• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nigel Farage

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Coming to Edinburgh on Friday for a Brexit party.Lets give him the reception he deserves.

Can’t I’m afraid. I don’t possess a barrel of tar and a sack of feathers.

Is the party at Ipox or Swinecastle?

for anyone interested he's going to be at the corn exchange at 7-just up the road from chez moat.

Can’t I’m afraid. I don’t possess a barrel of tar and a sack of feathers.

Is the party at Ipox or Swinecastle?
You'll find out after the event.
That's his M.O.

A political pied piper if ever there was one. How so many people especially south of the border have been taken in by this con man is one of the most bewildering phenomena of the modern age.

£2.50 a ticket if anyone fancies heckling him....

£2.50 a ticket if anyone fancies heckling him....

I will pass. Rather do some crocheting or cut my toe nails. Just hope the Dafties do not give him the publicly he loves. I suspect however that they will.
BIG G

Well if you call standing up to the far right daft fair enough.Maybe you'd rather be sorting out your ear lobes but I know where I'm going to be.

They ran him oot i toon last time he came up

I cannie find a general Brexit thread so move ma post if he have ti Admins...… I just heard a classic quote today summing up Brexit I think, from BBC Scotland News. A gentleman interviewed on Leith Walk commented, 'Naebody ken's whit's happ'nin….' Not alot you can add to that.

Last edited:
Nigel Farage - the walking definition of a complete c*nt!

The mcdonalds in gorgie may be busy.

Can’t stand the man, but I’m with Big G in not giving him the oxygen of publicity.
Chucking milk shakes about is hardly a cogent response to his ranting.
If milk shakes were chucked at a black politician would it be a reasonable reaction?

There’s better ways to deal with bigots than lowering ourselves to their level of debate.

On the other hand we could always tar and feather the fcuker.

Can’t stand the man, but I’m with Big G in not giving him the oxygen of publicity.
Chucking milk shakes about is hardly a cogent response to his ranting.
If milk shakes were chucked at a black politician would it be a reasonable reaction?

There’s better ways to deal with bigots than lowering ourselves to their level of debate.

On the other hand we could always tar and feather the fcuker.

BIG G

Apparent Hibs fans Brian Monteith the candidate for Farage in NE England, expect he'll get in given the discontent in that area of the country. Hope to fuck he doesn't mention us in any capacity.

Apparent Hibs fans Brian Monteith the candidate for Farage in NE England, expect he'll get in given the discontent in that area of the country. Hope to fuck he doesn't mention us in any capacity.
Not much of a jump for a right wing Tory who was a member of the Scottish Parliament for several years. Opportunist.
BIG G

Not much of a jump for a right wing Tory who was a member of the Scottish Parliament for several years. Opportunist.
BIG G

I actually met him in a HIbs context, he wrote in the Evening news for years too, surprised he has joined the Farage fuckwits.

I actually met him in a HIbs context, he wrote in the Evening news for years too, surprised he has joined the Farage fuckwits.
Turns out his registered address on the polling card is in France!

He was in charge of the PR company who were involved in Brian Kennedy's takeover bid for Hibs in the late 90's.

A political pied piper if ever there was one. How so many people especially south of the border have been taken in by this con man is one of the most bewildering phenomena of the modern age.
Trump????

Trump????
Right enough...there's another muppet.

Right enough...there's another muppet.
My point was that nothing is surprising now, common sense would be though

My point was that nothing is surprising now, common sense would be though
Which was your point to I guess.

I had a couple of beers with him once chatting hibs. Can’t teally remember a lot about him. He’s registered on here as bluetrot

Used to stay at Mountcastle iirc, can’t believe he’s a Hibs fan

ok hard hat on here. I really don't much care who people voted, but I do wonder how much politics have crept into football. I was a bit surprised in Spain to find their almost still fighting the civil war via football, but I never really saw much of it here till recently. Reading through some posts, it would appear that lets say SNP independence voting Hibbies would have far more in common with likewise minded Hearts supporters? So those Hibbies who voted a different way seem to be castigated. I have spoke to a few people who voted the Brexit party..most have little or no interest in Farage, but remain in their belief Brexit is the way forward. But for one reason or another do not feel other parties are wholly commited.

As I said whatever you voted is of little interest to me, (and btw I voted for independence before anyone asks) and whether we stay in Europe or not, I am not sure what difference it will make. I do however support Hibs, I do not expect everyone to share the same political. religious or even cultural beliefs. I do find that insulting another persons point of view is as intolerant as Farage himself. Wouldn't it be better if people who have an issue with someone..or some belief system, put up an argument based on facts to state their case, rather than alienate a section of the support who have a different point of view?

I never knew EGB personally, but he did seem to leave because people resorted to insults rather than debate (or am I wrong?) Anyway I would love to hear more facts and debate than simply hear people say..he or she cannot be a hibby because.....

ok hard hat on here. I really don't much care who people voted, but I do wonder how much politics have crept into football. I was a bit surprised in Spain to find their almost still fighting the civil war via football, but I never really saw much of it here till recently. Reading through some posts, it would appear that lets say SNP independence voting Hibbies would have far more in common with likewise minded Hearts supporters? So those Hibbies who voted a different way seem to be castigated. I have spoke to a few people who voted the Brexit party..most have little or no interest in Farage, but remain in their belief Brexit is the way forward. But for one reason or another do not feel other parties are wholly commited.

As I said whatever you voted is of little interest to me, (and btw I voted for independence before anyone asks) and whether we stay in Europe or not, I am not sure what difference it will make. I do however support Hibs, I do not expect everyone to share the same political. religious or even cultural beliefs. I do find that insulting another persons point of view is as intolerant as Farage himself. Wouldn't it be better if people who have an issue with someone..or some belief system, put up an argument based on facts to state their case, rather than alienate a section of the support who have a different point of view?

I never knew EGB personally, but he did seem to leave because people resorted to insults rather than debate (or am I wrong?) Anyway I would love to hear more facts and debate than simply hear people say..he or she cannot be a hibby because.....
Well here is another insult. Monteith is a an opportunist, ultra right wing cocksocket. 2 out of 3 won in North East England by Flangists . His fellow Flangist John Tennant is a corker too, once praising a colleague for using a Nazi slogan in the European parliament and has a history of using vulgar and obscene language about women in social media posts. Horrors.
BIG G

I've never actually heard of the guy...but I can accept these reasons for wanting to distance him from Hibs support if that is the case...just don't like generalising politics in football as if 3veryone should be the same.

37% turnout being reported. Or conversely 63% couldn't be bothered or saw no point in voting. Definitely was almost identical reflection of the group of 10 people I was with on Friday. Only 3 folk voted.

37% turnout being reported. Or conversely 63% couldn't be bothered or saw no point in voting. Definitely was almost identical reflection of the group of 10 people I was with on Friday. Only 3 folk voted.
50.2% in Edinburgh is up on last time,Early doors but SNP have taken 11 council areas by miles.
Labour came 6th in Edinburgh apparently(tbc)

F6C4CD64-D597-4D7E-8C10-F99DDCD325E2.jpeg

Lib dems got more than Lab and Con put together. However, of all the parties they're most homogenous in membership with regards to being pro EU.

Used to stay at Mountcastle iirc, can’t believe he’s a Hibs fan
Think he has twin laddies, sure they played for Leith Athletic afew years back, one might have been a goalie.

Liberal democratic and green vote in England drawing on people pushing for new referendum. Labour seem to be an absolute mess right now and not much confidence in tories either. But still UK as a whole totally divided on leave or stay.....probably meaning no one really knows or understands what the outcome will bring

Lib Dems and greens might have been better splitting areas up and not standing against each other...would have shown a large remain vote

John Curtis on just now at 1.00 saying that as it stands, if this is proxy referendum, looking at pro v anti Brexit party results, it would be a draw. As I voted for neither in the first game, I bags to be the ref if there is a second kick about.
BIG G

Last edited:

How can cnuts vote for parties who’s only policy is an empty slogan. Brexit means Brexit, aye ok. But what’s your policy on dealing with Climate Change or transport?

Arseholes.

So he is European and enjoys freedom of movement.

Couldn’t agree more. I get a ton of abuse anytime I debate gun control. I totally understand people are for and against subjects and politics, but the immature name calling and bashing because someone doesn’t agree is pathetic. We are now a society where name calling and violence is the preferred option than talking. I watched a video the other day of someone throwing something at Farage. Grown adults throwing milkshakes at someone they don’t like. More like spoilt children having a tantrum, than intelligent adults.

@chesterperry take your point but many people even on the bounce vote snp to drive home the independence message yet openly state they would switch to another party if we get it...double standards? Again calling people cuts and arseholes for not voting your way shows a great lack if effort to find a way forward

This thread has been viewed 5667 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50