• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Mugs Again

Going to be at silverknowes golf club briefly around 15.45 tomorrow if any other want to collect

One of the most random posts ever.

One of the most random posts ever.
Not really , collecting a camera lens for my grandson there

Not really , collecting a camera lens for my grandson there

Oh aye.

The Silverknowes Swap Shop.
Should have realised.
Haven’t seen a pic of your grandson so no idea if that’s a good deal or not.

Big cruise ships drop off at Silverknowes now eh? Every day’s a school day here.

Oh aye.

The Silverknowes Swap Shop.
Should have realised.
Haven’t seen a pic of your grandson so no idea if that’s a good deal or not.

Big cruise ships drop off at Silverknowes now eh? Every day’s a school day here.

Sure is matey, ahoy therev

Going to be at silverknowes golf club briefly around 15.45 tomorrow if any other want to collect

18th there the most soul sapping holes in all of golf. Think it was the longest hole in Europe for quite a while.

18th there the most soul sapping holes in all of golf. Think it was the longest hole in Europe for quite a while.
Jeez, that brings back childhood traumas, thinking I was the only poor wee fúcker that found it such an endless purgatory of a hole! 606 yds?

The 7th here at Glenrothes is a long one and the 1st at Whitekirk was hellish long for a par 4

The 7th here at Glenrothes is a long one and the 1st at Whitekirk was hellish long for a par 4

Played both Darren, Whitekirk quite a few times. ‘The Awakener’ I think. Always into the wind.

Played both Darren, Whitekirk quite a few times. ‘The Awakener’ I think. Always into the wind.

Played Whitekirk with Dub and yourself many years ago, tester

Played Whitekirk with Dub and yourself many years ago, tester

I hacked my way round there with Dub and a few Bouncers too.
To be honest I can't remember much about the golf, but the waitress serving up the bacon rolls was absolutely gorgeous.

Jeez, that brings back childhood traumas, thinking I was the only poor wee fúcker that found it such an endless purgatory of a hole! 606 yds?
It used tae be 618 yds, my grandad used tae be the greenkeeper, lived in the big hoose in the middle of the course.

It used tae be 618 yds, my grandad used tae be the greenkeeper, lived in the big hoose in the middle of the course.
I used to glue sniff, defecate and burn golf balls amongst other things in the woods near the hoose. A lot of peeps did. [emoji56]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

If you were shitting golf balls your diet must have been below par.

I used to glue sniff, defecate and burn golf balls amongst other things in the woods near the hoose. A lot of peeps did. [emoji56]

So did my grandad! :yayyy:

Here's a wee piece from the history of the golf club from its website. A couple of my uncles in that list.
Co-incidentally, a motley crew of regulars in the local Muirhouse Arms, Davidson’s Mains, were planning to form a Golf Section. A meeting was held in the pub on 14th June 1956, and the motion was adopted!
The men agreeing to start a Silverknowes Golf Section were:
Jimmy McKenzie – Landlord
Alastair McKenzie – Publican (Jimmy’s son)
George Black – Painter
Jim Clark – Greengrocer
Willie Trotter – Grocer
Tom Weir – Plumber
Chas. Southwell – Slater
Chas. Southwell Jnr. – Airport Baggage Master
John Blaikie – Ironmonger
Sam Adams – Gas Worker
Martin Meehan – Gas worker
John Peden (Haulage Contractor)
Magnus McDonald – Engineer
Willie McMorran – Butcher
Andrew Aitchison – Butcher
Willie Southwell – Clerk
Robert Brown – Jobbing Builder
Edward Brown – Gardener (Robert’s brother)

And folk say men can't multitask ??

So did my grandad! :yayyy:

Here's a wee piece from the history of the golf club from its website. A couple of my uncles in that list.
Co-incidentally, a motley crew of regulars in the local Muirhouse Arms, Davidson’s Mains, were planning to form a Golf Section. A meeting was held in the pub on 14th June 1956, and the motion was adopted!
The men agreeing to start a Silverknowes Golf Section were:
Jimmy McKenzie – Landlord
Alastair McKenzie – Publican (Jimmy’s son)
George Black – Painter
Jim Clark – Greengrocer
Willie Trotter – Grocer
Tom Weir – Plumber
Chas. Southwell – Slater
Chas. Southwell Jnr. – Airport Baggage Master
John Blaikie – Ironmonger
Sam Adams – Gas Worker
Martin Meehan – Gas worker
John Peden (Haulage Contractor)
Magnus McDonald – Engineer
Willie McMorran – Butcher
Andrew Aitchison – Butcher
Willie Southwell – Clerk
Robert Brown – Jobbing Builder
Edward Brown – Gardener (Robert’s brother)
Cheers for that billy, need a halftime cheer up.

So that,s why it was the cheapest and least posh golf course in town... or was that carricknowe? :)

Good on yer granda anyhoo!

Am I able to meet you before the game on Saturday to pick up the mugs mate?

Am I able to meet you before the game on Saturday to pick up the mugs mate?

I'm not back till Sunday I'm afraid , next home game though

I'm not back till Sunday I'm afraid , next home game though
Dodgers game for me D. I'm in NYC for St Mirren.

I should be in Edinburgh about 18-45 tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up

Any spares , how much

Any spares , how much

Hard to tell till i hear from a few who initially ordered mate , I'll let you know £8

I’ll be there the morn Daz, usually in the Loch Inn but if your no near , mibbes club shop pre game mate?

I’ll be there the morn Daz, usually in the Loch Inn but if your no near , mibbes club shop pre game mate?

Thought you were in NYC ?? but aye club shop say 7.15 - 7.30 ish ?

Aye a
Thought you were in NYC ?? but aye club shop say 7.15 - 7.30 ish ?
Aye but back the morn mate. That’s perfect bud

Aye a

Aye but back the morn mate. That’s perfect bud

Bummer but at least you get to the game , see you then

Yeah mate 100%. Was about to message you! I think I'll be in the Hibs club but can meet you wherever

Yeah mate 100%. Was about to message you! I think I'll be in the Hibs club but can meet you wherever

shop 7 15 - 7 30 ?

shop 7 15 - 7 30 ?
Perfect mate

shop 7 15 - 7 30 ?

I'm behind the goals mate, give me a shout when you're here.

I'm behind the goals mate, give me a shout when you're here.
Outside shop now

From the thread title I thought this was a general comment on all of us here tonight.

From the thread title I thought this was a general comment on all of us here tonight.

Fuckin grim

Right the last few folk that ordered contact me when you want them , if you no longer want them let me know as a few have asked about spares

Right the last few folk that ordered contact me when you want them , if you no longer want them let me know as a few have asked about spares
am not gonna make it down till after the year D so if other folk want them that's fine with me mate .

am not gonna make it down till after the year D so if other folk want them that's fine with me mate .

Thanks mate , Appreciate that

@GORDONSMITH7 Sunday before / after ?

Hi Daz, I will give you a bell today amigo.
Thanks.
BIG G

Hi Daz, I will give you a bell today amigo.
Thanks.
BIG G

Nae bother matey

This thread has been viewed 13695 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50