• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

No just back

hibeesbounceross

Since 1875
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
No surprise last night and won’t be too disheartened by a defeat there. Thought we pressed high and kept enough in the final third to hit them on the break. Unfortunately the balance of the starting 11, along with players being played out of position, waa all wrong.

What’s more upsetting is the lack of leadership from LD/RP. I am not expecting a detailed account of what happened between NL and others and respect that corporate law/contracts mean we’ll never know the exacts; however some form of statement/message trying to reassure the support with a bit of a rallying call wouldn’t go a miss. Instead it’s been deafly silent all round with the exception of May’s conferences. Dangerous game being played with us given the state of our league position and ST renewal time nearby.

Just when I thought we’d cracked the communication at the club we’ve taken a giant, backwards leap.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Yip, this is what he said...

"I like to think the supporters know the way we work by now that we don’t offer up knee-jerk reactions. We have what I think is a robust player identification and recruitment structure in place at HTC. That’s a process that never stops. I appreciate there has been some disappointments – not least someone like Martin Boyle going from the high of being named in the Australian squad for the Asian Cup to being ruled out of action. That’s one area we weren’t anticipating having to move on, but we knew there was a possibility that we would have to recruit in other areas of the team. We wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we weren’t planning for that eventuality. We have a month to bring people in, to bolster the squad and set us up for the second half of the season. I’m confident we’ll be in good shape come the end of the transfer window. It’s important to be as strong as you can by the end of the month. It’s not always about signing right now but when it’s right. We’ll never sign someone for the sake of it and sometimes if it’s a case of holding out for the people we really want then we’ll do that rather than compromise on quality."

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that.

I'm not taking that as being a 'latter stage transfer' policy at all - more a we try and identify what players we are going to target early and this is ongoing, not simply during the window - but we got caught out by Squirrel getting a dull one.
It's only the last sentence that suggests holding out, and we'd all agree there's no point in signing players just for the sake of it. (Although I'd question if we get that right with some of the 'cover' players we have picked up and never saw the light of day!

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
So you think it's Hibs' policy to wait until the last minute to add players, or at the very least NOT try and sign any early.

Interesting.

I wonder why the Board do that.
Considering we do the same every transfer window it certainly looks like a last minute transfer policy.
Why do they do it? remember at school when the fat kid used to get picked last because nobody really wanted him.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Considering we do the same every transfer window it certainly looks like a last minute transfer policy.
Why do they do it? remember at school when the fat kid used to get picked last because nobody really wanted him.
I've lost a bit of weight since then, but thanks for the reminder.
It's getting the right players though rather than the timing.
You could have picked the fat kid first, but that wouldn't have strengthened the team much. (Although I would have played in goals.)

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Yeah we really secured that much needed quality.... Hibs have really fucked up this season. Huge pressure on Saturday. Raith will come with a decent support and it'll be no gimme.
Their fans really fancy their chances , they reckon they're bringing 1900

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Good on them, I'd be fancying mine too if I was one of them.
But. They're gonna lose regardless.
There will be no dancing in the streets of Raith this weekend.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Why it seemed the obvious thing to appoint a Stubbs until the summer. He would have immediately lifted the support and more importantly the squad. Then in the summer with more and possibly better candidates available a huge opportunity to assess everything.
In one respect yes, but, an interim is just that and he will have limited authority to make changes when he is not here for the long term.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Diamond formation didn't work. Rodgers got his players into wide areas of the park and Mackie in particular had a torrid time.

Marciano and Stevenson for me can collect their wages without embarrassment.

Midfield was simply dreadful. Oli ineffective. SDG picked up his ST for the physio room again.

The team are all over the place mentality wise. Leadership and drive missing. Except for Darren. Flo's head is not right.

The atmosphere was not good either. A fair bit of arguing amongst the fans. Inter and intra squabbling. My laddie was hit on the back of the head by a missile thrown from the home end. Might have been one of the imaginary soup bowls they spent half the game using...weirdos.

It's a thing of duty at present, following this team.
Yes - A thing of duty is a good way of putting it .
But I got so hacked off a few years back that I couldn’t justify going blindly every week anymore .
Being subject to decisions made by half wits and then sitting through ninety minutes watching a team of half wits that couldn’t pass a ball five yards to a guy in a Hibs’ shirt .
Been to 8 games this season though and going on Saturday .
I guess that means there’s a good chance I’m a half wit too

Fritz

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Might have been one of the imaginary soup bowls they spent half the game using...weirdos.
Never quite got that. I'm guessing that we're supposed to feel insulted by it but given that most of our support are Scots who don't pretend to be Irish, i don't quite get their point :unsurey:

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Good on them, I'd be fancying mine too if I was one of them.
But. They're gonna lose regardless.
Fuckin hope so or I'll need to take a week off

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Never quite got that. I'm guessing that we're supposed to feel insulted by it but given that most of our support are Scots who don't pretend to be Irish, i don't quite get their point :unsurey:
It's a bigoted insult suggesting we have sold out our Irishness. They are parodies of themselves. Like an Only an Excuse bingo full house.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Funniest thing last night was the Hibs fans handing out glow sticks to take the piss out of their disco.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel