• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Matchday experience

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
I defer to your better knowledge on that. Can someone explain why folk think they need to drink alcohol at a sports event? Some folk are mad enough without being bevvied up
I don’t think it’s need,it’s choice.
The Bams will still get banned either way and it’s better served under controlled conditions.

Last edited:

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I defer to your better knowledge on that. Can someone explain why folk think they need to drink alcohol at a sports event? Some folk are mad enough without being bevvied up
Cos there's loads that are good on drink and it's the social aspect.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Cos there's loads that are good on drink and it's the social aspect.
There may be loads that are good on drink but all it takes is for one to turn into a yahoo and the normal inhibitions of everyone else when they are sober are put aside by poor judgement whilst not sober.
Introducing alcohol into a charged atmosphere is asking for trouble. One or more dodgy refereeing decisions or a Souness type incident where the players resort to handbags would have pissed up fans invading the field for a pagger. The club and authorities have to minimise those risks therefore I can't see it getting a blessing from the powers that be.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
$1.75 m. Something like Mrs Grazinski. I actually won a £20 bet on that being true and not a made up story.
Grazinski eh? Good recall. Although you maybe studied law more recently than I.

And I can barely remember my own name far less any from legal cases.
Funnily enough Donoghue versus Stevenson I still remember.
Always careful what I drink out of a bottle.

Just not 'how much'.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
There may be loads that are good on drink but all it takes is for one to turn into a yahoo and the normal inhibitions of everyone else when they are sober are put aside by poor judgement whilst not sober.
Introducing alcohol into a charged atmosphere is asking for trouble. One or more dodgy refereeing decisions or a Souness type incident where the players resort to handbags would have pissed up fans invading the field for a pagger. The club and authorities have to minimise those risks therefore I can't see it getting a blessing from the powers that be.
They can get just as pissed or more pissed in the pubs, clubs and their houses pre match???? Lots of people drink alcohol, pre and post match at Easter Road Stadium already, the vast majority are there for a few beers and a blether with their pals/ family. Daft question, but do you get to Easter Road to watch Hibs much? Shirley you know about the Behind the Goals Bar, accessible to all season ticket holders pre and post match, the various corporate deals and the beer tents that were set up behind the East Stand.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Cross that bridge when it comes. I'm sure most folk will be fine.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Grazinski eh? Good recall. Although you maybe studied law more recently than I.

And I can barely remember my own name far less any from legal cases.
Funnily enough Donoghue versus Stevenson I still remember.
Always careful what I drink out of a bottle.

Just not 'how much'.

Oh dear.
Snopes is great eh!
It seems this Winniebago crash never happened, either my law lecturer was taking the piss, or he had swallowed the story himself.
It was just bollix. Not an 'internet myth' in the true sense, as the internet didnae exist when I heard it, but a made up load of baloney.
I'm sure I've added to it by telling loads of folk that tale.

Never mind.

At least I don't have to hand back £20.00 eh Mr Westside Green.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
They can get just as pissed or more pissed in the pubs, clubs and their houses pre match???? Lots of people drink alcohol, pre and post match at Easter Road Stadium already, the vast majority are there for a few beers and a blether with their pals/ family. Daft question, but do you get to Easter Road to watch Hibs much? Shirley you know about the Behind the Goals Bar, accessible to all season ticket holders pre and post match, the various corporate deals and the beer tents that were set up behind the East Stand.
You're right but anyone turning up to the turnstiles who is quite clearly oot their tree is supposed to be refused entry.
Apart from taking my laddie along to see if I could spark an interest for football in him (the fuckin 0-7 Malmo disaster), I haven't set foot in ER since around 1979-80 unless working. I used to go to every match home and away with the Bathgate supporters bus for years prior to that.

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Oh dear.
Snopes is great eh!
It seems this Winniebago crash never happened, either my law lecturer was taking the piss, or he had swallowed the story himself.
It was just bollix. Not an 'internet myth' in the true sense, as the internet didnae exist when I heard it, but a made up load of baloney.
I'm sure I've added to it by telling loads of folk that tale.

Never mind.

At least I don't have to hand back £20.00 eh Mr Westside Green.
It seems a lot of newspapers reported it at the time, definitely read it and got it verified by a couple of people in pre internet days. Might have to track down the guy I robbed, at least a dozen beer tokens to be returned.

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel