• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet

Not Nisbet but I hope Porteous does well.
If they continue to feature for Scotland I hope they both do well.

Have Griffiths or Brophy been signed by anyone?

Officially in the “scrapping the barrel” phase of the transfer window

Brophy is away to Ross county

Brophy just went on loan to Ross County. I don't think he managed a single goal for St Mirren. Funny how things turn out.

Brophy just went on loan to Ross County. I don't think he managed a single goal for St Mirren. Funny how things turn out.

Eamonn "The Wolfman" Brophy.

He's feckin howlin'.

Having met David gray a few times and spoke to fellow coaches about him a more genuine guy you wouldn't meet. Also totally respected by the staff at er. Too much nonsense speculation going on. I'd put him in charge till the end of the season as he knows how to set up a structured team but unless we get another centre half,full back and striker if Nisbet goes he will struggle.

Fyvie will always be a cup winning legend. Nisbet more of a fuckin torn faced cvnt. I wonder how long he will want a tae stay at Millwall?
No-one likes them. They don't care.

Nisbet is a talented player, and could do very well at Millwall.
He certainly came back from injury bigger and stronger, and pretty much match fit too.

But he's a fanny, just a grade or two above Rat Kamberi, but a fanny nonetheless.

If we got £400k for Porto then that's about the best we could expect given his refusal to sign again.

I'm no longer interested in either career.
My thoughts too. I'm disappointed though as I really thought we would nurture Ryan to Hibs captaincy and a regular International place. As for Nisbet I thought we'd have 20 goals a season for a few years such was my confidence in his abilities. 🥴

Great striker.

Never really wanted to be at Hibs, apart from when he was at the Pars obviously.

Would be nice to get a bunch of players who actually wanted to play for Hibs rather than just themselves.

Old fashioned me eh🤕

Totally agree. Hearts are a very average team IMHO and a decent manager and recruitment could see us overtake them but you can't deny Robbie replay has them playing as a team. I'd rather sign players like Gary Smith and Paul Fenwick and Tom Smith who totally got playing for what is a top club. Loads of decent players not getting games for lower championship or league 1 teams in England. Must be a decent centre half and striker we can get from there surely.

Will close on £3 m plus another £2 m should Doig move we must be able to sign guys who want to be at our club.

My thoughts too. I'm disappointed though as I really thought we would nurture Ryan to Hibs captaincy and a regular International place. As for Nisbet I thought we'd have 20 goals a season for a few years such was my confidence in his abilities. 🥴
Nisbet has ability. No question.
Unfortunately, his heeds full o fuckin mince.
Christ, he follows that fuckin arsehole currently locked up in a Rumanian jile!

Great striker.
Never really wanted to be at Hibs, apart from when he was at the Pars obviously.

Would be nice to get a bunch of players who actually wanted to play for Hibs rather than just themselves.

Old fashioned me eh🤕
:sm023:

Nisbet has ability. No question.
Unfortunately, his heeds full o fuckin mince.
Christ, he follows that fuckin arsehole currently locked up in a Rumanian jile!
Does he?? Dabrowski does too, weird state of affairs. As somebody said elsewhere I'd rather have 11 guys pulling in the same direction than "star" strikers going about the place with their face tripping them half the time. The biggest thing Hibs need to sort is a proper sense of team unity and my worry is that if the rumours are true about what the squad thinks of the manager then that's going to be tough. But sacking yet another manager will also be tough. I often wonder where we'd be now if Jack Ross hadn't been punted.

Does he?? Dabrowski does too, weird state of affairs. As somebody said elsewhere I'd rather have 11 guys pulling in the same direction than "star" strikers going about the place with their face tripping them half the time. The biggest thing Hibs need to sort is a proper sense of team unity and my worry is that if the rumours are true about what the squad thinks of the manager then that's going to be tough. But sacking yet another manager will also be tough. I often wonder where we'd be now if Jack Ross hadn't been punted.
That's easy! In the pub moaning how bored we were

Reactions: Zab
That's easy! In the pub moaning how bored we were
Probably. Wouldn't say no to a boring 3rd place, cup finals, and European trips right now tbh.

The Championship.

Probably. Wouldn't say no to a boring 3rd place, cup finals, and European trips right now tbh.

Far too many would, which makes the Hibernian manager role an impossible.

Sounds like you’re “part of the problem” then.

😉

You don't know that for sure.
Attitude is a big factor in football.
Nisbet attitude with Hibs has been less than acceptable.
Same with a few others.
It may be we get 11 guys pulling in the same direction.
I'd rather have 11 Josh Campbells than 11 Nisbets.
That’s lovely sentiment but Nisbet can at least play

We’ve got decent cash for him so no hard feelings

Hopefully we tell Nisbet your going nowhere until we have a replacement, contracted at Hibs after all, if we can't get a replacement then cancel his move.

can we trust Gordon and the board to do the right thing and get us replacements or will it go into Ron’s retirement fund.

If it’s reported he’s there for a medical and the deal hinges on that, one can assume he’s 75% done. Would imagine the player and agent will want this confirmed asap.

Absolutely gutted if this is going through at a lowball price. I appreciate that Nisbet has no particular fondness for the club and is going to use whatever leverage he has, but overall I think this does us no favours unless there's a big deal transfer lined up.

Honestly, if the club had any notion this was happening before sending Melkersen out, I can't understand the latter decision. Maybe there's a big deal transfer target in the wings that this unlocks? Assuming not though.

Brings us back to needing two first XI signings in the next few days, which isn't great

Absolutely gutted if this is going through at a lowball price. I appreciate that Nisbet has no particular fondness for the club and is going to use whatever leverage he has, but overall I think this does us no favours unless there's a big deal transfer lined up.

Honestly, if the club had any notion this was happening before sending Melkersen out, I can't understand the latter decision. Maybe there's a big deal transfer target in the wings that this unlocks? Assuming not though.

Brings us back to needing two first XI signings in the next few days, which isn't great
Surely we can recall anyone we put out on loan? Even our owner isn't THAT stupid surely

Surely we can recall anyone we put out on loan? Even our owner isn't THAT stupid surely
Ron might not be, but not sure of the one‘s advising him.

Jilted John had it sussed.

can we trust Gordon and the board to do the right thing and get us replacements or will it go into Ron’s retirement fund.
He cannae just pocket the cash! you do know that,right?

I like to think not, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

I like to think not, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Then let me put your mind to rest.... he cant just pocket cash from player sales!

No, but he can use it to repay loans, invest in infrastructure etc which boosts the balance sheet and ultimately returns to him if he sells the club? Not an accountant so await a flaming.. 😀

No, but he can use it to repay loans, invest in infrastructure etc which boosts the balance sheet and ultimately returns to him if he sells the club? Not an accountant so await a flaming.. 😀
OK.

Well, offcourse.

I suspect the other poster was alluding to the chance that the club bring in circa £4m and Gordon just nips in, takes it and hides it under a llama or somethin

He is doing his badges.
That means he does what LJ tells him regarding the training.
He IS a club legend.
He is NOT part of the problem.

No free passes.

You can be pretty unnecessarily brutal at times, based on guesswork.

Based on guess work 😆

Start with Laidlaw & O’Connor up front. Young, hungry and desperate to play 1st team football. The fans will be right behind them. What have we got to loose ?

100% far better than playing the likes of McKirdy.

100% far better than playing the likes of McKirdy.
Have you seen much of them ?? I saw a live game v Huns a year or 2 back and both looked like wee laddies . Only time ive seem the dev team so can only go on that

Have you seen much of them ?? I saw a live game v Huns a year or 2 back and both looked like wee laddies . Only time ive seem the dev team so can only go on that

They will thrive on the opportunity, Laidlaw was wanted by English premiership teams and O’Connor gets a lot of plaudits. They will both give you everything. Look at the boy Doak at Liverpool regardless of the age if they are able get them on.

O'Connor got a wee sub appearance in the 3-1 defeat at Pittodrie. He didn't do anything but that wasn't his fault.

They will thrive on the opportunity, Laidlaw was wanted by English premiership teams and O’Connor gets a lot of plaudits. They will both give you everything. Look at the boy Doak at Liverpool regardless of the age if they are able get them on.
Its that magic word "if"

Start with Laidlaw & O’Connor up front. Young, hungry and desperate to play 1st team football. The fans will be right behind them. What have we got to loose ?
The league?

This thread has been viewed 44701 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back