• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Matchday experience

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ok I must admit I haven't read everyone elses comments just one or two because there's a lot to read.1;.Hassle Free entrance to the ground.We've had a whole summer to instal a system and it's not right even now.It's laughable.2;.The catering :catering staff to be employed after they have passed a basic arithmetic test or better still pay by card3;all purchases should be produced firstand then and only then if the customer is satisfied with product does the product have to be paid for-there needs to be an end to this pay up front crap,I think it was introduced by the likes of Macdonalds, get rid.4;.the cashier counts back your change in your hand,again something gone from the past.5;.mixed toilet facilities:in this day and age with all the LGBT+ issues it's the way forward at least one toilet could be mixed.6; more toilets for woman.7;. better access for the disabled.Including toilets8.baby changing facilities9:.at least one half time draw booth in each stand clearly marked.10. hot water in the toilets.11 Douwe Egberts to lose their franchise over coffee-it's bowfing12; more choice in the catering 13; a price drop in things like a bag of sweets14;lifts and more varied disabled areas why should disabled people be consigned to one part of the ground?15;.more done to make the atmosphere LGBT+ friendly a rainbow coloured strip,scarf and bobble hat would be good16; Hibs to be the first to adopt "Show Homophobia the Pink Card" or such like17;Bring the singing section back to the East 18; the singing section to be supplied with two megaphones(decent ones got from that hire shop in mussleburgh)19; catering at the back of the stands20 toilets at the back of the stands21;.a safe standing section in all 4 stands 22; an upgrade in the tannoy system 23;a bird of prey bought to scare off the seagulls24;the half time entertainment to be drastically improved,perhaps a marching band or a comedian doing a turn or perhaps a singer?25 loyalty points or something similar introduced for both away support and for cup games 26 something done about the exit of the ground particularly in the middle of the east,i don't know why there's always a holdup-but there is27 the alocation for the big four clubs,Celtic,The Huns, Gunts and Aberdeen, to be cut in half,I think that's it?
Have you seen the seagulls? They would square go a falcon any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Agreed but no way to bulletproof that one in the future SPFL rules 10.4
Hibs hide behind that. Other teams seem to get round it. Also, non season ticket holders paid more than £11.

If hibs genuinely wanted to charge less for the many games they weren’t allowed to. Because the opposition refused to drop
The price.

Hibs should publicly state this. No hiding. No smoke and mirrors

vasco de gama

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
This whole standing sections improve atmosphere is pish. Arguably best fan interaction and doping is in PL, where it’s all seater and also no drink. You remove booze and council coke from UK matches and you’ve got morgues.
“I need a drink and no folding seat and then I’ll sing” makes you sound so ducking dull. It’s no point being a yoochoob ultra then trying to copy what you see, you can’t copy inbred culture.

Major issue in Scottish fitba is. Get them in and out ASAP. But in the in between, get as much cash from them as you can.

Afwiw. I’ll becat a 3rd tier game in PL tomorrow. It’ll be cheaper, in realative terms to the Scottish game. And it’ll be a better “experience “

If your team wins. Does any one care about the process before. Yeah we lost. But I got to stand and had some warm over priced lager from a limited selection.
I’m not advocating replacing seats with that rail seating thing. I’m just saying existing areas are designated as singing sections where fans are allowed to stand up, sing, wave flags, and generally radge about. I’ve seen it work in grounds around the world that had previously been like libraries. Doesn’t get the whole place bouncing but at least the fans in these zones look happier than the misery guts I tend to see sat around at Easter Road.

The decent food and pop up shop thing is because for some folk they like that kinda stuff. Personally I can go 2 hours at the football without something to eat or a beer and I don’t need to buy badges, scarves, replica tops, fridge magnets, mugs, key rings etc but some folk love all that shizz and don’t like going to the main club shop Incase the turnstiles are slow.

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
I seen a couple of pics on twitter last week from the spurs vs West Ham from before and after the match. Before the match offering ‘early bird’ offers on the drink if in before a certain time and then still hundreds if not thousands supporters in the concourse drinking after the match. The amount of money they must be making pre/post match alone is ridiculous.

vasco de gama

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
They’re no embarrassed by their identity - neither should we be. Get it plastered in green and covered in hibs.
We were using the Chris Hoy velodrome a lot this summer while we were in Scotland so saw this every time we came up London Road. It is impressive but to be honest it’s inside the concourses I think we need to invest. They, like most stadiums, are dull and uninspiring places. Doesn’t cost a fortune to erect displays and I think good shops will pay for themselves.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
It's a wee thing, but a while ago there were folk selling lentil soup in the East concourse. I'd like to see that as a permanent fixture - I'd much rather have a hearty cup of soup than the rank pies.
At Forest Green they quite often have local food types selling their stuff at half time in the stands. Dunno how they work it commercially, and it's obviously much smaller so maybe it's not feasible at Hibs, but it's pretty cool to get a decent vegan samosa pretty much at your seat. It makes for a bit of variety and I guess good local ties.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I seen a couple of pics on twitter last week from the spurs vs West Ham from before and after the match. Before the match offering ‘early bird’ offers on the drink if in before a certain time and then still hundreds if not thousands supporters in the concourse drinking after the match. The amount of money they must be making pre/post match alone is ridiculous.
Don't know when that game was but I believe that's the thinking behind the new Spurs stadium - get people in all day and spending money that would otherwise go into the pockets of businesses outside the ground. Bit shit for pubs and so on but ker-ching for the club.

If Hibs want to do something like that they'd have to go all in. Needs a good space (no idea where that would be), good food, decent bars etc.

Goals&Glory

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Better Grub.

Alcohol. Pie and Bottle of beer before heading to your seat would be barry.

Decent sized screens in the concourse of each stand to watch past games.

No music 15 minutes before kick off, especially in the big games. Let any kind of atmosphere build.

Wee stalls selling programmes and Happy Hibee tickets.

Standing singing section. Say no more.

Both cheeks of the scabby arse - allocation halved permanently. They can fuck off with the allocation they give us, restricted view, charging shite prices. Time to nip that in the bud and make them suffer. This is my main gripe with Hibs at present. The Huns last visit to ER having the full stand just about tipped me over the edge.

Cat B games - get going round selected schools offering 2 tickets per pupil who wish to be selected for a game and house them in the away stand. Similar to what they done back in the 1st 98/99. Do we have something like this at present? - I may have missed it...

That’s me for now!

Last edited:

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Let's kick one idea into touch from the outset. There will never be alcohol allowed or served within a Scottish football stadium to the masses, only to the select few. The polis simply won't have it, due to the potential for drink fuelled disorder, and neither will a government who are trying to curb alcohol abuse in society.
Also, the way if the world now, where every lawyer is an ambulance chaser, will probably restrict any standing areas where it goes against the stadium regulations imposed following Hillsborough etc. Either that or fans will be made to sign injury waivers so they can't later sue the club.
There are plenty of other decent suggestions listed though.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Let's kick one idea into touch from the outset. There will never be alcohol allowed or served within a Scottish football stadium to the masses, only to the select few. The polis simply won't have it, due to the potential for drink fuelled disorder, and neither will a government who are trying to curb alcohol abuse in society.
Also, the way if the world now, where every lawyer is an ambulance chaser, will probably restrict any standing areas where it goes against the stadium regulations imposed following Hillsborough etc. Either that or fans will be made to sign injury waivers so they can't later sue the club.
Think we're talking about another BTGs bar where you can only drink till 2:45pm on game days. Wouldn't actually be in the stand.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Get turnstiles that work.
Contactless at the kiosks, with better standard (and cheaper!) fare if possible.
Tell the stewards that if I want to go for a slash before heading home I can do so without having to threaten one with physical violence for telling me I ‘can’t go through there’ when trying to go to GF toilets.
Not bothered about standing area nowadays – as long as it’s not in front of me I don’t care.
Not bothered about alcohol in the ground, I drive there and back and anyway, a couple of pints would lead to more chances of struggling with jobsworth stewards on my way out.
Fix the PA system.
Kill the gulls.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Standing sections are coming back in England aren’t they? And Celtic already have one. Absolutely no legal reason Hibs couldn’t have one.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Standing sections are coming back in England aren’t they? And Celtic already have one. Absolutely no legal reason Hibs couldn’t have one.
I think you've misunderstood what I was saying. I was referring to the americanisation of our society. Where there's blame, there's a claim. Businesses in britain are looking to find ways to negate any litigation against them. So they seek to make their businesses as sterile as possible. For example, in the unlikely event that Hibs score a goal, and there's a 'safe standing' section going nuts, and somebody falls over. Unless that person signs a disclaimer prior to entry, they can legitimately sue the club for failing to ensure their safety. Mental eh? But possible and probable. Like the yank woman in Wal-Mart I think it was, who let her brat do as he pleased in the shop as she ignored his behaviour. She fell over him and injured herself. She successfully sued the company.....for falling over HER OWN arsehole child who SHE failed to keep under control. The world has indeed gone mad but this is the kind of example where football clubs have to be extremely careful of the type of match day experience they allow.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
On a tangent...………….. but...……. when I did my law course my favourite mental claim was the American wifie who was driving a massive Winnebago on the freeway, stuck it on 'cruise control' and then left the driving seat to make a coffee and a bit of lunch. Not surprisingly the massive vehicle crashed.
She sued, because apparently the manual didn't specifically say 'dinnae be a fcukin eejit'.
She won a million bucks, plus a new Winnie and the handbooks were all changed to include a new 'nae fcukwits' clause.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
We had the huge tent behind the East stand selling peeve,It’ll happen again.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
We had the huge tent behind the East stand selling peeve,It’ll happen again.
I defer to your better knowledge on that. Can someone explain why folk think they need to drink alcohol at a sports event? Some folk are mad enough without being bevvied up

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
On a tangent...………….. but...……. when I did my law course my favourite mental claim was the American wifie who was driving a massive Winnebago on the freeway, stuck it on 'cruise control' and then left the driving seat to make a coffee and a bit of lunch. Not surprisingly the massive vehicle crashed.
She sued, because apparently the manual didn't specifically say 'dinnae be a fcukin eejit'.
She won a million bucks, plus a new Winnie and the handbooks were all changed to include a new 'nae fcukwits' clause.
$1.75 m. Something like Mrs Grazinski. I actually won a £20 bet on that being true and not a made up story.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel