• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

New tellies

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
No had a new telly in the livingroom for 8 years, looking at 49 to 55 inch Full HD.

I have had a 43inch Panasonic Viera all this time, works first time every time, would go Panasonic again. Decently priced one in Argos at the moment.

Any recommendations?

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
No had a new telly in the livingroom for 8 years, looking at 49 to 55 inch Full HD.

I have had a 43inch Panasonic Viera all this time, works first time every time, would go Panasonic again. Decently priced one in Argos at the moment.

Any recommendations?
I've got a 55" Panasonic Viera plasma. About 2 years old. Good telly but the more modern Samsungs have a better range of apps that are more in line with what you'd use on a smartphone. The 4K ones are getting more affordable too

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Got a new toshiba a couple of months ago, decent tv, shite remote.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Bought a Panasonic 49 inch smart telly in March.
Probably the same thing you're looking at ,Mark.
It's fine.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Costco got some deals on the now. Worth a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Down to a 49 inch panasonic or LG both at Argos, the LGis £80 dearer?

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Samsung 55 4k

Broadband not good enough to support 4k

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Not a member there?
Missing out on big tellys and big pizzas!

I have an LG and it is an excellent tv picture wise, but struggles for volume. Paired with an LG sound bar it’s superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I've always gone LG for TVs, plus if you use netflix, Netflix's 4k looks best on LG through some partnership.

Havent looked at a tv for a while though, so not sure what would be worth a recommendation... if I look, I'll want something :53:

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Glens, Hutchison’s, Robertson’s, and Stepek 😉

Seriously though, one tip is to watch out for with LED TVs is the “vertical banding” effect you get with some TVs, which is particularly noticeable when watching Sport as the camera pans across the pitch/fairway or whatever.

From what I can tell this is a bit of a luck of the draw thing that isn’t particular to one brand (something to do with the rolling process?) If you’re buying from a shop get them to prove to you this isn’t an issue before buying, if buying online test for it straight away and send back if it’s noticeable.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I've had a 50" Samsung telly for a few years now. It was an early smart telly, way too smart for me at the time! I've caught up with it, there doesn't seem to be any great need to change :))

I was a Samsung slag at the time. I'm not sure, if I had to replace the telly now I'd be so fussy about the brand.

I'd do some research around the stuff I'd want the telly to be capable of then buy the cheapest* that ticked most boxes.

Things just don't break down they way they used to. There's probably little difference in the picture quality that wouldn't be fixed by a trip to the optician!

* If there wasn't much in it I'd probably still go for a Samsung!I

Edit: when I'm in a telly shop I still drool over the huge sized ones. I don't see any difference in quality.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Thanks, I looked there, they were the same price as Argos, which i scloser to where I live.

I've got a Costco card if you want to buy there?

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel