• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

McGinn signs!

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

Happy with this

STEPHEN McGINN COMPLETES MOVE

Continue reading...

Welcome to the Hibees Stephen...even though you have been here for while !

Good addition IMO. Brings leadership and experience to our midfield.

He was Ross's captain at St Mirren when they won the Championship to get promotion.

Welcome to Hibs ...

We've had McGinns
A prile of boy McGinns ...

One for the stattos. Have we ever had 3 brothers played for the club before?

Ok he'd previously been training with us, but it's good that it's been kept under wraps that they were working on a deal for him unlike the McCrorie debacle. Welcome to Hibs Stephen!

Gogic
Newell
McGinn
Mallan
Allan
Hallberg

F Murray who will be loaned shortly if not already.

Who’s gonna be leaving? Hallberg current 8/15 favourite.

Still need another in there to get us up the park

Gogic
Newell
McGinn
Mallan
Allan
Hallberg

Hallberg I reckon.

Welcome to Hibs ...

We've had McGinns
A prile of boy McGinns ...

One for the stattos. Have we ever had 3 brothers played for the club before?

Good question...I'll have a think

Deemed not good enough for St Mirren? ?

Welcome aboard Stephen. Good to have someone with knowledge of the league in the middle of the park.

That said, is there a reason he only played 12 times for St Mirren last season? Seems odd considering he was Captain?

One good thing for me is that if his attitude is as good as that of his two brothers, then we'll never get less than total commitment – which should be the absolute minimum requirement for anyone pulling on our jersey.

I remember him giving our midfield a right hard time so as long as he's fit I'm happy with this, and as Aggie says, him and his brothers work hard and are very consistent.

One good thing for me is that if his attitude is as good as that of his two brothers, then we'll never get less than total commitment – which should be the absolute minimum requirement for anyone pulling on our jersey.
Was it Meatloaf, 2 out of 3 ain't bad?

So what's to lose?

I remember him giving our midfield a right hard time so as long as he's fit I'm happy with this, and as Aggie says, him and his brothers work hard and are very consistent.

Agreed. A solid and experienced professional for numbers, a squad player, much like Whittaker last season.

I spoke to Mr McGinn Senior a couple of years back at Motherwell when we had SuperJ and he mentioned how difficult it was to 'support' all 3 sons on a Saturday.....
Hibs are making it as easy as possible!

Pity we didn't have all 3 at once!

St Mirren obviously felt the game was up after his 4 months off with a knee injury when they decided not to renew his contract.?

Fair play to Hibs for offering McGinn training facilities but its taken a long time to offer him anything given we are already 6 weeks into the season.

There are plenty games coming up and definitely room for more bodies but a 9 month contract and Hibs now operating a one in one and one out policy of maybe Halberg leaving makes you feel Hibs are now circling the wagons in financial terms.?

As a squad player, someone who can come in and cover the likes of Gogic, this is a very clever signing. Can’t imagine he’s on big wages and he seems to be a good character to have around the place, plus the manager trusts him.

St Mirren obviously felt the game was up after his 4 months off with a knee injury when they decided not to renew his contract.?

Fair play to Hibs for offering McGinn training facilities but its taken a long time to offer him anything given we are already 6 weeks into the season.

There are plenty games coming up and definitely room for more bodies but a 9 month contract and Hibs now operating a one in one and one out policy of maybe Halberg leaving makes you feel Hibs are know circling the wagons in financial terms.?

I’d say Tom James is the most likely to depart next.

Surely this isn’t the midfielder that’s coming in instead of McCrorie? Has to be another one coming in as well.

We’ve got Steph McGinn again begin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??We’ve got McGinn
Two o the McGinn’s
I just don’t think yo.....
Naw f that,I’m no starting aw that again...has he got any sisters want to play for Hibs ladies?

Surely this isn’t the midfielder that’s coming in instead of McCrorie? Has to be another one coming in as well.
ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!
How many of these McGinns are there??????

We’ve got Steph McGinn again begin again.

Are you takin the Michael?

Deemed not good enough for St Mirren? ?

Strange signing this as I thought he was going to be part of the back room staff.

Gogic
Newell
McGinn
Mallan
Allan
Hallberg

I think we need two more in midfield and another striker as we haven’t replaced Rat boy Kamberi, if we get injuries we are screwed.

At this time we need a team of grafters not show ponies. Good signing for me

I think we need two more in midfield and another striker as we haven’t replaced Rat boy Kamberi, if we get injuries we are screwed.
Isn't Nisbet a replacement for Kamberi?

6 people competing for realistically 2 places is a lot. 442 has to be our main playtstyle considering we need to play with Boyle, so that means an opposite winger, and then we need 2 up top, Doidge is still first choice despite being what I'm guessing, less likely to score more than Nisbet and Doidge plays best with a partner.

I think we need a better variation of midfielder though.
Mallan Allan and Newell are essentially the same player. The ball player, different skills within that, but thats the role.
Mcginn and Hallberg are pretty similar and both unlikely to be long term starters in the formation.
Gogic stands alone.

Ideally I'd lose one of the 3 and Hallberg, bring in someone to cover Gogic and id settle the midfield at that.
Also gives a decent range of skills in the 3 man midfield games we will play.

Adding 2 more to that midfield would mean we have 5 or 6 players not starting, and probably 3 who will barely, if ever play.

Another forward wouldn't go a miss, but we have Boyle and Murphy who can play roles up top.

Adding 2 more to that midfield would mean we have 5 or 6 players not starting, and probably 3 who will barely, if ever play.

Correct, said before it’s totally unrealistic and will never happen. Wont be endlessly debating that either as it’s that obvious.

Even if one leaves we won’t add two more. There’s plenty there already albeit not all the type we need.

St Mirren obviously felt the game was up after his 4 months off with a knee injury when they decided not to renew his contract.[emoji848]

There are plenty games coming up and definitely room for more bodies but a 9 month contract and Hibs now operating a one in one and one out policy of maybe Halberg leaving makes you feel Hibs are now circling the wagons in financial terms.[emoji848]

Maybe the time it has taken to sign him is down to him proving his fitness after the injury that caused Saints not to offer him a new contract.

Whatever the reason JR obviously trusts him big time.

I am happy enough, I like the McGinn's approach to the game. I dont imagine he is costing us much.

Isn't Nisbet a replacement for Kamberi?

Thought he was McNulty’s replacement, maybe your right.

He will be coming in as a squad player who will play the odd game when we are light with injuries/suspension unless he turns into SJM. This doesn’t harm our hunt for another CM that we are still looking for, after the McCrorie deal fell through - few panic merchants on social media and here/.net forgetting about this.

We are not done yet. Ross expects movement both ways.

6 people competing for realistically 2 places is a lot. 442 has to be our main playtstyle considering we need to play with Boyle, so that means an opposite winger, and then we need 2 up top, Doidge is still first choice despite being what I'm guessing, less likely to score more than Nisbet and Doidge plays best with a partner.

I think we need a better variation of midfielder though.
Mallan Allan and Newell are essentially the same player. The ball player, different skills within that, but thats the role.
Mcginn and Hallberg are pretty similar and both unlikely to be long term starters in the formation.
Gogic stands alone.

Ideally I'd lose one of the 3 and Hallberg, bring in someone to cover Gogic and id settle the midfield at that.
Also gives a decent range of skills in the 3 man midfield games we will play.

Another forward wouldn't go a miss, but we have Boyle and Murphy who can play roles up top.

You have just named three similar types of midfielders, I can see one or two being moved out and I will include Allan in the possible two if he doesn’t improve.

Strange signing this as I thought he was going to be part of the back room staff.

I think he’ll be almost like a player/coach. A good experienced player for cover, but also learning the coaching/backroom side of things.

This signing might now free us up to move on Tom James and possibly Melker Hallberg, freeing up space (and funds) to pursue our McCrorie alternative.

I think he’ll be almost like a player/coach. A good experienced player for cover, but also learning the coaching/backroom side of things.

This signing might now free us up to move on Tom James and possibly Melker Hallberg, freeing up space (and funds) to pursue our McCrorie alternative.

Don’t get me wrong @Zab I know this isn’t McCories replacement, I thought he was just going to be part of the back room staff.

Reactions: Zab
You have just named three similar types of midfielders

I dont understand

I'm sure there will be.

I'm also sure we will see at least a couple of departures, because as has been said already, financially like every other club, we will be starting to feel the strain. We really do need to get fans back into the stadium as soon as possible.

Don’t get me wrong @Zab I know this isn’t McCories replacement, I thought he was just going to be part of the back room staff.

I don’t think there’s any harm in him being a player too.

This thread has been viewed 4499 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50