• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Matchday experience

Power

Private Member
Reaction score
What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

Let me hear it ✅

Just to clarify - does that mean "this is what I do every Saturday" type thing, or this is what I wish I was able to do in a perfect world? (eg "have a pie whose underside doesnae stick to the foil"; "enjoy a pre-match libation in a BTG not painted radioactive green")

Just to clarify - does that mean "this is what I do every Saturday" type thing, or this is what I wish I was able to do in a perfect world? (eg "have a pie whose underside doesnae stick to the foil"; "enjoy a pre-match libation in a BTG not painted radioactive green")

Perfect world for you Aggs, improving what you currently do every Saturday*.

I can guess the main yin’s - winning team, PA system, catering - but keen to tap into our knowledgeable and experienced support tae.

*or any other day of the week we play.

Buy food outside as its still overpriced but at least edible then go in sit down and hope the team performs and wins

What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

Let me hear it ✅
Get all the memorabilia put back up in BTG. Bars properly staffed. BTG is a great facility. Top tier is still unused two years later. Get it opened even if just to sell bottled beers and cans of juice

Getting into the ground without a shambolic experience.

Players giving there all trying to play the Hibernian way.

If we win , all the better.

Think this “match day experience “ label is everything that is wrong with modern fitba

Power,

I think you could write what the matchday experience should be, in a bout 10 mins and you could encapsulate 95% of what the support will tell you.

Its completely unacceptable that some of things for a better matchday experience is "getting into the ground without a shambolic experience" or a (fucking) "Tannoy system that people in the ground can hear". (an idea would be to get the huns and smellies to sing the tannoy announcements when they come to Easter Road. Everykant in the ground can hear their bigotted sectarian songs, perhaps they would be kind enough?)

Its appears that Hibernian have a person responsible for most of the areas a football club is involved in, but we seem to fail at a lot of very basic things. I dont know how clubs operate behind the scenes, I just think that if any company / department failed so miserably in so many basic functions, that department would be disbanded, or the folks responsible would have a rocket up their arse as a minimum.

It's a wee thing, but a while ago there were folk selling lentil soup in the East concourse. I'd like to see that as a permanent fixture - I'd much rather have a hearty cup of soup than the rank pies.

I am not comfortable buying a ticket on line as I find the website clunky and am not sure how long the transaction is going to take.

On match day arrival the first thing I look for is the size of the queue and then often quicken my step and when I reach the turnstile there is always that "will it or it will it not work" moment.

I have long given up trying to listen to the tannoy system and don't allow myself to be ripped off for food and drink.

During the match I would like more accommodation made for our "Ultras" group who fight a losing battle to create a genuine atmosphere due to their location.

It really shouldn't be like this and at most clubs it isn't as they get the basics right rather than grand standing with sniffer dugs, CCTV and dubious sponsorship deals.

Being able to buy a happy hibby ticket in the east. Turnstiles 42-46, sellers used to be there a couple seasons back but have now vanished.

OR... even better, being able to buy a ticket online.

"Healthier" food options, maybe like the gunts who have a curry stall, india etc etc.

Some fans are unlikely to go home and cook so a better option then the "fast food high cals" please.

Not getting shafted over tickets eg getting charged £11 for the Morton game for a kid

Not getting shafted over tickets eg getting charged £11 for the Morton game for a kid

Agreed but no way to bulletproof that one in the future SPFL rules 10.4

1) improve the catering - in an ideal world outsource a window to say Greggs and one to a local company
2) pay by card at the catering
3) improve the PA
4) improve the general appearance of the concourse areas
5) sell merchandise in the concourse area

Beer and reasonably priced food are probably the only reasons I’d turn up earlier than 5-10 mins before kick off,hard to change a match day routine.

Impulse buys on cold days like a scarf or hat don’t really happen with Queues in the shop,extra stalls maybe...

Agreed but no way to bulletproof that one in the future SPFL rules 10.4

Perhaps the club should push for change then, take the lead. We must of had less than 50% season ticket holder turn up. Something doesn’t get the fans going on this at all. Not just hibs but across the country fans are voting with there feet. It’s needs addressed. On that point change the name of season tickets as that is not what they, they are league tickets. After Shelling out for a season ticket, and for many holidays and school
Uniforms the prices perhaps are not over attractive.

Beer and reasonably priced food are probably the only reasons I’d turn up earlier than 5-10 mins before kick off,hard to change a match day routine.

Impulse buys on cold days like a scarf or hat don’t really happen with Queues in the shop,extra stalls maybe...

Agreed about routine. A suggestion of making use of the East outside area (food, fanzone, supporters bar) is interesting though.

Additional matchday merchandise stalls to help the club shop sounds barry ✅

It's a wee thing, but a while ago there were folk selling lentil soup in the East concourse. I'd like to see that as a permanent fixture - I'd much rather have a hearty cup of soup than the rank pies.

All of the previous posters suggestions, noting Aggie’s lentil soup when sold in the west lower gave me food poisoning!!

Other improvements would be the relocation of the singing section to section 43 44 areas.

Halving Hun and Celtc ticket allocations.

Introducing a safe standing area.

Fair away fan ticket prices across the league.

Return of a loyalty points in any guise that rewards people that actually go to games.

Better WiFi!

A beer in the ground.

Hot water in the toilets.

Enough tissues to dry your hands at any point before, during and after games.

I am not comfortable buying a ticket on line as I find the website clunky and am not sure how long the transaction is going to take.

On match day arrival the first thing I look for is the size of the queue and then often quicken my step and when I reach the turnstile there is always that "will it or it will it not work" moment.

I have long given up trying to listen to the tannoy system and don't allow myself to be ripped off for food and drink.

During the match I would like more accommodation made for our "Ultras" group who fight a losing battle to create a genuine atmosphere due to their location.

It really shouldn't be like this and at most clubs it isn't as they get the basics right rather than grand standing with sniffer dugs, CCTV and dubious sponsorship deals.
True that,Motherwell sell the “Bois” in their season ticket brochure (With a pic of a smoke bomb) as a reason to go.
Our Ultras are treated as a nuisance.A0AD37B2-8B41-4378-9221-274FA07682B7.png

Last edited:
All of the previous posters suggestions, noting Aggie’s lentil soup when sold in the west lower gave me food poisoning!!

Other improvements would be the relocation of the singing section to section 43 44 areas.

Halving Hun and Celtc ticket allocations.

Introducing a safe standing area.

Fair away fan ticket prices across the league.

Return of a loyalty points in any guise that rewards people that actually go to games.

Better WiFi!

A beer in the ground.

Hot water in the toilets.

Enough tissues to dry your hands at any point before, during and after games.
Lots good points. I would not want hibs paying for WiFi for fans to use,

We all have data. Personally not sure the red to data / WiFi when at the game

Safe standing. Probably the famous five lower - it could possibly be done as a one off £100 surcharge on season tickets.

Food options are dismal. Hopefully Ron partakes a game tonsee how bad they are.

Won’t help scarf sales but maybe as a one off put a cheap Green and White scarf on every seat before a derby,that huge banner and all the scarves held up as team runs out would look smashin.
9365812B-2858-45F2-9A61-2E2346991804.jpeg

Cheese Room

Tunnel club

Half n half scarves.

Matxhday experience.

I have brought these things up a few times over the years. We can't guarantee the outcomes on the pitch (3 points each game!) but the club can improve match day and other aspects within their control.
Online sales - seems over complicated
Contactless payment at kiosks (the length of queues put me off as much as the quality and pricing)
Cheaper tickets, Scottish football is hugely expensive, keep it accessible to ordinary supporters.
Reduce the pricing of the replica kit, we just charge these ridiculous prices because other clubs charge the same, if we are a true community club, stop these rip off prices.
Entry system - my new ST hasn't worked yet.
Some kind of loyalty scheme.
I think all off the above would not affect the income in any way (couple of points may improve income).
Things like a fans zone, I'm not convinced this would work, but a well run BTG seems like a no brainer.
Hold back the away fans to allow Hibs supporters to leave by Albion place / Across the bridge / Though to Meadowbank.
What should be simple things, that never seem to change. Pricing, quality & good design, in simple terms, putting the needs of the supporter 1st.

On a slight side note, Hibs to lead a campaign for away ticket prices as happens in England. An SPL wide £20 is plenty.

Last edited:
La Favorita, Los Cardos, Punjabi Junction, Masons, Robbie’s, Persevere all providing pre match food from stalls.

Hot water in the toilets

Safe standing section
Removal of songs over tannoy ~10mins before KO
Better food catering
Better turnstile ticketing system - fix issues to get back on par with last season
Alcohol
Oh, contactless payments for tickets at gates / catering.

Most of these are things that have been asked for for years and ignored. Incredible for a business to treat paying customers with such contempt.
Tannoy, decent food and hot water. It’s 2019

Improved scoreboard and large screen between the South and West stands to rerun clips of famous Hibs victories. I'd love to see us play clips of Hearts getting beat pre derby. Obviously Hibs could use this as an advertising opportunity for season tickets/match tickets/Hibs TV etc. Before people start moaning this would be a waste of money, it's an investment which potentially could last 5-10+ years before a further upgrade.

That bloody tannoy/PA system. It really isn't acceptable at present. Team news aside if there was an important announcement (I.e. emergency) no one can make out a word! This should really be a priority considering the number of people that go to games.

...get through the turnstiles on time for k.o.
Understand what's being said over the tannoy
Find somebody selling happy hibby
Winning happy hibby
Winning the game
Winning a high pressing game
Not have to fight off seagulls
Not have a seagull shit on ye.....
Eh no Mr Power I can't think of anything that would make it better,honestly I'm just happy going along to the match jumping about, chanting and singing and feeling like I'm 18 with all the rest of the fans and watching Hibs even when we're shite.
I just love it. :041::041::041:

Nowt will change. If we do at least try, then we will fuck it up. Natch. Sad but true.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Oh nearly forgot can we do away with the score board at the away end and have scantily clad ladies with score cards parading round the ground...oh sorry I forgot I'm no 18 anymore, I wouldn't know what to do with a scantily clad lady anymore. :38:

La Favorita, Los Cardos, Punjabi Junction, Masons, Robbie’s, Persevere all providing pre match food from stalls.

Hot water in the toilets

Seconded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things mentioned already were the same issues me and the other folk brought up over 10 years ago through fans engagement.

Every week before and since then the same issues have been brought up here and elsewhere. Every fecking week! Again and again.

Some things happened, some really good things. Lots of basic things haven't and are still frustrating each and every one of us those who only attend home games and those who travel away.

It gets to the time when you wonder why you bother and I no longer bother. I'm not sure the supporters who were full of enthusiasm and worked on things like the blueprint of the Hibernian Way and involved before LWT became a talking shop can be bothered either. We've been beaten into submission and surrendered!

Being able to buy a happy hibby ticket in the east. Turnstiles 42-46, sellers used to be there a couple seasons back but have now vanished.

"Healthier" food options, maybe like the gunts who have a curry stall, india etc etc.

Some fans are unlikely to go home and cook so a better option then the "fast food high cals" please.

Ticket sellers could be supplemented by a text and buy system. Seems simple enough but a grey cloud will come along with some reason it's not possible.

Safe standing area.

Decent grub that you can pay for with card, queues would move a lot quicker and sell a lot more food.

A whole squad a fit and 100% trying players with the basics done right most of the time and the not so basic happening often.

Loyalty points was a biggy for me. Travelling 140 miles round trip, for a home game alone, like others I put a lot of effort into my love of Hibs and cash. When loyalty points where in, a was top of the tree. Which I felt was the clubs way of respecting my efforts.
Then we got fucked over. But that's history now.
So I drifted, change of personal circumstances. Sometimes I would like to go with the good lady. But the pricing for two for a fun day oot is uncompetive with other pursuits. Buy one adult, one half price initiatives on the lesser games, would attract more couples possibly. Probably not doable but it's bums on seats.
More interaction with kids, as they walk up, mascot etc. Selfie opportunities. All good and very low cost out lay for the club. Family friendly matters.
The East with big games is great, smaller games like a morgue. I liked ultras in East.
Food stall top of the East, maybe. Its a long way doon and back up. And it's very slow moving. It's possible maybe.
That's me shut up noo.

We really need to brand the outside of the stadium. Scottish football generally doesn't have a clue how to use its prime advertising space to show off its brand.

The outside of Easter Road should be covered in Hibs branding.

We really need to brand the outside of the stadium. Scottish football generally doesn't have a clue how to use its prime advertising space to show off its brand.

The outside of Easter Road should be covered in Hibs branding.
That side of the East as you come up St Clair is prime for a Hibs badge

Arrive at the ground anything up to an hour before kick off because there will be reasons to be inside the ground. These could include:

Proper singing sections in at least 2 if not all 3 home stands. Season tickets for those areas are sold on the understanding that it is a singing section where folk stand up and sing and create a great atmosphere that negates the need for crappy music blasted out of crappy speakers that nobody can hear anyway.

Quality screens in each corner that show highlights of previous games and those team line up things they do on the TV. Again this will negate the need for crappy music and unintelligible mutterings over the tannoy.

Hibs pop up shops inside the concourse of each of the 3 home stands that also sell match day programs and Happy Hibby tickets.

Several different food vendors selling stuff that will be so tasty nobody is gonna toss it away thus eliminating the leftovers those seagulls are so desperate for.

Halftime kids games thus eliminating the subs from standing around chatting.

That will do for starters.

Arrive at the ground anything up to an hour before kick off because there will be reasons to be inside the ground. These could include:

Proper singing sections in at least 2 if not all 3 home stands. Season tickets for those areas are sold on the understanding that it is a singing section where folk stand up and sing and create a great atmosphere that negates the need for crappy music blasted out of crappy speakers that nobody can hear anyway.

Quality screens in each corner that show highlights of previous games and those team line up things they do on the TV. Again this will negate the need for crappy music and unintelligible mutterings over the tannoy.

Hibs pop up shops inside the concourse of each of the 3 home stands that also sell match day programs and Happy Hibby tickets.

Several different food vendors selling stuff that will be so tasty nobody is gonna toss it away thus eliminating the leftovers those seagulls are so desperate for.

Halftime kids games thus eliminating the subs from standing around chatting.

That will do for starters.
Screens cost a fortune. I’d rather money went up better players.

Use to have pop us shops in the betting booths . Didn’t last long. Takings were very poor

This whole standing sections improve atmosphere is pish. Arguably best fan interaction and doping is in PL, where it’s all seater and also no drink. You remove booze and council coke from UK matches and you’ve got morgues.
“I need a drink and no folding seat and then I’ll sing” makes you sound so ducking dull. It’s no point being a yoochoob ultra then trying to copy what you see, you can’t copy inbred culture.

Major issue in Scottish fitba is. Get them in and out ASAP. But in the in between, get as much cash from them as you can.

Afwiw. I’ll becat a 3rd tier game in PL tomorrow. It’ll be cheaper, in realative terms to the Scottish game. And it’ll be a better “experience “

If your team wins. Does any one care about the process before. Yeah we lost. But I got to stand and had some warm over priced lager from a limited selection.

Said it ages ago, have a wee booth where the sellers can stand in, yi ken every week where they will be.

Ok I must admit I haven't read everyone elses comments just one or two because there's a lot to read.1;.Hassle Free entrance to the ground.We've had a whole summer to instal a system and it's not right even now.It's laughable.2;.The catering :catering staff to be employed after they have passed a basic arithmetic test or better still pay by card3;all purchases should be produced firstand then and only then if the customer is satisfied with product does the product have to be paid for-there needs to be an end to this pay up front crap,I think it was introduced by the likes of Macdonalds, get rid.4;.the cashier counts back your change in your hand,again something gone from the past.5;.mixed toilet facilities:in this day and age with all the LGBT+ issues it's the way forward at least one toilet could be mixed.6; more toilets for woman.7;. better access for the disabled.Including toilets8.baby changing facilities9:.at least one half time draw booth in each stand clearly marked.10. hot water in the toilets.11 Douwe Egberts to lose their franchise over coffee-it's bowfing12; more choice in the catering 13; a price drop in things like a bag of sweets14;lifts and more varied disabled areas why should disabled people be consigned to one part of the ground?15;.more done to make the atmosphere LGBT+ friendly a rainbow coloured strip,scarf and bobble hat would be good16; Hibs to be the first to adopt "Show Homophobia the Pink Card" or such like17;Bring the singing section back to the East 18; the singing section to be supplied with two megaphones(decent ones got from that hire shop in mussleburgh)19; catering at the back of the stands20 toilets at the back of the stands21;.a safe standing section in all 4 stands 22; an upgrade in the tannoy system 23;a bird of prey bought to scare off the seagulls24;the half time entertainment to be drastically improved,perhaps a marching band or a comedian doing a turn or perhaps a singer?25 loyalty points or something similar introduced for both away support and for cup games 26 something done about the exit of the ground particularly in the middle of the east,i don't know why there's always a holdup-but there is27 the alocation for the big four clubs,Celtic,The Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen, to be cut in half,I think that's it?

This thread has been viewed 5011 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back