriousness we do look rather predictable and short of forwards.

The discipline is gone...back to the boy band status, swanning in at half 10 leaving at half 1. Even stubbsy had them in at 9-3 as did Lenny and some american arsehole owns every bit of us, we have nae cash, shit manager, abso shit players signed bar 2 and apparently no money to get anyone, and folk complained about Lennon ?

Is Heckingbottom trying to embarrass the club into giving him more?

His blunt Yorkshire "tells it likes I see it" approach to discussing the player budget seems like a subtle way of saying its not enough.

This season we lost about 800 season ticket holders from last year. If we continue this penny pinching way, it’s gonna be down another thousand or so again. When the die hards start seeing through this pish, it will be hard to get them back.

The club NEVER push the boat out. We’d rather underspend than overspend. Any successful business takes a chance now and again. We badly lack quality, the club needs to badly invest. Love or hate Lennon, he was right. The club lacked his and our ambition.

Agreed but I didn't think there was that much conviction in his argument on behalf of someone his boss thought was one of Europes top prospect.

I was surprised as well that Hibs are going to try to see the 1st half of the season out with just the three strikers all of whom are your characteristic "big man up top".

Where is Simon Murray when you need him? (HaHa) but in all seriousness we do look rather predictable and short of forwards.
I think we'll predominantly be playing one up top with supporting wingers. I'd personally rather see us play a 3-5-2 setup against most teams or a variation of this.

Hecky would have loved SM.

We seem to have more analysts and football operations staff than strikers now. Nice work if you can get it.

Flippant..maybe..but it's a serious point when budgets are mentioned. We seem to have grown exponentially in support staff that are included in the personnel playing budget. That was a sobering post I read on here the other day that listed our employees.

Are we getting value from them and how is it measured..the last 2 Summer windows haven't been unqualified successes imo. The Winter windows have seen us have to use the Loan markets to repair the damage.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The discipline is gone...back to the boy band status, swanning in at half 10 leaving at half 1. Even stubbsy had them in at 9-3 as did Lenny and some american arsehole owns every bit of us, we have nae cash, shit manager, abso shit players signed bar 2 and apparently no money to get anyone, and folk complained about Lennon ?

Fuck me....

This thread has been viewed 8761 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50