• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Multiple merged threads about Daily Retard articles. by Duncan and Cowan on the SCF

Maybe my outlook on life is different to yours. I have seen the worst things in life over the last couple of years that have changed my outlook on most things. I was no less desperate than you to win the cup, I spend a lot of money and time following the Hibs and anyone that knows me has no doubt about my love for our team. Will I let defeat fuck my day, week or year? No chance. I spent sunday with my mates, family and fellow bouncers. We are realists. I was at every cup tie and 10 away games over and above the home games. I live in hope and WHEN we do win the cup I will be with the same folk. I didn't choose to support Hibs because we were a successful team, I just chose to support them. Choosing to marry my wife and supporting Hibs are the 2 best choices I ever made in my life. In sickness and in health.

- - - Updated - - -

Ken what? At the next cup final if we get beat I am going to smash seats, abuse stewards, punch a cop and get a huge fine, a three year banning order, lose my season ticket and shame the club. Is that enough anger and hurt for the moaners?

You had better take a scarf as well A, so that you can throw it on the pitch. ,

I think Tam Cowan in the record again seems to have it in for us, god forbid you could SUPPORT your own team without it having some sort of masochistic inference....

I wasnt cheering because we got beat by less than last year.... I was supporting the club I'm proud to support. Slow news day and a media that love to bash the Scottish game while being as controversial as possible.

Here's a ground breaking idea, why don't they actually investigate and report something? Hearts cooked books and impending bankruptcy or the newco cover up(s).

I think Tam Cowan in the record again seems to have it in for us, god forbid you could SUPPORT your own team without it having some sort of masochistic inference....

I wasnt cheering because we got beat by less than last year.... I was supporting the club I'm proud to support. Slow news day and a media that love to bash the Scottish game while being as controversial as possible.

Here's a ground breaking idea, why don't they actually investigate and report something? Hearts cooked books and impending bankruptcy or the newco cover up(s).

Aye, the Daily Record has always been like that...
http://www.https://www.dictionary.c...pictures-celtic-fans-partying-seville-1902415

Surely you should be turning on your team if down by 3 goals...
http://www.https://www.dictionary.c...h-news/celtic-fans-kick-party-descend-1744551

Daily Record in "bunch of inconsistent cocks when it comes to the OF and the rest" shocker.

Fuck them.

What does anyone think would have happened in the media or the general chattering fitba classes if we had all walked out? Exactly the same as has happened now. We would have been given pelters for leaving. Just like last year.

Damned if we did, damned if we didn't. We chose the former because it was an act of defiance not weakness. We chose the former because it was the RIGHT thing to do for US and OUR CLUB. We chose the former because things are different in many respects compared to the last 2 or 3 years. Most of us like our club again. Not many of us could say that last season. Loved it, yep. Liked it, naw.

Like I said elsewhere on this subject. Ignore it. Nobody else should tell US how we should feel about OUR club. Or how WE should support OUR club. It is OUR business. We need to take control back from goading Gunts and petty press. We can do that by not letting them tell US how we should feel, act or think about anything.

I`d like to know if any of these hacks have actually asked any Hibs fans what the singing was for....or are they just enjoying giving the nation THEIR reasons. We seem to have the only sports writers in the world who dont feel they have to ask questions or investigate stories.....they just make it up according to their own bias.

Maybe if we had boo-d them and walked out McGivern would not have signed a contract...o but he is a loser..what are we thinking of??

I know I perhaps upset a few people with my comments earlier on in this thread and I apologise for some of the more critical things I perhaps implied about the support which were uncalled for and to be honest I regret stating them. I would not criticise any of the Hibs support who stayed behind and cheered the team because there were special reasons for them to do so. I was just speaking from a purely personal point of view in that I detest losing cup finals with a passion and the last thing I want to to is to sing and cheer when this happens...as I say this is purely a personal viewpoint and it's really just down to how I feel about Hibs losing a cup final and the awful possibility in the back of my mind that I may never actually experience Hibs lifting the Scottish Cup in my lifetime. I do stand by my long held belief that ingrained within the club in general is a mentality which is not anywhere near ruthless enough to win major honours. Last week-end however was not..repeat not an example of this.

Which brings me on this piece of garbage written by the slaver of the year Mr Tam Cowan. What bugs me most about this so called assessment is when he says that Hibs were "dreadful" and implies that we did not show enough fight in the match and made basic errors. I'm not sure what match he attended but it sure as well was not the game I watched last Sunday. Astonishingly, going by some of the comments by some Hibs fans on that "other site" I was reading some of earlier today, there are some people who buy into this assessment. Here is the reality of the situation: Hibs did play well last Sunday...as well as they could play given the circumstances which were:

a) We were playing the best team in the country by a mile on top form, who had won the league by 16 clear points and who never lose Scottish Cup Finals to anybody bar Rangers (very occasionally) and Aberdeen (I think once in the early 80's when the Dons were one of the best teams in the UK never mind Scotland)

b) Hibs finished in the bottom 6 of a mediocre league for the third year running, rained goals for most of the season and depended on one player to score most of our goals.

c) that said player was injured and should not have played in the cup final.

d) Our Captain and leader on the park was injured and could not play meaning we had to play a young laddie with hardly any first team experience in the heart of our defence, ironically Forster was probably our best performing defender on the day.

I thought Hibs competed well for most of the match given the circumstances...we lost two bad goals in the first half but then we have been losing bad goals for most of the season, I don't know why some people seemed to think we would stop doing this in the Scottish Cup Final against the top team in the country...likewise all those people saying we hardly created anything, we should have scored before Hooper opened the scoring which would have changed the game completely..but then throughout the season we have hardly been able to create many clear cut chances in any game, why some people think we were suddenly going to be able to do so against Celtic in a cup final at Hampden is beyond me.

We were beaten fair and square by a very good team who performed superbly on the day, hard though it was to take. We did not disgrace ourselves, and the players were gutted. If we get to another Scottish Cup Final against a non OF team I am confident we will win it. We just have to improve the team to become good enough to win Scottish Cup Finals, we are getting there slowly but surely.

Cowan is best just treated with contempt to be honest....

What does anyone think would have happened in the media or the general chattering fitba classes if we had all walked out? Exactly the same as has happened now. We would have been given pelters for leaving. Just like last year.

Damned if we did, damned if we didn't. We chose the former because it was an act of defiance not weakness. We chose the former because it was the RIGHT thing to do for US and OUR CLUB. We chose the former because things are different in many respects compared to the last 2 or 3 years. Most of us like our club again. Not many of us could say that last season. Loved it, yep. Liked it, naw.

Like I said elsewhere on this subject. Ignore it. Nobody else should tell US how we should feel about OUR club. Or how WE should support OUR club. It is OUR business. We need to take control back from goading Gunts and petty press. We can do that by not letting them tell US how we should feel, act or think about anything.

We can also ram it right up them by winning it next year casper:boxing::yas:

Least of all freeloading media types who have never paid into a game in their puff and are therefore the last people we should be paying attention to when talking about supporting our club

These clowns should concentrate on reporting rather than giving their opinions. What the f*ck makes them worthy of listening to anyway????

Against Modern Football (Writers)

Seemingly, TC has written; probably wi crayons, an farticle about how shite we are and how uck Bodgers will be dodging aboot before we win the Scottish Cup. Tam! You are wan fanny ****! Hope your next tollie's an aneurysm.

I've always hated Motherwell FC. Their fans. The place. Everything about them. Just a ucking horrible little haemorrhoid on the very ersehole of society. You see, unlike most of you, I grew up in Strathaven in the 1980s. I went to school there. I was the only Hibby at my school, and the few MFC fans that there were, were just diet Red Bull huns. I mind after we beat Cowdenbeath 6-0 in August 1985 they made the draw for the next 2 rounds: we would play Motherwell at hame, and the winners would be at hame to the huns-in-hoops (they like to be called Celtic, but we ken different). Anyway, this prize ramjet in ma year goes 'Motherwell wan, Hibs nuthin', Motherwell 6, Celtic nuthin'!' Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, the pure-dead-gallus-aren't you-a-cunny-funt-banter.

For the record, Hibs ucked Motheruckerwell 6-1. (Then beat the huns-in-hoops.)

At the next day at school, ma Hibs scarf was derided by said ersepiece as 'that Fenian thing'. (The funny (as in strange, not amusing) thing is this @@$@ could not spell the word 'Fenian'. No, like aw the rest of the south Lanarkshire massif, he thougt it was some kind of cat thing. He spelt it 'Fenine'. This is true. anny.)

So, Tam Pon has got his Nairobi oot and chugged aw over his typewrite again. Well done, Tam. How auld are you? Forty-12? And that's you just discovered 'the masturbating'? Bet you get a right stauner every time we get knocked out the Scottish Cup, eh?

Funny, though. Of all the teams (and there are many) that have knocked us oot the Scottish Cup, uckerwell have never done it. Ayr United? Lapland Athletic? Inverbogle Cousin-shaggers? Stoorie Brae Doggers? Aye.

But uckerwell? Naw.

And ootside Swynecastle, Fir Park is the only ground we've scored six or more at in a competitive match since 1959.

Twice.

So Tam, next time you're thinking of putting pen to anus, mind us.

And the six goals we've scored against you thrice since 1984.

But you're the ucking beast, son.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. uckerwell have never beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup in aw the years I've been watching Hibs. That's 34 years. (They did beat us in 1976. Before lying down to the hunz (what's new) in the semi. (Tam Pon gets a semi whenever we lose in the cup, though.)

- - - Updated - - -

See if you take the name 'Tam Cowan' and you take a couple of letters oot and put a couple of letters in, you get 'FAT SPECKY WEEGIE WANK'.

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

See if you take the name 'Tam Cowan', and you take a couple of letters out, and you put a couple of letters in, you get 'FAT SPECKY WEEGIE WANK'.

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

Tam, come and review a meal at ma hoose. I'll shite in yer mince and pish in yer wine. Ya fat roaster.

Carlsberg don't write forum posts, but if they did...

Fuck them all. We'll decide how we react, not them.

"We sing when we want

We sing when we waaant

We are the Hibees

We sing when we want"

:pf:

Seemingly, TC has written; probably wi crayons, an farticle about how shite we are and how uck Bodgers will be dodging aboot before we win the Scottish Cup. Tam! You are wan fanny ****! Hope your next tollie's an aneurysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Tam, come and review a meal at ma hoose. I'll shite in yer mince and pish in yer wine. Ya fat roaster.

well bugger me ivE just nearly choked on ma bacon roll !!!! Canny stop laughing. A quality post ST and no mistake!

We'll leave the 'buggery' to the Corgie Gunts!

your quite right sir ! .

The fact i went out with guys after the game and got rat arsed, was irrelevant of how the fuckin game went....i couldnt give two shits if someone wants to go home and crawl into a cupboard and hide away. They can do what the fuck they want
I went out with guys who had travelled a fair distance for the game and wanted to go out for a few pints afterwards, which turned into a great night with a lot of drink consumed, i cant believe because of that we are the equivalent of the tartan Army, and accept mediocrity, fuck me man that is quality, you obviously dont follow Hibs much in with the fans then eh, or you would know that statement is just mental.....
I hope you enjoyed your wee cupboard Cantona and chester perry. Really puzzles me why this bothers people, it really does:hmmm as said though, i couldnt give a fuck
I was out with good guys who are as passionate about Hibs as anyone, but you must be more of a Hibby than anyone with your logic ehdanni

Thanks HB, Word for word agree. Cannae be arsed typing!!!

GGTTH Forever!!!!

:coffee:

I've always hated Motherwell FC. Their fans. The place. Everything about them. Just a ucking horrible little haemorrhoid on the very ersehole of society. You see, unlike most of you, I grew up in Strathaven in the 1980s. I went to school there. I was the only Hibby at my school, and the few MFC fans that there were, were just diet Red Bull huns. I mind after we beat Cowdenbeath 6-0 in August 1985 they made the draw for the next 2 rounds: we would play Motherwell at hame, and the winners would be at hame to the huns-in-hoops (they like to be called Celtic, but we ken different). Anyway, this prize ramjet in ma year goes 'Motherwell wan, Hibs nuthin', Motherwell 6, Celtic nuthin'!' Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, the pure-dead-gallus-aren't you-a-cunny-funt-banter.

At the next day at school, ma Hibs scarf was derided by said ersepiece as 'that Fenian thing'. (The funny (as in strange, not amusing) thing is this @@$@ could not spell the word 'Fenian'. No, like aw the rest of the south Lanarkshire massif, he thougt it was some kind of cat thing. He spelt it 'Fenine'. This is true. anny.)

So, Tam Pon has got his Nairobi oot and chugged aw over his typewrite again. Well done, Tam. How auld are you? Forty-12? And that's you just discovered 'the masturbating'? Bet you get a right stauner every time we get knocked out the Scottish Cup, eh?

Funny, though. Of all the teams (and there are many) that have knocked us oot the Scottish Cup, uckerwell have never done it. Ayr United? Lapland Athletic? Inverbogle Cousin-shaggers? Stoorie Brae Doggers? Aye.

But uckerwell? Naw.

And ootside Swynecastle, Fir Park is the only ground we've scored six or more at in a competitive match since 1959.

Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. uckerwell have never beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup in aw the years I've been watching Hibs. That's 34 years. (They did beat us in 1976. Before lying down to the hunz (what's new) in the semi. (Tam Pon gets a semi whenever we lose in the cup, though.)

- - - Updated - - -

See if you take the name 'Tam Cowan' and you take a couple of letters oot and put a couple of letters in, you get 'FAT SPECKY WEEGIE WANK'.

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

See if you take the name 'Tam Cowan', and you take a couple of letters out, and you put a couple of letters in, you get 'FAT SPECKY WEEGIE WANK'.

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

You of all people should have behaved as expected by the monumentally unfunny TC. Travel fae Wales, do a half marathon for the memory and related charity of a great Hibby who died far, far too young, then see yer team gubbed (convincingly). Shame on you and your Dad Ian coming to see other St. Pat's members in the packed Hibs Club where the Mental Hibees and bairns were on the dance floor all night dancing like loonies to the the DJ's non stop Northern Soul, Motown, Reggae and Ska, with a dash of Proclaimers and the Monkees.

BIG G

You of all people should have behaved as expected by the monumentally unfunny TC. Travel fae Wales, do a half marathon for the memory and related charity of a great Hibby who died far, far too young, then see yer team gubbed (convincingly). Shame on you and your Dad Ian coming to see other St. Pat's members in the packed Hibs Club where the Mental Hibees and bairns were on the dance floor all night dancing like loonies to the the DJ's non stop Northern Soul, Motown, Reggae and Ska, with a dash of Proclaimers and the Monkees.

BIG G

sounds a great night G . Wished I was there.

'Defiance' should be our new club motto

Yet again, Mikey, Teresa speaks word of wisdom. She's a wonderful woman, your good lady. But you ken that, and she kens that you ken that.

Anyway, aye. The St Pat's branch is a magnificent social and cultural institution doing pioneering work in the good name of Hibernian FC. Gordon and Dougie send regular emails; they're very pro-active. And, without wishing to sound like Smashy and Nicey, they do a lot of good work for charity. For example, they made a significant donation to Sleep Apnoea Trust; for whom I ran the half marathon last Sunday.

I would strongly recommend to any Hibby that they join the St Pat's branch.

The website: www.hiberniansaintpatricks.com is brand new as well.

I agree with Sweary, all the best Hibby's are in St Pat's, I know my and me two laddies are proud to be members.

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the IRA songs that were clearly being sung by the unwashed through out the game,oh wait what we will do is deflect all the attention away from that and slate the Hibs for wanting to loose another cup final,but tam it wisnae us they Hibbys forced us to do it.....the guy is a tool:pf:

Which brings me on this piece of garbage written by the slaver of the year Mr Tam Cowan. What bugs me most about this so called assessment is when he says that Hibs were "dreadful" and implies that we did not show enough fight in the match and made basic errors. I'm not sure what match he attended but it sure as well was not the game I watched last Sunday. Astonishingly, going by some of the comments by some Hibs fans on that "other site" I was reading some of earlier today, there are some people who buy into this assessment. Here is the reality of the situation: Hibs did play well last Sunday...as well as they could play given the circumstances which were:

I think the last few years of terrible football have resulted in people accepting last weeks performance as something half decent, when it was actually a poor performance again. That Celtic defence was there to be got at and we hardly created a thing. I had expected alot more from Hibs, especially considering last years final.

But uckerwell? Naw.

Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

Bounce fuckin Gold, ya bas!

I think the last few years of terrible football have resulted in people accepting last weeks performance as something half decent, when it was actually a poor performance again. That Celtic defence was there to be got at and we hardly created a thing. I had expected alot more from Hibs, especially considering last years final.

I think the keys to the day was Griffiths not being fully fit and (according Thellick Fans I know), them having the second best performance of their season.

But uckerwell? Naw.

Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

fANNY THAT, EH?

- - - Updated - - -

A post so good I had to read it twice. Good work. Don't think you would want to be in a shiting contest with Cowan though.

As already mentioned; Defiance was what the end of the game and the evening piss up was all about. No matter the shit we've been through, we'll still support our team.

Hibs turned up, lost two shitty goals but we didn't give up. I was proud that the players, up against it, still played and still gave a fuck. We, the support, appreciated that. That's all we've ever asked for, players to show the passion we have, to hurt like we do.

They did that this year, they showed us & our club some respect, fucking finally. And I think we, most of us, appreciated that.

GGTTH.

I think the keys to the day was Griffiths not being fully fit and (according Thellick Fans I know), them having the second best performance of their season.

anyone know when / how LG picked up his injury? was it in training?

hope it wasn't against Dundee at ER, a game I was very surprised to see him play in.

anyone know when / how LG picked up his injury? was it in training?

hope it wasn't against Dundee at ER, a game I was very surprised to see him play in.

Playing football at world of soccer with his wee brother the wednesday before the final is what I've been told.

Playing football at world of soccer with his wee brother the wednesday before the final is what I've been told.

aye assume that is a jambo rumour though...

aye assume that is a jambo rumour though...

his brother(s) were on the bus from gladstones to final with a guy who comes in the shop, they are the ones who told him.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-its-not-end-of-world-for-hibs-29299824.html

I've a theory what this (the spiteful daily rangers articles) are really about.

Fenlon won't speak to them - or maybe more accurately tells them as little as possible and doesn't "play ball" with them feeding the exclusives, keeping them in the loop. It's emphasised because he's obviously a very articulate and intelligent man. He also trusts some Irish journalists to report him accurately...Oh we've come full circle.

I think the daily record would quite like to be banned from Easter Road. I think Pat and management wind them up even more by ignoring them.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-its-not-end-of-world-for-hibs-29299824.html

Fenlon won't speak to them - or maybe more accurately tells them as little as possible and doesn't "play ball" with them feeding the exclusives, keeping them in the loop. It's emphasised because he's obviously a very articulate and intelligent man. He also trusts some Irish journalists to report him accurately...Oh we've come full circle.

I think the daily record would quite like to be banned from Easter Road. I think Pat and management wind them up even more by ignoring them.

I'd welcome banning the twats from ER. This whole furore has left a very sour taste in my mouth. As has been said numerous times - we'd have been slaughtered for walking out and now we're getting pelters for staying. The team would have been murdered for playing abjectly, now they simply spin a decent performance against a far better team as abject. We really can't win.

Was talking to someone today and discussing the fact that perhaps it has something to do with us and Fenlon not having much to slag - we've been making steady improvement, and are a well-run, uncontroversial club. Which is anathema to the media. Now they have to cook up angles.

The backhanded compliment, I guess, is that if St. Mirren, Motherwell or the like had lost to Celtic on Sunday, you could put the fucking mortgage on the media hailing their brilliant support and plucky team. But nobody needs to write about them. The other clubs of comparable size have ready made angles: the Gunts could fill a supplement with how dodgy they are, and Aberdeen are simply an irrelevance in terms of competing in cups.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd welcome banning the twats from ER. This whole furore has left a very sour taste in my mouth. As has been said numerous times - we'd have been slaughtered for walking out and now we're getting pelters for staying. The team would have been murdered for playing abjectly, now they simply spin a decent performance against a far better team as abject. We really can't win.

Was talking to someone today and discussing the fact that perhaps it has something to do with us and Fenlon not having much to slag - we've been making steady improvement, and are a well-run, uncontroversial club. Which is anathema to the media. Now they have to cook up angles.

The backhanded compliment, I guess, is that if St. Mirren, Motherwell or the like had lost to Celtic on Sunday, you could put the fucking mortgage on the media hailing their brilliant support and plucky team. But nobody needs to write about them. The other clubs of comparable size have ready made angles: the Gunts could fill a supplement with how dodgy they are, and Aberdeen are simply an irrelevance in terms of competing in cups.

I really do think we need to get some sort of perspective here. Hibs have been a bottom six team for the last three seasons and we have relied on one player to score the vast majority of our goals. We lack creative players and for this reason we have hardly created any clear cut chances throughout the whole season against anyone, and it is the reason why we failed to create shances in the cup final. We almost got relegated last season. With all that in mind and remembering that our best player and the one most likely to score a goal or create something for us Leigh Griffiths was injured two days before the game and our captain and leader on the park James Mcpake was missing meaning we had three laddies playing against the champions of Scotland in the Scottish Cup Final. I thought Hibs played as well as they could play in the circumstances. The posession stats were 50-50 which also points to a reasonably competitve performance. The first goal is always vital against Celtic pairticularly in a cup final and they got it after only 7 minutes. I'm willing to criticise the back four for the loss of that goal which finished the match as a contest, but I think criticism of the teams' overall performance last Sunday is harsh and IMO wrong. When we get a better team at Easter Road then I will expect better performances against the likes of Celtic in cup finals, but until then I think we just have to support the manager in his quest to make this great club of ours successful again.

I really do think we need to get some sort of perspective here. Hibs have been a bottom six team for the last three seasons and we have relied on one player to score the vast majority of our goals. We lack creative players and for this reason we have hardly created any clear cut chances throughout the whole season against anyone, and it is the reason why we failed to create shances in the cup final. We almost got relegated last season. With all that in mind and remembering that our best player and the one most likely to score a goal or create something for us Leigh Griffiths was injured two days before the game and our captain and leader on the park James Mcpake was missing meaning we had three laddies playing against the champions of Scotland in the Scottish Cup Final. I thought Hibs played as well as they could play in the circumstances. The posession stats were 50-50 which also points to a reasonably competitve performance. The first goal is always vital against Celtic pairticularly in a cup final and they got it after only 7 minutes. I'm willing to criticise the back four for the loss of that goal which finished the match as a contest, but I think criticism of the teams' overall performance last Sunday is harsh and IMO wrong. When we get a better team at Easter Road then I will expect better performances against the likes of Celtic in cup finals, but until then I think we just have to support the manager in his quest to make this great club of ours successful again.
Nice words ma man. But when that first goal went in we aw knew. And when the 2nd went in...

It wisnae even that we lost that first goal, it was the manner in which we lost it. Shambolic defending from the whole defence, from their first attack too! Scunnering cos we aw knew deep down what this meant....nae chance

Game over. Sigh

Ken what? Ram the Scottish Cup! It's bona-fido tainted. Defo summit wrong with it. Never liked the fuckin thing anyways...

Europe can F off anaw!

Pah

This thread has been viewed 12469 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back