• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

New Kits and Sponsor

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Must be avid Bounce readers!

Don't be lurking out there HCF. Be part of the family ... sign up and be part of the HibeesBounce :-)

That goes for all you other Hibee lurkers.

Go on.

You know you want to.

Other clubs are available but they're not Hibernian FC.
Just donned on me.

If I've got a top without the Hibernian Community Foundation on it everyone is going to think I'm a cheapskate! (all you jokers with smart arse comments can bolt :-)

This is becoming a real fecking quandary.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Canny wait to see it in the flesh.

Needing that purple yin pronto tae.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Eventually got my order through online but had to wait to get on Internet Explorer. The Hibs Direct site doesn't process a payment using card on Chrome or Samsungs browser on mobile devices. This is poor, whoever maintains the site should be ensuring that the functionality is tested for commonly used browsers.
I dinny ken who is responsible for that but let me pick that up, find out and pass it on.

✅

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Just donned on me.

If I've got a top without the Hibernian Community Foundation on it everyone is going to think I'm a cheapskate! (all you jokers with smart arse comments can bolt :-)

This is becoming a real fecking quandary.
I'm going to go for the 'without' version, on the basis that it's a bit late for me giving a fcuk for what anyone thinks of me.

I will however chuck a fiver at the HCF purely for self esteem purposes.

Ryan69

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Both strips are nice, not a fan of purple but nice nonetheless.

Lack of sponsorship if true is a bit of a worry as it probably or usually means significant investment?
Doesnt matter the spin the club are giving on it.....Of course it reflects on our income.

Its a nice idea for this year....But will definately mean we take a hit financially.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Doesnt matter the spin the club are giving on it.....Of course it reflects on our income.

Its a nice idea for this year....But will definately mean we take a hit financially.
I'm not so certain Ted.

We had two offers (allegedly) neither of which were brilliant. Just say it was for £100k (made up number.)
Having no sponsor means that we have free advertising space which would have been part of the deal, which can maybe be sold to other advertisers? The wee betting booths can be leased to another bookie? Maybe more shirts sold because of the lack of sponsor/ Community message? And so on.

So the 'loss' is the sum offered £100k, less all the bits than can be flogged off or generate income - maybe (made up again) £75k....
So a reduction in income of not that much?

Just a thought.

Ryan69

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm not so certain Ted.

We had two offers (allegedly) neither of which were brilliant. Just say it was for £100k (made up number.)
Having no sponsor means that we have free advertising space which would have been part of the deal, which can maybe be sold to other advertisers? The wee betting booths can be leased to another bookie? Maybe more shirts sold because of the lack of sponsor/ Community message? And so on.

So the 'loss' is the sum offered £100k, less all the bits than can be flogged off or generate income - maybe (made up again) £75k....

Just a thought.
Sorry mate....Its lost revenue no matter how you look at it.

I actually like the tops.....But know it means a loss of revenue.

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce

Lost revenue in that regard opens up revenue avenues in same regard, advertising.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce

You don’t agree with my reasoning then.
Opinions eh.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm not so certain Ted.

Just a thought.
£100K to get your companys name on a shirt is very much on the low side.

I would say the figure used to be around £150,000 to £200,000 but may well be dropping as betting and alcohol companys go elsewhere.

I agree with the rest of your reasoning that there will be some positive comeback especially goodwill and the strengthening of the Hibs brand and long term name awareness.

If looking for a bottom line I would say Hibs have around £75,000 to £100,000 less to play with so it goes without saying that the playing budget takes some of the hit.

Its just spin for Leanne to claim that there will "strong playing budget" or "good as last years" or Paul is delighted with his money" or whatever garbage gets printed.

I never bother to read these things but if last season you had £150,000 or £200,000 from having XYZ Ltd on your strip plus all the extras and this year your sponsor is "Hibs Community Foundation" who pay you two apples and an orange then the consequence is inevitably less money for something at the club.

As the player pool is by far the largest expense then this has to take sort of a hit.

Leanne can dress it up any way you like and spin positively especially in the lead up to the season with season tickets still to be sold but that's just the reality of basic economics.

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
But also, if we think the commercial deals are undervalued then pulling it for a year may well help us ensure we get full value in future years. Thereby getting more playing budget.

I’m not privy to the inner workings of the club, btw. Just surmizing.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
But also, the player budget will have been set long before now, offers will have been made to players, it’s not as simple as cutting it anyway.

It may also be the money is clawed back from budget in future years, but that will depend on several factors. I’m no fan of the cult of Leeann but at the same time I don’t believe she’s being disingenuous either.

In the great scheme of things 100k on our playing budget is neither here nor there anyways. It works out at less than £100 a week per player. Much more important is our recruitment plan because if a player isn’t wanting to come for the sake of £100 a week he could double, treble, quadruple his money down south.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
We have record number of season tickets for at least the second year in a row, extra money; we will have instalments coming in from SJM and possibly a promotion bonus, more money; HSL money and there's probably more beside.

If there was ever a year we could afford not to whoore our asses and beg for a main sponsor it was probably this one.

Nex

Bounce Radge
It has been a very long time since I bought a Hibs top (or any football shirt for that matter) due to sponsor logos, this year I have no excuse not to, like others I would have paid more to not have the logo rather than less.

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Away top available from 13/7/19

They better get a few containers over 🤔😁

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Away top available from 13/7/19

They better get a few containers over 🤔😁
Day before ma birthday , no had a strip bought for me in years.... XXXL ...medium if any of ma bairns are reading this. :lookaround:

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Bit more coming out now re Marathonbet. They traded us in for sponsoring La Liga side Sevilla...

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Bit more coming out now re Marathonbet. They traded us in for sponsoring La Liga side Sevilla...
They sponsored Malaga for a few seasons up to last season and I see they've been dumped as well.

These things run their course, I reckon we'd been with them as long as could be expected.

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Away top available from tomorrow

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel