Molde v Hibs (Agg 0-0)

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 2, 2010
Glasgow
I didn't really rate Molde if I'm honest. They kept the ball well but it was all quite stodgy and sideways, I only really remember them being threatening when they ditched that went long, Laidlaw's only saves of the game were from headers right?

I thought we were very unlucky not to score last night and should have won. Hyndman looks like a player we should have on from the start once he is integrated, his goal bound shot would have been a peach and he looked sufficiently pissed off that it didn't go in.

For all our decent play there was a super sized chunk of creativity missing though eh?

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
I was speaking to a Bournemouth/Hibs fan last night whose seen Hyndman play a few times. Thinks we've got a cracking player!

I woke up twice last night convinced we had scored and won the tie. I don't normally dream so it must have been a premonition of the away tie in which we'll score twice and win the tie!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
kirkcaldy
With SJM probably off I can't see anything other than Bartman slotting into the CDM position and Mallan moving into a more attacking role.

With Jamie coming in, the big question is who we now play at RWB. Boyle isn't needed up top anymore so does SDG drop to the bench? It would be harsh because he's been in great form?
SDG is a must for start line up , in any game . IMO

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
After tonight and other games Daz might struggle to take Ryan's place! The youngster has been superb.
I think Porteous is being nurtured and prepared to take over from Darren McG. Similar type of defender. I think we need four central defenders competing for places and as long as Darren McG can keep on playing I am happy with him, Porteous, Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon being these four.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
I think Porteous is being nurtured and prepared to take over from Darren McG. Similar type of defender. I think we need four central defenders competing for places and as long as Darren McG can keep on playing I am happy with him, Porteous, Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon being these four.
I agree.

Particularly about Porteous.

The lad looks to be the real deal.

As for the tie...

It's not a bad result. Clearly, Molde will approach the home game differently but the reality is that they'll be desperate to avoid losing an away goal. As we didn't lose one, scoring first in Norway will give us a MASSIVE advantage and it's certainly not beyond us. Save some goalkeeping heroics, we'd be ahead in this tie already.

What's more interesting is that Dinamo Minsk thrashed Zenit last night. It could well be a trip to Belarus that awaits the winner, and I think that tie looks a lot more winnable.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
I thought Molde looked a bit less than threatening, although they were neat and tidy enough.

I strongly suspect they will be a much more effective outfit on their own plastic pitch.

Jul 13, 2010
kirkcaldy
As I've said on numerous occassions Efe has lots of qualities , defending not usually one of them , now and again , as last night , he has an error free defensive game , it would be great if he could continue in that vein , time will tell ?

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
Interesting all the comments on here - for what it’s worth (little) Preston and Michael Stewart were singing Porteous’ praises on the radio. Almost immediately it sounded like he had a terrible ten minutes. They also though Efe tries to play the ball too much rather than picking up his man and that gave Molde opportunities they shouldn’t have had.

(Don’t shoot the messenger now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
May 18, 2013
Edinburgh
And as he is being loaned back to them you may find out next week
Does that mean he can play in the second leg? Surely if salzburg have bought him and then loaned him back would mean that he would have broken his contract with molde and become a salzburg player who would then have to draw up a new contract for molde to take him back on loan. Given that the cut off point for registering players was wed midnight cet he wouldn't be illegible for the second leg mate?

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Does that mean he can play in the second leg? Surely if salzburg have bought him and then loaned him back would mean that he would have broken his contract with molde and become a salzburg player who would then have to draw up a new contract for molde to take him back on loan. Given that the cut off point for registering players was wed midnight cet he wouldn't be illegible for the second leg mate?
I have looked and can't find anything to definitely confirm that he put pen to paper. He's still registered for Molde on the UEFA site. Dortmund came in for him on Thursday too?
Who knows....

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
Hibs fans have the upper and lower tiers of section k of their ground. Pretty impressive stadium.

Herkommermolde
We’ve got tickets for the upper tier, tenner a pop, bargain! Think it’s unallocated seating?