• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Marvin & Fyvie

Robert Barone

Private Member
Reaction score
Both tremendous tonight -worked tirelessly - Fyvie is a very brave player in that he is willing to go and take the ball off team mates in tight positions and usually uses it well, big Marvin screened the defence superbly

Good combination being forged between these two - giving us a solid foundation in midfield.

Fyvie is,& has always been a good player.

But he's hellish prone to injury.

Fyvie is,& has always been a good player.

But he's hellish prone to injury.

Spot on. He needs a run of games to hit peak performance. Hopefully he kicks on from tonight.

Marvin just gets better each game, no nonsense graft in the middle, I bet there players know they met marvin tonight

Big marv has been outstanding since he broke into the team as a regular, probably our best player since the turn of year

Different class tonight but for me Marvellus Martin is motm

Big marv has been outstanding since he broke into the team as a regular, probably our best player since the turn of year

would make him captain myself...then again maybe the pressure would get to him and not allow him to play his own game. But Him Gunnarson and Hanlon are showing great progress and hopefully will be flying by the final

Both were up for the battle.

Agree Fyvie, Bartley, and Gunnarson were all excellent tonight. Also thought John McGinn was back to close to his best, ripped the huns a good few times, and helped run the clock down at the end. Worked his socks off.

I agree marvs getting better and better and if we can keep fyvie for it'll be massive for this run in!!

Hopefully stubbs realises that every time we play 3-5-2 we look a much better side

Hopefully stubbs realises that every time we play 3-5-2 we look a much better side
This

Fyvie was superb, I thought. We look a much better, stronger team with him in the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraser is a great wee player , he has guts and I like that. Needs a couple more games before we see his best. Occasionally loses the ball in dangerous areas , a bad habit that , but I love tae watch him play.
Big Marv is a machine strong direct takes nae crap . In forward areas needs more composure for me.
But both excellent team players.

It also get SJM more central rather than isolating him wide

It also get SJM more central rather than isolating him wide

Yep that made such a difference. We've missed his surging runs into the box since he was stranded wide on the wing. Like others I've been tearing my hair out wanting Stubbs to go 3-5-2 for those reasons - ever since we started the Alloa game like that and won 3-0. It took a while for the penny to drop for Stubbs but now it has I hope he keeps this for the run in as it suits the players we've got.

Yep that made such a difference. We've missed his surging runs into the box since he was stranded wide on the wing. Like others I've been tearing my hair out wanting Stubbs to go 3-5-2 for those reasons - ever since we started the Alloa game like that and won 3-0. It took a while for the penny to drop for Stubbs but now it has I hope he keeps this for the run in as it suits the players we've got.

I suspect this formation is exclusive for Der Hun....

I suspect this formation is exclusive for Der Hun....

I hope you're wrong mate. We are much better, more fluid in our play as a 3-5-2 than we are in 4-4-2. Surely Stubbs can see that.

I hope you're wrong mate. We are much better, more fluid in our play as a 3-5-2 than we are in 4-4-2. Surely Stubbs can see that.

Two big problems with it. When teams sit in (as most do), they can play it into the corners behind our wing backs; and if we accept that Bartley is a stick on, it means two of McGinn, Henderson, Fyvie and McGeouch have to drop out. I'm happy with horses for courses

would make him captain myself...then again maybe the pressure would get to him and not allow him to play his own game. But Him Gunnarson and Hanlon are showing great progress and hopefully will be flying by the final

I hope Stubbs & Co are already sounding out the possibility of getting Gunnarson on a permanent deal. IMHO he's a cracking player and one worth trying to keep.

I hope Stubbs & Co are already sounding out the possibility of getting Gunnarson on a permanent deal. IMHO he's a cracking player and one worth trying to keep.

He didnae half melt that shot lat night. I like him.

He didnae half melt that shot lat night. I like him.

Aye I think his laces are embedded in the ball.

This thread has been viewed 2351 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back