• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Niall McGinn

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Express reporting today that Hibs have joined the race to sign him in January.
Hearts and Aberdeen have also shown an interest.
Lennon worked with him years ago when he was at Celtic.

Express reporting today that Hibs have joined the race to sign him in January.
Hearts and Aberdeen have also shown an interest.
Lennon worked with him years ago when he was at Celtic.

Jambo i sit across from at work seems convinced they're getting him. Interesting.

Hearts have to sell/move on players before they can sign anyone as stated by Potter himself.

Aberdeen have plenty options in those areas, but they could go back in for him.

I’d like us to sign him but he’d want to be a starter and I can’t see him displacing Boyle, so he’d probably be competing for a spot with Barker, Swanson & Stokes...

Hearts have to sell/move on players before they can sign anyone as stated by Potter himself.

Aberdeen have plenty options in those areas, but they could go back in for him.

I’d like us to sign him but he’d want to be a starter and I can’t see him displacing Boyle, so he’d probably be competing for a spot with Barker, Swanson & Stokes...

Barker seemed to do quite well against Hamilton on Saturday playing through the middle in that no. 10 role. His pace and skill is always going to trouble teams.
Maybe Lennon sees him more as an attacking midfielder than a winger though I doubt we will see many goals from him.
McGinn would be a good signing IMO if we could get him.

Jambo i sit across from at work seems convinced they're getting him. Interesting.

No shit Sherlock!

It's not like the gunts at all :giggle:

Ive heard a few mentions that he is the Gunts number 1 Jan target.

So we should absolutely do our best to sign him for that reason alone.

Spoke to a dons fan last week about this when McGinn was freed from his contract.

I said he would go back to Aberdeen rather than go to hertz.

The guy said, 'he's a fitba player, why the fuck would he go to hertz'!

I'd quite like him here, direct competition for Swanson once he starts playing.

I'd quite like him here, direct competition for Swanson once he starts playing.

Is Swanson a winger?

Is Swanson a winger?

Wide left and central attacking mid, yeah.

January signing was the talk today.

Was in the crowd today according to the BBC

Was in the crowd today according to the BBC

Aye said on the radio he was there would be a good acquisition for us to provide a bit more depth

Lennon confirmed it, says we spoke to him and he hoped he liked what he saw at the game and that's that for now.
Headline was ''we're keen'' I'm sure.

Would we have to wait the month? Isn't he a free agent?

Lennon confirmed it, says we spoke to him and he hoped he liked what he saw at the game and that's that for now.
Headline was ''we're keen'' I'm sure.

Would we have to wait the month? Isn't he a free agent?

Yes he is. He can sign for a club now if he wants. I seem to recall however that there is some odd rule about when he would be eligible to play for his new club outwith the transfer window or something like that. Seems to be quite a few clubs after him and Hearts have been trying to sign him for ages. Would be a bit of a coup if he ended up at Easter Road.

Last edited:
Would be amazed if he doesn't sign for Hearts. They'll offer him much more than we're prepared to, simply because they have to show they're the big team, and their fans are revolting x2

Would like him at Hibs, though.

Would be amazed if he doesn't sign for Hearts. They'll offer him much more than we're prepared to, simply because they have to show they're the big team, and their fans are revolting x2

Would like him at Hibs, though.

Every chance they will lose Walker in January, and in any event Potter has gone on record as saying a winger is a priority.

I think you're spot on - the Gunts can't afford to miss out on him, and certainly not to Hibs.

Would be a real GIRFUY moment if he signed for us.
:gunts:

You never turn down a 'good' player but I dunno if he would get in the Hibs team. Resources not needed for 'somewhere else' in the squad?

He was hot and cold at Aberdeen, in and out of the team.

McInnes saying he’d welcome him back to the sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he's what we need as a priority?

I'm not sure he's what we need as a priority?

He scored 14 goals for Aberdeen last season, 12 the ashes on before - we need to add goals to the team, especially from other areas of the team given our limited striking options, so I think he is what we need.

One of the highest assists in the league too? But I can't see him coming. If he watched that yesterday and Aberdeen is an option, why would he choose hibs.

One of the highest assists in the league too? But I can't see him coming. If he watched that yesterday and Aberdeen is an option, why would he choose hibs.

Because he'd have more chance of getting a regular game possibly?

Last edited:
Going back to Aberdeen seemingly.

Signed for Aberdeen

Signed for Aberdeen

Pity.
I would have liked to have seen him at Easter Road.

Signed for Aberdeen

Fair enough. Rather there than Hearts.

Fair enough. Rather there than Hearts.

This. Seems the logical move for him.

Signed for Aberdeen

No brainer, assuming he was coming back to Scotland. More money, knows the club, guaranteed European spot.

No brainer, assuming he was coming back to Scotland. More money, knows the club, guaranteed European spot.

Boy from The Times reckons he went there because they offered him a longer deal than Hibs,3 and a Half years...

This thread has been viewed 1925 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back