• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

New owners

E13C3572-146F-4609-8F3C-800DCED22E4A.jpeg

So there ya go. [emoji106]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This is hopefully amazing and thanks once again to those leaving!

If I had one question @Power or anyone it would be where has he got the money to finance this deal and his proposed investment?

I hope he's not borrowing it, particularly from his community bank or whatever it is. I'm sure we've seen a similar scenario play out not too far from here!!!

Ron and his cash is genuine. Board, Legal and other middle men have assessed, reviewed and done everything - additionally the club can’t be used as leverage to obtain a loan.

I think we need some idea of his vision and plans. Not necessarily specifics but things that would help me understand why he has chosen hibs and what he intends to develop?

I’m immediately thinking he will want to grow revenues, That might be stadium expansion or relocation. Does he have stakes in other sporting teams or franchises?

Fair B. It’s knowledge others in the club have, excited and comfortable with - but ones I wanted answers to tae myself when I came into role.

We’ll get it in the constant communication over the next few weeks and months.

If not - I’ll ask.

Ron and his cash is genuine. Board, Legal and other middle men have assessed, reviewed and done everything - additionally the club can’t be used as leverage to obtain a loan.
Kieran,

Aligned to this, do we know for certain that we have a percentage sell on clause within John McGinn's contract?

Kieran,

Aligned to this, do we know for certain that we have a percentage sell on clause within John McGinn's contract?

We do ✅

He was president of Atari Kev
Is that the country that's hosting the World Cup?

Are St Mirren due any further cuts from the deal?

I think we need some idea of his vision and plans. Not necessarily specifics but things that would help me understand why he has chosen hibs and what he intends to develop?

I’m immediately thinking he will want to grow revenues, That might be stadium expansion or relocation. Does he have stakes in other sporting teams or franchises?

I can’t remember who owns/owned the stadium, was it HFC Holdings, as interestingly it was mentioned along with the ticket office and HTC. That may be because it wasn’t under HFC Holdings ownership but the club itself. Not knowledgable enough in this sort of thing to understand what that would mean.

Are St Mirren due any further cuts from the deal?

That’s going into too much detail - St.Mirren, Hibs or Villa haven’t released - not somewhere I can go to on passing comment.

You’ve asked before.

I thought that didn't look right.

Wiki says HTC is 24 acres!

"The training ground is situated on 24 acres and features 5 full-size grass pitches, one of which is a floodlit along with an additional floodlit synthetic pitch and ... "

It could be as simple as

Does the HTC take up 9 acres and there's a further 15 not utilised by Hibs* at the moment?

* There is land out there rented to farmers, not Sir Tom Farmers btw, lol

Fair B. It’s knowledge others in the club have, excited and comfortable with - but ones I wanted answers to tae myself when I came into role.

If not - I’ll ask.
I think Kerian what his vision is for the club is key and why he invested? What’s init for a rich America as well I’d like to know and how does he make his money back? Seems great news but I’m a suspicious *&*^!

That’s going into too much detail - St.Mirren, Hibs or Villa haven’t released - not somewhere I can go to on passing comment.

You’ve asked before.

So you confirm that we have a future sell on percentage if McGinn leaves Villa, but can’t confirm if St Mirren are part of any future percentages. I don’t recall Hibs or Villa actually releasing details about future promotion or sell on percentages, all been hear say.

So you confirm that we have a future sell on percentage if McGinn leaves Villa, but can’t confirm if St Mirren are part of any future percentages. I don’t recall Hibs or Villa actually releasing details about future promotion or sell on percentages, all been hear say.
Seems reasonable enough.
KP is in a position to comment on Hibs business - not other clubs'.

Thats what Kieron said

Fair enough, just all these figures that were quoted in the past about St Mirren getting 33% from us. Just wondered if they are going to keep getting 33% of all our future add ons. Would seem a bit shit if they kept getting so much. Again these figures are just figures pulled from here and there, nothing concrete.

I can’t remember who owns/owned the stadium, was it HFC Holdings, as interestingly it was mentioned along with the ticket office and HTC. That may be because it wasn’t under HFC Holdings ownership but the club itself. Not knowledgable enough in this sort of thing to understand what that would mean.
Hibs owned the stadium but had a mortgage on it. Initially this was with the bank then it was transferred to Tom Farmer. Hibs were paying half a million a year on the mortgage which still had several years to run. The mortgage is now wiped out and Hibs owe no debt. The ticket office and remaining land at East Mains which belonged to HFC Holdings now belongs to Hibs as part of the investment. That's it in a nutshell. Please correct me anyone if not accurate.

I thought that didn't look right.

Wiki says HTC is 24 acres!

"The training ground is situated on 24 acres and features 5 full-size grass pitches, one of which is a floodlit along with an additional floodlit synthetic pitch and ... "

It could be as simple as

Does the HTC take up 9 acres and there's a further 15 not utilised by Hibs* at the moment?

* There is land out there rented to farmers, not Sir Tom Farmers btw, lol

I think I've seen this answered elsewhere.

The football club owned HTC which was built on 9 acres. 15 adjacent acres became available and bought by another bit of Hibs. It's all in with the club now.

I think it's fair to say everything Hibs is now at Hibs.

Think that nailed it.

Edit: No Jack, the one before.

I think Kerian what his vision is for the club is key and why he invested? What’s init for a rich America as well I’d like to know and how does he make his money back? Seems great news but I’m a suspicious ****!

Fair. One I would want to see communicated in as much detail as possible soon in amongst the positive news stories. It echoes my ‘Why Hibs’ question.

A hugely significant day in the club's history. Still trying to come to terms with it all.
I had heard several months ago from a good source that there were American businessmen in talks with Hibs about takng over and providing big investment. I wasn't so sure myself so didn't say anything to anyone else. Today shows the story was correct.

First thing to say is that it is very much the end of an era for our club. Sir Tom Farmer has become a massive and hugely important figure in the history of our club. Today my mind went back 29 years and the day of the Mercer takeover bid. I genuinely thought we were finished. We needed someone to come in and save us and Tom Farmer did just that. The fans and great Hibbies like the late Kenny McLean were also massively important in that historic stand-off, however Sir Tom had the respect and the business acumen to keep our club safe. We would have been down the swanny if he hadn't come in..believe me. I wish Sir Tom all the best and I wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he done for our club. The club is unrecognisable now from the shambles it was when he took over all these years ago. Totally transformed from top to bottom.

Rod Petrie has also done a great job at Hibs for 22 years. I've had my differences with him over the years as have many other fans, but he has been a great servant to the club and stuck by it. Yes, he has made mistakes, who hasn't ? But I think he has been overall a very good chairman of Hibs. Hope he does well in his new role as SFA President.

So to the new man of mystery Ronald Gordon. He came over very well at the press conference. I am excited about the future and I wish him all the very best of success in the years to come. I do however have a few questions regarding him.

1) Why has he spent £6 Million on a scottish football club he has absolutely no connection with whatsoever ?

2) Where has he come from ? Did the people in charge of Hibs (Petrie and Farmer) go looking for him and persuade him to become the new Hibs owner ?

3) How long does he intend to stay as owner ?

4) What is he getting back for his investment ?

I am not trying to be negative, I am just somewhat wary of a foreigner coming in from absolutely nowhere who all of a sudden wants to take Hibs forward and is willing to splash out a huge amount of his money to do so.

All the very best Ron. The Hibernian supporters will be with you all the way as you strive to bring more success to the greatest football club in the world.

Last edited:
A hugely significant day in the club's history. Still trying to come to terms with it all.
I had heard several months ago from a good source that there were American businessmen in talks with Hibs about takng over and providing big investment. I wasn't so sure myself so didn't say anything to anyone else. Today shows the story was correct.

First thing to say is that it is very much the end of an era for our club. Sir Tom Farmer has become a massive and hugely important figure in the history of our club. Today my mind went back 29 years and the day of the Mercer takeover bid. I genuinely thought we were finished. We needed someone to come in and save us and Tom Farmer did just that. The fans and great Hibbies like the late Kenny McLean were also massively important in that historic stand-off, however Sir Tom had the respect and the business acumen to keep our club safe. We would have been down the swanny if he hadn't came in..believe me. I wish Sir Tom all the best and I wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he done for our club. The club is unrecognisable now from the shambles it was when he took over all these years ago. Totally transformed from top to bottom.

Rod Petrie has also done a great job at Hibs for 22 years. I've had my differences with him over the years as have many other fans, but he has been a great servant to the club and stuck by it. Yes, he has made mistakes, who hasn't ? But I think he has been overall a very good chairman of Hibs. Hope he does well in his new role as SFA President.

So to the new man of mystery Ronald Gordon. He came over very well at the press conference. I am excited about the future and I wish him all the very best of success in the years to come. I do however have a few questions regarding him.

1) Why has he spent £6 Million on a scottish football club he has absolutely no connection with whatsoever ?

2) Where has he come from ? Did the people in charge of Hibs (Petrie and Farmer) go looking for him and persuade him to become the new Hibs owner ?

I am not trying to be negative, I am just somewhat wary of a foreigner coming in from absolutely nowhere who all of a sudden wants to take Hibs forward and is willing to splash out a huge amount of his money to do so.

All the very best Ron. The Hibernian supporters will be with you all the way as you strive to bring more success to the greatest football club in the world.
Take a bow - you've just summed up my thoughts better than I could have myself!!

Well....as an American who wasn't born into loving Hibs but found them and fell in love (much like him?), let me know if you need me to go over and get our new owner sorted out and make sure he splashes the cash :)

First thing to say is that it is very much the end of an era for our club. Sir Tom Farmer has become a massive and hugely important figure in the history of our club. Today my mind went back 29 years and the day of the Mercer takeover bid. I genuinely thought we were finished. We needed someone to come in and save us and Tom Farmer did just that. The fans and great Hibbies like the late Kenny McLean were also massively important in that historic stand-off, however Sir Tom had the respect and the business acumen to keep our club safe. We would have been down the swanny if he hadn't came in..believe me. I wish Sir Tom all the best and I wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he done for our club. The club is unrecognisable now from the shambles it was when he took over all these years ago. Totally transformed from top to bottom.

Very well put, as always. This article (https://t.co/qkPH5t0G5r) is a good one that answers some or your minor questions but not the biggies - how long (?) and investment return (a sensible person could probably guess them without a sound bite - let’s see if this is covered off soon, otherwise I’ll find an opportunity to find out).

The article above echoes what I was told. Hibs weren’t the first destination choice but as soon as we were ‘found’ there was a complete connection and common focus, only one outcome.

Last edited:

If not - I’ll ask.

K, I’ve worked at somewhere where this kind of takeover happened - very united front from the directors at the beginning and then they started to leave after around 4 months. Everyone is excited but I don’t know why until I hear more.

I don’t know what the future holds, STF was going to leave at some point, all aboard the Hibernian rollercoaster.

Ron talked about improvements to Easter Road on SS News. I wonder what he has in mind. Will he and Leeann be heading down Argos for a new PA system at long last? Comes across as genuine and ambitious, I hope he is committed to taking us forward. Definitely has an impressive background behind him.

First thing to say is that it is very much the end of an era for our club. Sir Tom Farmer has become a massive and hugely important figure in the history of our club. Today my mind went back 29 years and the day of the Mercer takeover bid. I genuinely thought we were finished. We needed someone to come in and save us and Tom Farmer did just that. The fans and great Hibbies like the late Kenny McLean were also massively important in that historic stand-off, however Sir Tom had the respect and the business acumen to keep our club safe. We would have been down the swanny if he hadn't come in..believe me. I wish Sir Tom all the best and I wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he done for our club. The club is unrecognisable now from the shambles it was when he took over all these years ago. Totally transformed from top to bottom.

I’d like a guarantee from the new owner that he has absolutely zero interest in selling the land and moving us to a new location. That’s my main concern.

I’d like a guarantee from the new owner that he has absolutely zero interest in selling the land and moving us to a new location. That’s my main concern.

I’ll try and get a position to ask that directly but the guarantee would be just words in the end.

The snippets of Easter Road being integral, important or building on further are circulating already in the many media outputs.

Ron - “Hibernian will always be Sir Tom’s club and Easter Road will always be his home.”

Stadium being part of his plans? “Oh yes, it’s a wonderful home for the club and I think we can do some things to Easter Road that can improve it. That’s what we’re going to do over the next few months and perhaps this year. Looking at areas that can help take it up a notch”.

looking forward to the new season and new era. Just what the club needed I sat glued to the tv recording all the different news reports and now setup a wee youtube channel for hibs related stuff probably just be a telly and radio recordings archive. Basically anything I see or hear ill chuck it on there. youtube channel is called dinkymutant if anyone wants to subscribe feel free I've got six videos about the takeover and they're all a bit different I am a massive hibs fan but don't come on hibees bounce as much as I want to or should do. Petrie out and I am happy, gutted sir tom has walked away though but echo the sentiments about naming a stand or getting a statue made he's a legend and saved our club from extinction

Seems now that Kenny didn't match Hibs' ambitions, eh?

Kenny that was meant to be

No Lenny.....predictive text, bah

https://investbydand.com/meet-the-team hoping this is nothing to be concerned about and I'm just being paranoid due to change ?

https://investbydand.com/meet-the-team hoping this is nothing to be concerned about and I'm just being paranoid due to change ?
Is that guy his son? Specialises in short sales and distressed companies by the look of it, don't think either are applicable to us hopefully ?

Totally excited about this, and I am usually against outside people/corporations buying clubs as their plaything or simply to make or launder money. But this guy seems the real deal, and to be honest if no Hibs supporters are out there willing or don't have the cash to put the kind of investment in that this guy is then welcome aboard.

I am really excited about the fact he is a media mogul. He seems to have a huge share of Spanish speaking TV...imagine how that could open us up commercially? I would also assume he will multiply our own commercial product and advertising. Hibs TV should get a shot in the arm you would think.

All the best to Tom Farmer and Rod who brought us to this place despite the fall out within and without the club. Tom obviously rated RP very much and thanked him for shielding Tom from the public. Other chairmen to be fair would have received far more criticism than Tom ever did, but I guess the support were always thankful for Sir Tom pulling us back from the brink...but I would hope Rod would also receive a great deal of credit for the shape he has left us in.

Debt free is amazing and with a cash injection and possible money to come from McGinn future transfer, there is no reason we cannot be challenging for Aberdeen's regular spot. Hearts will be pushing in the next few years to be in there as well and competition is needed for the league to be a success and not just a two horse race for everything.

With the support levels higher than they have been since the 70's I would imagine we could attract even more people and perhaps win over some newcomers to Edinburgh. It does grate when I go out anywhere and see the usual club mugs, scarves, strips in all the usual shops and hope one day we can see Hibs merchandise sold in many more outlets.

We have had a few very good Gordon's. Rae, Hunter and the great Smith...lets hope we have another great Gordon on our hands

Alan wasn't bad either.
Who knows what's in store. I just hope it's all good.

Noticed in the press conference STF was very shaky, kinda like Parkinsons. I hope not. Loved his sense of humour though about the cheerleaders and hot dogs

Noticed in the press conference STF was very shaky, kinda like Parkinsons. I hope not. Loved his sense of humour though about the cheerleaders and hot dogs

Yeah noticed that too , a very different man to the one in the photos after the cup win

I noticed that too. Also was saying "there ye are" over and over like some kind of tic.

This thread has been viewed 19233 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50