• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

No just back

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Wonder when the new signings will start, May must have had a good look at them now , does he think they aren't any better than what we have.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Can we add the board, owners and football dept to the list of those who have given up.

Not a show of leadership from anyone, absolutely disgrace for all involved
Amongst all the turmoil over the past few weeks, not a peep from anyone at the club. All we got was a piss poor statement on the clubs website. Nothing from LD or Petrie. I understand it's none of our business, they are very clear about that, but you'd think something might have been said.

I'm sure as soon as they new manager is rolled out, we'll get a spin on how we need to dig deep to ensure we have a budget for the new manager for next year. Think they'll be in for a rude awakening.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Painful watching that last night, the lack of effort, fight pisses me off, the defence are looking very weak and look to concede too many goals and if wasn’t for Rocky we would have conceded more.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Wonder when the new signings will start, May must have had a good look at them now , does he think they aren't any better than what we have.
I doubt any of them will have played a competitive game for months and will be struggling for match fitness. Will probably be a while before they are up to speed. This is what you get at our level in the January window....players who can't get their game at their clubs being loaned out to get themselves fit and get some games under their belt. Bigiramana I think has been playing occasionally for Motherwell so I would expect him to start on Saturday considering we have picked up yet more injuries.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I doubt any of them will have played a competitive game for months and will be struggling for match fitness. Will probably be a while before they are up to speed. This is what you get at our level in the January window....players who can't get their game at their clubs being loaned out to get themselves fit and get some games under their belt. Bigiramana I think has been playing occasionally for Motherwell so I would expect him to start on Saturday considering we have picked up yet more injuries.
Which is why you'd think you'd get them signed if at all early and take them with you to your training camp....

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Which is why you'd think you'd get them signed if at all early and take them with you to your training camp....
Exactly! Lennon wanted players away to Dubai with the team, even said as much. He also wanted Gauld to play in the friendly. Whatever the fuck led to his demise, I'm sure he was pissed off just as much as we were. The clowns running this operation are fucking clueless.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I wonder why we didn’t sign them all on the first day of the transfer window?
Board policy to save on paying wages I expect.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I wonder why we didn’t sign them all on the first day of the transfer window?
Board policy to save on paying wages I expect.
We didn't need to sign players on the first day of the window, but why not a week or two afterwards. Let the players train with the team and gel, get them up to fitness. The board didn't wait until the last minute to save wages, they just don't prioritize the playing side of things. That's been pretty apparent the past few seasons. Not that long ago we played a European tie with both 1st and 2nd choice goalkeepers aloud to leave and had nothing lined up. That pretty much sums up everything.

Tobyjug

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Hibs tv seemed to think we where good - awful performance - we’re missing the gaffer - Petrie to blank for this mess we’re in ?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
We were awful, as said above not one shot on Celtcs goal, sloppy passes, half arsed attitudes, four good touches then we would misplace the pass, miss kick knock it or give it to a Celtc player. Ryan Guald must be wondering what he done. A couple of magnificent saves from Rocky kept the score sensible against Celtc reserves.
Amazing how quickly it has unravelled.

We are missing leadership, and the quicker it is addressed the better. Realistically we might not solve the head coach one until the summer.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Players of that quality don't become available until the end of the window though @Smurf :icon-lol:
Yeah we really secured that much needed quality.... Hibs have really fucked up this season. Huge pressure on Saturday. Raith will come with a decent support and it'll be no gimme.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
We didn't need to sign players on the first day of the window, but why not a week or two afterwards. Let the players train with the team and gel, get them up to fitness. The board didn't wait until the last minute to save wages, they just don't prioritize the playing side of things. That's been pretty apparent the past few seasons. Not that long ago we played a European tie with both 1st and 2nd choice goalkeepers aloud to leave and had nothing lined up. That pretty much sums up everything.
So you think it's Hibs' policy to wait until the last minute to add players, or at the very least NOT try and sign any early.

Interesting.

I wonder why the Board do that.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Amazing how quickly it has unravelled.

We are missing leadership, and the quicker it is addressed the better. Realistically we might not solve the head coach one until the summer.
Why it seemed the obvious thing to appoint a Stubbs until the summer. He would have immediately lifted the support and more importantly the squad. Then in the summer with more and possibly better candidates available a huge opportunity to assess everything.

Tobyjug

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
we need someone new in charge - new ownership - Petrie past his sell by date

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So you think it's Hibs' policy to wait until the last minute to add players, or at the very least NOT try and sign any early.

Interesting.

I wonder why the Board do that.
George Craig let it be known we have a latter stage strategy for the transfer window in his statement on the official site early January. I thought given our circumstances that was a strange one. I didn't think we were in a position to enjoy such a luxury TBH. We needed quality in early doors. I accept that's not easy.

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Diamond formation didn't work. Rodgers got his players into wide areas of the park and Mackie in particular had a torrid time.

Marciano and Stevenson for me can collect their wages without embarrassment.

Midfield was simply dreadful. Oli ineffective. SDG picked up his ST for the physio room again.

The team are all over the place mentality wise. Leadership and drive missing. Except for Darren. Flo's head is not right.

The atmosphere was not good either. A fair bit of arguing amongst the fans. Inter and intra squabbling. My laddie was hit on the back of the head by a missile thrown from the home end. Might have been one of the imaginary soup bowls they spent half the game using...weirdos.

It's a thing of duty at present, following this team.
Picking up on your point on fans. I thought some behaviour last night was over the top. I was Doon the front and the abuse towards a young laddie with a disability (Celtic fan ) was frankly disgusting. None of these so called fans where watching the game. Just staring at Celtic fans and generally annoying well everyone. Rocky couple of fine saves , distribution mmmh.Mr Hibs was my shining light , did his job , communicated well and showed leadership in his area of the pitch.
Darren showed guts. Sir David started well but another injury as you say.
New laddie was lucky not to see red , poor challenge over stretching.
Easily removed from the ball generally , ball retention painful.
All round very concerning , I mean we knew we where going tae lose that midfield a year before they left. Doesn't suggest a well planned contiguency plan at all. Player turnover too high again.
Have we learned nothing ?

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think the club have decided to just tread water until the end of the season. It's unlikely we'll be dragged into the relegation zone even with a total collapse so I reckon it's a case of writing off the remainder of the league and put a bit of effort into the cup. Appoint a new manager and regroup over the summer. That's all they can do.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
George Craig let it be known we have a latter stage strategy for the transfer window in his statement on the official site early January. I thought given our circumstances that was a strange one. I didn't think we were in a position to enjoy such a luxury TBH. We needed quality in early doors. I accept that's not easy.
Yip, this is what he said...

"I like to think the supporters know the way we work by now that we don’t offer up knee-jerk reactions. We have what I think is a robust player identification and recruitment structure in place at HTC. That’s a process that never stops. I appreciate there has been some disappointments – not least someone like Martin Boyle going from the high of being named in the Australian squad for the Asian Cup to being ruled out of action. That’s one area we weren’t anticipating having to move on, but we knew there was a possibility that we would have to recruit in other areas of the team. We wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we weren’t planning for that eventuality. We have a month to bring people in, to bolster the squad and set us up for the second half of the season. I’m confident we’ll be in good shape come the end of the transfer window. It’s important to be as strong as you can by the end of the month. It’s not always about signing right now but when it’s right. We’ll never sign someone for the sake of it and sometimes if it’s a case of holding out for the people we really want then we’ll do that rather than compromise on quality."

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
But a couple of our recent targets said they had been aware that Hibs wanted them for months - which makes me think the timing isn't usually of Hibs choosing - more agents comparing offers or clubs not releasing until replacements in etc.
It's not as if we can go and pick a player off a shelf and force them into the team just 'because'. It's a gamble whatever way we play it - possibly the one you can get early is because there is no interest in him from elsewhere - maybe for good reason.
Seems to me we have spent (invested?!) heavily recently - but the players signed haven't performed as well as expected - or aren't being managed properly or tactics may play a part.
I didn't see George Craig's statement, but if it is simply 'we wait until the last minute' then he needs to think again.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel