• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Multiple merged threads about Daily Retard articles. by Duncan and Cowan on the SCF

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Totally Al. And we were still going forward at the end. I remember us having a corner with 5 minutes to go and our centre halves were still up for it. Wee boozy kept running at them and Taiwo had a shot blocked late on if I remember correctly. Shite journalism at it,s worst
I remember Caldwell lining up and smashing one into a defender as well. (Mulgrew I think)
We never gave up, we just weren't good enough on the day.

Absolute arsehole whoever the prick who wrote all that is. The fact that he's working for the record says it all. Shouldn't let him get to us, obviously just another hun prick raging that Celtic are in fact the best team in Scotland.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Just to reiterate - in the last FIFTY YEARS, only Aberdeen (4), Dundee Utd (1) and the Gunts (1) have beaten either of the Old Firm in a Scottish Cup Final.

That's SIX TIMES in HALF A FUCKING CENTURY, three of which were by the Aberdeen side who were then arguably the pre-eminent team in Scotland - itself an occurrence even rarer and even less likely to reoccur.

Honestly, all this "loser" chat has really boiled ma pish the last couple of days. :banger:

Lexo

Optomistic Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Just to reiterate - in the last FIFTY YEARS, only Aberdeen (4), Dundee Utd (1) and the Gunts (1) have beaten either of the Old Firm in a Scottish Cup Final.

That's SIX TIMES in HALF A FUCKING CENTURY, three of which were by the Aberdeen side who were then arguably the pre-eminent team in Scotland - itself an occurrence even rarer and even less likely to reoccur.

Honestly, all this "loser" chat has really boiled ma pish the last couple of days. :banger:
Top post mate.

levenhibee

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You could ask the hack why he`s not writing for The Times or The Washington Post, where`s his journalistic ambition , maybe The Retard`s his level .

Comparisons are easy for a few throw away lines, up down ,black white ,if you give Hibs the same money to spend on players then be judgemental about our performance for the record (no pun intended ) Im a still angry at many things about Sundays match but I understand the reasons why , only peeing with what you`ve got is the bottom line .

The bookies had Hibs @7/1 on Sunday so its no rocket science to work out where the cup was going to go ,
we had to be very very good with no mistakes and they had to be awful ,what actually happened we were no very good and they were good or as good as they had to be .

GGTTH

"You could ask the hack why he`s not writing for The Times or The Washington Post, where`s his journalistic ambition , maybe The Retard`s his level" .

Because he accepts mediocrity (Daily not fit for bogroll Record), he knows his journalistic skills are way below the standard required for a School magazine.

andi

Bounce Radge
Re Colin Duncans column never have truer words been written . Felon and his players lack of realism and culpability after another happen horror show is laughable . As Duncan says with this mentality it will be another hundred years before we win the Scottish cup. Felons aftermath summing up of the game showed weakness and weak managers will never bring success on the pitch

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Dont know how i missed this earlier but...
Total pish
FFs lets go home and sit in a dark cupboard
Or go out and get pished and say fuck it....its a game of fitba, we all want to win but ffs life goes on:banger:
I went straight home after last years game, wasnt doing it this time, if you think that is because i accept mediocrity then you are way of the fuckin mark

Exactly, they want us to have a great sporting occassion...laugh and smile for the cameras...then slink off when we get beat. I think I'll choose to be happy if I want to be. Not happy at the score, but happy at the effort put in...oh and I was having a few drinks and a sing song even last year...not because Hibs gave me anything to sing about, but because I could and felt like it. Supporting a team does not depend on being a winner, just ask supporters of a team like Arbroath that! Supporting a team is a choice and should bring some pleasure no matter what. If my choice of supporting football was based on winning medals then I'd support one of the bigot brothers, but it isn't, it is rooted in my own local area and culture. So go do one, all the doom and gloom merchants who want us to all hide under our beds. Hibs won trophies not so long ago and also got to other cup finals beating both rangers and celtic along the way...it just wasn't to be this time...but so what, next year brings new opportunity.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I don't think we accept it, no. However, I am concerned that in arguably our four biggest games in the past 13 years we've conceded fifteen and scored just one. Surely that speaks to a deeper issue within our club, to a lack of bottle from the players and successive managers, and, of course, to a smattering of bad luck?
What 4 games?
I'm guessing the 3 Scottish cup finals.. So we're 11-1 there.
What's the other game? :dunno:

Edit...

Just remembered the semi against Hearts, 4-0... That would make it up.

We have won a trophy in that time frame though, 5-1.. Makes the numbers a wee bitty better.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Yep, if we take into account the league cup win (and the final vs. livvy) the figures become 18 conceded, 6 scored. A shocking record which averages out as a 3-1 defeat every time we play on the big stage.

But you're only including games we lost on the big stage. We'd need to include the semi's that we won (and lost) as well surely?

We'll still be at a negative score I reckon, but it would be harsh to include all finals and only 1 semi where we were heavily defeated?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Re Colin Duncans column never have truer words been written . Felon and his players lack of realism and culpability after another happen horror show is laughable . As Duncan says with this mentality it will be another hundred years before we win the Scottish cup. Felons aftermath summing up of the game showed weakness and weak managers will never bring success on the pitch
Fenlon isn't to blame for 111 years, neither is Rod Petrie, neither are the players so to conflate them with 'another 100 years' is deeply unfair.

If you read the fanzine Fenlon said something along the lines of 'Hibs will win the cup, and I hope I'm the manager to do it' which is more realistic.

We can aim to make as many semis as possible, and then as many finals as possible, and we will win one. You knock the mentality - well, that's the same mentality that's seen us undefeated in 5 derbies this season.

MixuDave

Part of Bounce
But you're only including games we lost on the big stage. We'd need to include the semi's that we won (and lost) as well surely?

We'll still be at a negative score I reckon, but it would be harsh to include all finals and only 1 semi where we were heavily defeated?
We have played 5 finals at Hampden this millenium so far, we have an agg score of 14-6 against :sadwalk:

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
We have played 5 finals at Hampden this millenium so far, we have an agg score of 14-6 against :sadwalk:
The one we did win made up for it a wee bit though.
Now imagine winning the Scottish with a 1-0... No previous scores, ever! Would matter ever again :yas:

We do need to do better, that's without saying, but there's a lot of points in this thread alone that show it's not nearly as bad as it's made out.
We use up all our luck getting through the other rounds, but more often than not the team we end up being against at the end is a team who didn't need luck to get through, they're either superior or cheating ****s.

MixuDave

Part of Bounce
The one we did win made up for it a wee bit though.
Now imagine winning the Scottish with a 1-0... No previous scores, ever! Would matter ever again :yas:

We do need to do better, that's without saying, but there's a lot of points in this thread alone that show it's not nearly as bad as it's made out.
We use up all our luck getting through the other rounds, but more often than not the team we end up being against at the end is a team who didn't need luck to get through, they're either superior or cheating ****s.
Wasnae really making any particular point tbh H, just thats the aggregate score that matters imo, and no matter how ye dress it up its no great mate imo

wee 162

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
That's true, but I don't consider semis like that against Falkirk to be in the same league as finals and 'that' semi, plus, as you point out, our for/against ratio would still be shocking.

We have more mettle at the moment than we have in a while, but we still aren't winners. That mentality takes time to develop though I do think we're on the right track.
Probably should have worked harder to keep the person who actually got us winning a final tbh...

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Now i come on hear and read about how Leith Walk was bouncing on Sunday Night and congas around Robbies and god knows what else.
So the answer has to be yes on that evidence we do accept mediocrity and the reporter does have a point.
There was nothing mediocre about Robbies on Sunday, let me assure you.And furthermore, no one there would have accepted any other than a top notch bevvy in celebration of our football team, in victory or defeat.

Lexo

Optomistic Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I can sort of see his point. I left Hampden on Sunday gutted at getting beat but happy we did not get humiliated.
Then when i watched the game again yesterday i realised how poor we actually were. The defending was abysmal and the midfield and strikeforce non existent.
Now you have to ask yourself how Dundee Utd who are no better than us took this same Celtic team to extra time in the semi last month and were very unlucky to lose and St Mirren who are worse than us actually beat them in the League Cup semi yet they completely steam rollered over the top of us.
Now i come on hear and read about how Leith Walk was bouncing on Sunday Night and congas around Robbies and god knows what else.
So the answer has to be yes on that evidence we do accept mediocrity and the reporter does have a point.
Pish. I think we have to many moaning faced folk in our support who will never be happy. If spending the last day of the season with your mates having a good time, even in defeat is accepting mediocrity, I will hold my hand up. I don't think it is though, it is what decent folk do with their friends and family. Would you rather we slinked off home with our tails between our legs? Bollocks tae that

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
There was nothing mediocre about Robbies on Sunday, let me assure you.And furthermore, no one there would have accepted any other than a top notch bevvy in celebration of our football team, in victory or defeat.
Indeed, feck off home after the game or have a couple of days on the sauce with folk who travelled from Groningen, Shetland, Cardiff, London..........:hmmm

No contest :ura:

Cantona

Bounced Out!
Pish. I think we have to many moaning faced folk in our support who will never be happy. If spending the last day of the season with your mates having a good time, even in defeat is accepting mediocrity, I will hold my hand up. I don't think it is though, it is what decent folk do with their friends and family. Would you rather we slinked off home with our tails between our legs? Bollocks tae that
You obviously feel defeat in a different way to me. I was desperate to win the game as i am every game and felt gutted when we didnt.
I didn't go out last sunday for a jolly boys outing. I can do that anytime. I went out to see a victory in a huge game for the club.
Just because you have a winning mentality doesn't mean you are not a decent person. Some folk have different demands to others.
Hibs will never be successful until we eradicate this meek soft centre that we have had for years. It infects many fans and works it way down to the players.
The fans have got to start demanding success. If not then we may as well stop being a sports team and just become a big social club instead.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You obviously feel defeat in a different way to me. I was desperate to win the game as i am every game and felt gutted when we didnt.
I didn't go out last sunday for a jolly boys outing. I can do that anytime. I went out to see a victory.
Just because you have a winning mentality doesn't mean you are not a decent person. Some folk have different demands to others.
Hibs will never be successful until we eradicate this meek soft centre that we have had for years. It infects many fans and works it way down to the players.
The fans have got to start demanding success. If not we may as well stop being a sports team and just become a big social club instead.
So what do we do when we lose?

Should we have boo'd them off the park on Sunday?

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
So what do we do when we lose?

Should we have boo'd them off the park on Sunday?
Not good enough Hammi. We should have thrown our scarfs and bunnets etc on to the pitch whilst booing and then gone straight home for a cry and a cup of hot tea [that'll cheer you up and no mistake]

I can kind of see where Cantona is coming from but to be perfectly honest, folk were out drinking and having a laugh at the end of the season with like minded sorts that they might not see again until next season and were not simply out celebrating a defeat.

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I didn't go out last sunday for a jolly boys outing. I can do that anytime. I went out to see a victory in a huge game for the club.
The fans have got to start demanding success. If not then we may as well stop being a sports team and just become a big social club instead.
Tartan Army syndrome, turn up, accept defeat and have a party regardless. That attitude will rub off on the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors