• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

New owners

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Noticed in the press conference STF was very shaky, kinda like Parkinsons. I hope not. Loved his sense of humour though about the cheerleaders and hot dogs
I noticed that too. Also was saying "there ye are" over and over like some kind of tic.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Noticed in the press conference STF was very shaky, kinda like Parkinsons. I hope not. Loved his sense of humour though about the cheerleaders and hot dogs
Let's throw the man some slack. He will be 79 in a weeks time. And hes always been a private person. Speaking in public, especially to news hawks is not his thing.
I dare say Shrink is a bit wobbly...........

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Let's throw the man some slack. He will be 79 in a weeks time. And hes always been a private person. Speaking in public, especially to news hawks is not his thing.
No one is criticising..was more about concern for his health

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge

You'll get a clout round the ear with my zimmer if there's any more of your cheek son.
:verymad:

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Very well put, as always. This article (https://t.co/qkPH5t0G5r) is a good one that answers some or your minor questions but not the biggies - how long (?) and investment return (a sensible person could probably guess them without a sound bite - let’s see if this is covered off soon, otherwise I’ll find an opportunity to find out).

The article above echoes what I was told. Hibs weren’t the first destination choice but as soon as we were ‘found’ there was a complete connection and common focus, only one outcome.
Would it be possible to get some clarity over this info K? Suggestions that parent company has loaned money to the club via mortgaging the ground.
If accurate, it's a direct contradiction to what we were told yesterday.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Would it be possible to get some clarity over this info K? Suggestions that parent company has loaned money to the club via mortgaging the ground.

I think the boy has worded it wrong and jumped in that we’ve borrowed already but hopefully just a facility for any future loans.

New accounting year started on monday so be atleast 15 months before we see the actual detail in the accounts.

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
A hugely significant day in the club's history. Still trying to come to terms with it all.
I had heard several months ago from a good source that there were American businessmen in talks with Hibs about takng over and providing big investment. I wasn't so sure myself so didn't say anything to anyone else. Today shows the story was correct.

First thing to say is that it is very much the end of an era for our club. Sir Tom Farmer has become a massive and hugely important figure in the history of our club. Today my mind went back 29 years and the day of the Mercer takeover bid. I genuinely thought we were finished. We needed someone to come in and save us and Tom Farmer did just that. The fans and great Hibbies like the late Kenny McLean were also massively important in that historic stand-off, however Sir Tom had the respect and the business acumen to keep our club safe. We would have been down the swanny if he hadn't come in..believe me. I wish Sir Tom all the best and I wish to thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he done for our club. The club is unrecognisable now from the shambles it was when he took over all these years ago. Totally transformed from top to bottom.

Rod Petrie has also done a great job at Hibs for 22 years. I've had my differences with him over the years as have many other fans, but he has been a great servant to the club and stuck by it. Yes, he has made mistakes, who hasn't ? But I think he has been overall a very good chairman of Hibs. Hope he does well in his new role as SFA President.

So to the new man of mystery Ronald Gordon. He came over very well at the press conference. I am excited about the future and I wish him all the very best of success in the years to come. I do however have a few questions regarding him.

1) Why has he spent £6 Million on a scottish football club he has absolutely no connection with whatsoever ?

2) Where has he come from ? Did the people in charge of Hibs (Petrie and Farmer) go looking for him and persuade him to become the new Hibs owner ?

3) How long does he intend to stay as owner ?

4) What is he getting back for his investment ?

I am not trying to be negative, I am just somewhat wary of a foreigner coming in from absolutely nowhere who all of a sudden wants to take Hibs forward and is willing to splash out a huge amount of his money to do so.

All the very best Ron. The Hibernian supporters will be with you all the way as you strive to bring more success to the greatest football club in the world
On holiday just now this news has come too thick and fast for me to digest.
Already bought my season ticket and was excited about new players and new season. Hibs always seemed in a good place financially and we have a good board and set up.
Firstly thank you sir Tom for everything you have done for the club even though I believe your decision to step in and save the club was more to do with your father/grandfather's passion for Hibs.
Rod Petrie guilty of selling off our best players but helped balance the books which I suppose kept us on an even keel maybe unpopular but there ye go, so thanks Rod.
So to the successor know nothing about him except what I've read here.
Well looks like he's not a Hibs supporter (Not the be all and end all if you're an investor)
He's American so obviously not from Edinburgh so history and rivalry???
If he's going to invest he wants to make the club even greater.
I just hope Hibs don't end up a soul less club with no home grown talent because the top man want results quick and wants to splash the cash on so called quality players.
Or and I don't know what money this guys got but hope he doesn't look across the city after a while and think Edinburgh United that would be a good idea ,one big happy team with a new uniform of maroon and green hoops. What a money maker.
Naww I'm writing a load of pish now but just thought I'd put it out there .
It's looking good for Hibs, wish the new man all the best and like the other American who commented earlier, hope he comes to love Hibs too.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce

His terminology, company spelling and intention is way off.

From what I’ve crammed intae my heid - Bydand Sports LLC oan zero assets at Hibs, just a high percentage of shares in the club.

The floating charge gives them, Ron & Co, security over their investment. Potential future lending is secured too - thinking HTC indoor facility build loan.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Thought I’d take in an American game to see what our new owners might do.

Firstly, they will fix the branding of the stadium inside and out.

Secondly, there’s no reason not to have safe standing.

Thirdly, they will fix the food queues.

Don’t know about the football 😂

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Fourthly, I expect it to be good news for the singing section. They willl get moved to the area behind the goals. And be given a bigger drum. And pyros.

Fifthly, I might be the oldest person here - I think they’ll work harder to attract the younger crowd. I’d guess average age of a fan here is 10-20 years younger.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
As an aside football standard isn’t that much different to Scotland, and they have the strangest looking grass I’ve ever seen

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Seventhly, I think football wise there’s a lot the Americans can learn from us - they might be technically proficient but they are tactically poor and their decision making is spectacularly dismal. This leads me to think there’s more to this deal than meets the eye.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Seventhly, I think football wise there’s a lot the Americans can learn from us - they might be technically proficient but they are tactically poor and their decision making is spectacularly dismal. This leads me to think there’s more to this deal than meets the eye.
What game did yi watch? New York?

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Atethly, what about the hotdogs?

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Nice numbering, B.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Nice numbering, B.
I do try 👍

What game did yi watch? New York?
Orlando v Philadelphia - although might go to Orlando v New York next week to boo Gary Mckay Steven. Love the sea of purple at Orlando

Atethly, what about the hotdogs?
$5 dollars (£4) for a hot dog and pint of soda. $20 for a safe standing ticket (£16) queueing time less than a minute.

Lastly, they have VAR - raised an interesting point in terms of an incident in the lead up to a goal scoring chance - which has me concerned about how you reasonably implement fairly. I’m not convinced everything will get picked up as it should.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Got ma bet up last night wi the USA games, didnae back that game though. There must be nae players in that league that play for the national side, they played Jamaica at the same time as the league games.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Hey @Power, good work keeping schtum for so long😂

Some questions when you're ready:

How much did Ron G buy Petrie and Farmers shares for?
How has that been funded? Eg. Personal wealth, other investors (who?)
Does Ron honour STF's commitment towards eventual fan ownership of the club?

Apologies if any of this is already in the public domain 😄😉

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors